True Mobile annoying sms Lucky Horo removal?

Alive

I bought an android from a True shop and with that I am getting these annoying sms messages in Thai about the lottery or something related to horoscopes I guess. Does anyone know the trick to get rid of these.

Also, I am disappointed with True phones because they bloatware on them too. I've got a 7Eleven app which can't be taken off the desktop. The True apps can come off but this 7Eleven one is hardwired differently. (True owns 7Eleven and I guess both businesses are owned by CP.) This doesn't bother me as much as the Luck Horo crap. I can ignore the 7Eleven app but the 'lucky horo' sms crap comes about 4-6 times a day.

Any suggestions welcomed.

What is the make/model?

What bloatware?

Some of the inexpensive models are subsidized by TrueMove H, and for that discount you subject yourself to their direct/partner marketing.

Not sure how you got an app on your desktop, did that happen when you connected your phone and clicked on unknown selections?

You should make sure you are not paying a daily or per SMS fee for the horoscope spam. Is this prepaid? Check your balance frequently, #123#

https://www3.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh/selfservice/prepaid?ln=en

Obviously best to look into details before purchase.

You may be able to flash a different ROM, but that may lead to other issues?

Yes, cpAll "owns" 7/11 here, and both True and cpAll are part of the CP conglomerate.

Thanks for the info. There's a number there to cancel spam sms so I tried that. it said 24 hours wait. To be honest I don't know much about these android. This is my first one. I don't know what kind it is other than to say it's a Smart 4G 5.0. When I bought it there were two prices. One was for buying the phone outright and other I guess you call it postpaid or the monthly charge. I just top mine up myself. I didn't think that the apps on it would be permanent when I bought it. It's just the 7Eleven one which can't be removed. I tried some free bloatware removal apps on Google Play but this one can't be removed. Looking around the net a bit I found that it's not uncommon to have something like this forced on the user. I've never like the CP monster or 7Eleven. They represent the evil corporation in Thailand in my view. I guess I was stupid not to know about True being owned by CP before I got this. Whatever. I don't use the phone like most people. I probably use 3-4 apps total so I ignore most anyways. Pretty soon we'll probably be forced to have Pepsi and Mcdonald's apps on phones too.

Anyways, thank you for the link. I hope this is the end of the lucky horo. It sent me numbers everyday. What would Thai people be doing with all these numbers sent to them everyday? I know they like the lottery but its a bit ridiculous.

เบอร์ True 08 3014 6547 ให้กด *137โทรออก เพื่อยกเลิก sms

This one cost me 200thb just by opening the sms?

Do Not Open any SMS

I have an android sms/call blocker app

I now block ALL sms

This was my current block list:

+66815873097

+66944780028

AlureClip

+66846568000

KRUNGSRI

Komchadluek

GossipNews

NewsGuru

ThaiQuiz

CampusStar

DailyHoro

+6625147200

+66846782555

+6626568000

MovieQuiz

TrueYou

EDT

+6627981100

PriceGame

PriceQuiz

KomNews

Talk Town

Doonung

ClipDed

Gameroom

monomaxxx

RichGame

BlueMobile

happy_ads

+6620029999

Gameloft

DailyLotto

INNhoro

TalkClip

VelaDee

+66989011242

+66633154808

+66815507059

+6626995018

+66831181326

+6620176001

+66943218937

+6620176080

SuperLotto

HoroLive

UknowGame

sweetlove

Thairath

HuangjuiDee

HoroDaily

LottoDaily

EDTguru

LoveHoro

MGame

LiveTalk

MohChang

Duangdee

Funny

Gametaijai

+66830146547

Well, that first solution didn't work. Following that I spoke to a rep at the call number 1331 who had good English skills and she blocked the sms. She said it was not controlled by True so turning off sms didn't make a difference. The only solution is to have them block it. Thanks for your help, folks.

I'm not certain that simply blocking SMSes is necessarily enough to cancel any subscribed services, and eliminate unwanted daily or per SMS charges.

It is probably better to be able to see these messages in order to react quickly to unsubscribe.

There are many, many, many SMS content delivery services here.

The mobile service provider is responsible for identifying any SMS content provider which is using reverse SMS billing on your account - you may be able to disable reverse SMS billing (or any third-party billing) on your account. Then it may be up to you to contact that provider directly to unsubscribe to the services. It's not clear to me that TrueMove H can cancel a third-party service which you may have accidentally subscribed to, nor is it obvious that any of the self-service management tools with TrueMove H can be used to cancel a third-party service? (They can be used to stop TrueMove H 'spam'.)

Maybe the OP could provide any detail on the SMSes: source number, name, title? And check your balance often to see if you are being charged for these SMSes. Most have a per SMS fee, like 3 baht (or 3.21 baht with VAT), or a daily fee like 6 or 9 baht (6/42/9.63 baht with VAT) for multiple daily messages.

Mono Mobile has a Lucky Horo SMS "game" http://m.mono-mobile.com/game/detail_1278 but there are many "horo" services here so not sure if this is the one the OP is getting? Mono Mobile, looks like they are part of Jasmine, have a call center 02-100-7000.

http://www.mono-mobile.com/

• 1 year later...

Have you subscribed to any sort of daily, weekly, monthly mobile data plan?

If you have not, and are using mobile data, you will be charged 1 baht/minute as the default rate.

Not sure what the *124# send USSD command is with TrueMOve H, can't find it in their list. Why are you using this code?

Can you share any details? Especially: is this a new SIM, did it just start happening, did you subscribe to a plan, how much is being deducted.

The easiest way is to go to the TRUE Outlet and request they cancel ALL Promotion and Scam SMS immediately. 

I bought some very cheap SIM's from a Seller Shop in Bangkok's China Town for THB 50.00 each, to use for 10 months each month up to THB 300, means THB 3,000.00 for that 10 months! Those Sims received every day between 2-10 SMS's about some Promotion from TRUE and many others. Gone to the TRUE Shop, talked 10 min and all was done, NO more SMS about any promotions!

Archived