Mother of German killed by a Thai driver in Phuket begs for justice

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this does not sound like a road accident.

it needs to be investigated why the driver drove over the victim 3 times.

My thoughts exactly! Looks more like a murder for hire to me, to cover that up made it look like an accident, maybe?

Really? Well he would have to be the dumbest hitman on record and he could have just as easily killed the wife, as aiming a car isn't like pointing a gun.

To suggest that this could be a conspiracy perpetrated by the widow is completely funking nuts..., she was lucky to survive the incident, for goodness sakes.

But... If she too, had have died... Who then would have benefited?

My condolences to the family of the young man. No justification for folks to run from the scene of an accident.

Sadly the use of motorbikes by many is really the major catastrophe to be found in Thailand. Why tourists continue to take their lives in their hands riding there is beyond me. Motorbikes are "death machines."

This is the most CLOWNESK and RIDICULOUS statement i've ever seen.... facepalm.gif

Shame on you pal !!!!!!

So are you trying to say that motorbikes are not dangerous? If this man was driving a car he would be alive today. I don't understand why expats and tourists use motorbikes. Cars are quite cheap to rent and much safer, plus they have seat belts, air con etc... I often see expats driving around Bangkok with their kids, on motorbikes. Madness... Your comment shows a lack of reality and education. Look at the stats. There are thousands more people hurt and killed using motorbikes than other vehicles. Common sense really. By the way, I don't mean to be callous about this unfortunate man's death. I'm sure he would like some people to learn from his mistake and stop using motorbikes... I knew one young British woman who was killed in an accident here in Bangkok. I bet almost everyone on this forum has connections with similar accidents on motorbikes...

Very sad. Condolences to his wife and family.

This seems to be premeditated murder. There can be no other plausible explanation for driving over the victim three times. He must have thought the victim's wife was already dead, so no need to finish her off. One can only presume that he wanted to eliminate the witness to his dangerous driving or had been paid to kill him.

Presumably the Thai court will take the usual view on the death of a foreigner without wealthy or powerful connections in Thailand and award the murderer a B500 fine.

Can you provide links or evidence to similar cases where people have been fined 500 baht? Or is this just another flippant accusation of Thai injustice. Guess what. Injustices happen everywhere. I don't see too many police in the good old USA being punished for brutality?

"Do you think a 30 year old attractive woman has feelings for her 50 year old 'sugar daddy'?
I guess some of them might.

A sad accident for the German and his German family."

Do you think any Thai man would touch her at 30 plus years old?The answer is of course a resounding 'No',in Asian culture any woman not married with kids by 25 is 100% on the shelf and considered to be damaged goods with something wrong,basically a nutcase!
Besides which I wonder where she worked before the cafe?Probably not making sandwiches and pouring cups of tea! whistling.gif

"Do you think a 30 year old attractive woman has feelings for her 50 year old 'sugar daddy'?

I guess some of them might.

A sad accident for the German and his German family."

Do you think any Thai man would touch her at 30 plus years old?The answer is of course a resounding 'No',in Asian culture any woman not married with kids by 25 is 100% on the shelf and considered to be damaged goods with something wrong,basically a nutcase!

Besides which I wonder where she worked before the cafe?Probably not making sandwiches and pouring cups of tea! whistling.gif

Your cynical assumptions leave a lot to be desired, basically trolling.

Post removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

The German family will most likely measure justice by the length of time of incarceration of the other driver, whilst the Thai missus will measure justice in the amount of money the driver must pay.

Rarely, do you get it both ways here.

One may receive their justice, while the other receives no money, or one will receive money, while the other receives no justice.

Archived