How to display photos on Thai Visa without uploading

Some people have had problems with uploading and correct display of their images. This little guide explains how to show your photos on Thai Visa without having to upload them.

First, you will need a Flickr account. http://www.flickr.com

Flickr is a great community for storing and organising your photos; and it is FREE (or you can pay some money for an advertising-free account which will make you a Pro Member which will make you feel all warm inside).

Load your photos to Flickr and make sure you set the viewing option to PUBLIC. You must do this if you want to share your photos.

Right, so now you have your wonderful photo and you want to share it on Thai Visa. The following are the steps, each step is illustrated at the bottom of this post.

1. Click on a photo on your Flickr photostream to get a single image view. On the bottom right of the screen there is a little curved arrow. Click on that.

2. A box appears with various sharing options. Select BBcode on the right hand side, and then click on the drop down box to select the size of the image you want to share.

3. The required code is selected. Copy it and head back to Thai Visa.

4. Paste the code into your post.

5. Looks scary doesn't it?! To make sure you have done the right thing, click the More Reply Options box on the bottom right.

6. Your masterpiece will appear! You can edit from this screen or go back and edit on the previous screen.

It's as simple as that!

post-152667-0-54996700-1466412181_thumb.

post-152667-0-27265700-1466412193_thumb.

post-152667-0-48007500-1466412207_thumb.

post-152667-0-61370400-1466412217_thumb.

post-152667-0-13138400-1466412232_thumb.

post-152667-0-08193200-1466412246_thumb.

Thanks again, Fractured Rabbit...thumbsup.gif

Yes, Yahoo = Flickr, .... Google = Picasa. Both do pretty much the same thing. (Picasa going through a few changes, which we are not sure how it will change things)

This size really has not been an issue, until recently... with either Flickr or Picasa.

I noticed a couple of nights ago, in experimenting, that if I use my laptop (Mac Air) it sizes them to 800. If I use the same image and upload from my Mac mini, it sizes them at 1040 blink.png

Shaggy who I believe has a PC and uses Flickr has had same issues, but he pointed out this morning that one image had changed size after a text reply had been removed.

Internet gremlins at work! Tech support seem stumped on the issue too. facepalm.gif

Yes, Yahoo = Flickr, .... Google = Picasa. Both do pretty much the same thing. (Picasa going through a few changes, which we are not sure how it will change things)

This size really has not been an issue, until recently... with either Flickr or Picasa.

I noticed a couple of nights ago, in experimenting, that if I use my laptop (Mac Air) it sizes them to 800. If I use the same image and upload from my Mac mini, it sizes them at 1040 blink.png

Shaggy who I believe has a PC and uses Flickr has had same issues, but he pointed out this morning that one image had changed size after a text reply had been removed.

Internet gremlins at work! Tech support seem stumped on the issue too. facepalm.gif

But if you use this approach, you don't need to upload anything and you get exactly the size you specify? So, no issues!

But if you use this approach, you don't need to upload anything and you get exactly the size you specify? So, no issues!

Will try this later this evening... god it's going to be hard to retrain the brain into using a different method! wink.png

Why is it so difficult to display pics on TV?

On some other forum sites , it is as easy as sliding the pic into the reply window....done !

Takes less than a second and you can see the result immediately.

I have used Flickr for a long time and I have found it works well on this site and on motorcycle forums I use and 1TB of free space is great

• 4 weeks later...

Flickr is great, but if you use it with Lightroom and you make adjustments to the photo later, it will sync with Flickr and get a new link. And then the picture will disappear from sites like this.

Flickr is great, but if you use it with Lightroom and you make adjustments to the photo later, it will sync with Flickr and get a new link. And then the picture will disappear from sites like this.

It's the same with Picasa... I think it's a case of changing the image original name, by doing a "save as" then it won't do screw up by using sync.

With the new forum format coming in a couple of weeks (we hope) we should be able to just drag and drop photos from the computer, directly... Ron and I did a bit of testing on that, and it seemed to work... fingers crossed!

I am having problems uploading photos to my Flickr account for almost a week now.

Before the uploading was done automatic when Flickr "saw" a new photo on your PC but that feature now cost 35$ a year (Pro version, I think). I managed to upload almost 10.000 photos, took me months as my upload speeds are extreme slow.

So now I try to upload manually but no, the process starts but when finished, no new photos appears. Been Goggling around and try to find out why, but not wiser so far.

Anybody else having same problem? I don't get any error messages at all??

Well further to my previous post, I have discovered that my Sony rx100 jpegs uploads just fine but my fuji jpegs will not, well they upload as the count goes up, but no photos shows up??

I checked both folders from the cameras and they are both jpeg bitmap images, not sure what is going on there man but it sure is extremely frustrating as I uploaded fuji files before without any problems.

Flickr is the only photo sharing site where you can upload 1TB for free, other are around 2GB, a huge difference.

Well I am not given up yet, I keep you posted.

I am off to the Fuji X forum and see if anybody can help me as Flickr will not help non paying customers, which is sort of fair enough.

I am having problems uploading photos to my Flickr account for almost a week now.

Before the uploading was done automatic when Flickr "saw" a new photo on your PC but that feature now cost 35$ a year (Pro version, I think). I managed to upload almost 10.000 photos, took me months as my upload speeds are extreme slow.

So now I try to upload manually but no, the process starts but when finished, no new photos appears. Been Goggling around and try to find out why, but not wiser so far.

Anybody else having same problem? I don't get any error messages at all??

I have just uploaded a couple of photos to Flickr using the site and also the apple app and both worked fine

I have just uploaded a couple of photos to Flickr using the site and also the apple app and both worked fine

Thanks for the input.

Well I did found my Fuji jpegs in Flickr, for unknown reason not on the camera roll but on the organize page where you have the film strip in the bottom, strange.

I will likely go for the Pro version so my photos are automatically uploaded, 50$ per year, not too bad.

Archived