12 hour lay over

Hel123

Suvarnabhumi suite hotel is great and they have a free shuttle and it's really quite nice..expect to pay around 1800THB that's around £35 GBP

But of course there is a box type hotel on site basic and clean, I can't remember the name but the dstairs are on the airports website

Thanks. I didn't realize the transit hotel was that expensive: B4400 to B7400. I thought they had lower rates for short-term (8 hours?) in the past, but that may have been the old one at Don Muang.

My old standby, the Silver Gold Garden Hotel, starts at B700 with free shuttle between hotel and airport. Clean and quiet, with Tesco Express and 7-11 at street side. They used to have a B500 daytime 8-hour rate, but I don't see it on their web site any more, but might be worth asking them if that would work out.

Lots of hotels around the airport with free pick up and drop off included. 20-30 quid range. Depending what time of the day this 12 hour layover is and if they are people who enjoy travel. I would say do a quick tour of the city, even if they are tired. Sky train into the city. Taxi to Wat Phra Khaow, taxi to the Mount, canal boat to close close to MBK, Siam Square. Shopping and eating, make some sort of plan and do it. What ever they are interested in. Do a massage? Get back on the flight feeling glad that they made the effort. Sleep all the way to Oz.

Hotel Novotel is directly on the airport link. Nice hotel, great facility's but not cheap. Expect to pay around 12000bht per night.

Rather 6.000, also have day rate.

I also have 12 hours between flights (intentionally to get some rest before a 2x7h flight) and booked The Grand Residence for 705THB, 2 way transfer included, swimming pool is a must for me.

Archived