Chinese bike rider killed in collision with Kamala wall

webfact

Chinese bike rider killed in collision with Kamala wall
Phuket Gazette

br.jpeg
Chinese tourist Dai Tao, 27, was killed last night when he lost control of his bike on Kamala Hill. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Chinese motorcyclist was killed last night when he lost control of his bike on Kamala Hill and collided with the concrete wall of an abandoned house.

His female pillion passenger suffered severe head injuries in the crash.

The motorcycle was snapped in two by the force of the collision, which left a gaping hole in the side wall of the house.

Police named the rider as Dai Tao, 27, and his passenger as Chen Yufan, 22.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Chinese-bike-rider-killed-collision-Kamala-wall/64106?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-06-21

Hard to tell, but it looks like a "big bike" and not your average scooter.

Judging by the swingarm and taillight, I'm pretty sure it's a Honda CB650F/CBR650F.

And taking into consideration that the bike snapped into two pieces and made a hole in a wall, he was going waaaay too fast.

Plus it's raining a lot, the roads are super slippery and the stock tires on this bike are not exactly top notch.

Not that other tires could have prevented the accident under those conditions.

Judging by the swingarm and taillight, I'm pretty sure it's a Honda CB650F/CBR650F.

And taking into consideration that the bike snapped into two pieces and made a hole in a wall, he was going waaaay too fast.

Plus it's raining a lot, the roads are super slippery and the stock tires on this bike are not exactly top notch.

It is a CB650F.

The 25 metre plunge may account for the impact that snapped the bike.

Speed and stupidity at night on a big bike many times equals a new temple burning..

Will the rental company be held at least part-wise liable, as they rented out the bike to someone who most likely didn't have a driving license for this bike ?

For sure NOT !

Quite often people renting big bikes are licenced. And if not, that would be their (the renters) own responsibility.

Massive hole! they must have went head first into that wall at high speed. The bike weighs 206 kilos, so it can go through, but I'm not sure why he didn't dump the bike and loose some skin and broken bones.

Will the rental company be held at least part-wise liable, as they rented out the bike to someone who most likely didn't have a driving license for this bike ?

For sure NOT !

Quite often people renting big bikes are licenced. And if not, that would be their (the renters) own responsibility.

I beg to disagree stevenl. We don't know (or do we?) if the driver had the correct license, but if he didn't then the shop that rented the bike out to him should be held accountable. I think we read recently some news about this rule in Phuket. In theory, at least.

For sure NOT !

Officially, Chinese drivers licences are not recognized in Thailand. There is a new law coming into force next Monday (June 27th) that will require all Chinese drivers to obtain a temporary Thai drivers licence upon arrival as part of new rules if bringing in their own vehicle. This won't apply to renters of Thai registered vehicles, as this guy was. However, it might not be a bad idea - Vietnam is now no longer allowing tourists without proper motorcycle licences to rent motorcycles. Thailand should follow suit - it shouldn't only apply to tourists bringing in their own cars but across the board.

It is a CB650F.

The 25 metre plunge may account for the impact that snapped the bike.

Honda CB 650 F, looks better in one piece. whistling.gif

12779253_1015911748447117_46013113974945

...so that is 'the official version'....???

...any witnesses....???

What do you reckon. Triads? Russians? NCPO? Taksins death Squads? The bike shop owner? The Wall? Thats It! The wall... And speed and rider error. Case closed.

For sure NOT !

I beg to disagree stevenl. We don't know (or do we?) if the driver had the correct license, but if he didn't then the shop that rented the bike out to him should be held accountable. I think we read recently some news about this rule in Phuket. In theory, at least.
Disagree. He rented, his responsibility. Stop blaming others and look at own actions and responsibility.

Interesting...not one person gave the usual bullshit response of RIP and condolences to his family and loved ones.

Bunch of xenophobic tossers. If it had been some two week millionaire plumber from Bristol you would have been falling over yourselves to see who could post the most tearful and meaningful heart rendering load of crap.

Instead the discussion revolves around what particular breed of motorbike may have been involved.

Archived