Visa Extension at Korat Immigration Office

willyumiii

I went to the Korat immigration office today for my forth extension of my Non O (Thai Wife ) visa.

I was well prepared and had all of my ducks in a row, so it went very well.

I was in and out of the office in exactly one hour and five minutes.

It would have been even faster if not for a Russian woman who kept interrupting us to ask questions of the officer who was processing my application rather than wait her turn.

I wanted to let others who go to the Korat office know that today I confirmed that there are no new forms to be filled out about any internet use or information about any banks you do business with.

There was only one new form to sign that stated that you knew about the rules on overstays and the consequences of breaking the rules.

I have always had good experiences with the Korat office and when I read on TV about the nightmares experienced in other offices, I am happy to live in this area and have such a good group of officers to deal with.

Life is good.

• 3 months later...

I'm glad to hear willyumii's positive review of the Korat office. I'm going for my first extension of my Non-O visa in 2 weeks.

Besides bringing my passport are there any forms I can complete beforehand or is the paperwork only done once at the Immigration office??

Thanks for any advice for the first extension visit.

23 minutes ago, happylarry said:

I did my extension renewal at Dan Kwian in August and I had to fill the new form in, but only with relevant name and address, not all the extra stuff.

The name and address form has  always been required for a 90 day report.

When I did my one year extention and 90 day in Korat in August, there was still not information on internet use, banks used or anything else required.

After all of the hype I had read on TV, I came prepared to give that information and my officer said no we don't want it.

I got the impression that they really did not want it and would never  use that form unless they are required to by the powers above.

To my knowledge, this is still optional on and each office determines if they want to do it or not.

So far at the Korat office it is " NOT".

59 minutes ago, Two Roads said:

I'm glad to hear willyumii's positive review of the Korat office. I'm going for my first extension of my Non-O visa in 2 weeks.

Besides bringing my passport are there any forms I can complete beforehand or is the paperwork only done once at the Immigration office??

Thanks for any advice for the first extension visit.

For your extetion you wil basicly require everything you submitted the first time you applied with updated dates and new photos.

I just make fresh copies of previously submitted forms with current dates and take three new photos, if none of my information has changed.

Don't forget your a current proof of income letter dated less than 6 months in advance.

Depending on your country of origin, a noterized letter from your embassy may sufice,. People of many countries are required to provide current bank records as well.

If not too inconvienent, stop by a week or two early and ask for a list of what is required and if anything has changed since last year.

You should have everything filled out and in the proper order when you come in to reply, the immigration office is no place to sit down and start filling out blank forms.

Again, arrive prepared and you should have no problems.

49 minutes ago, willyumiii said:

The name and address form has  always been required for a 90 day report.

When I did my one year extention and 90 day in Korat in August, there was still not information on internet use, banks used or anything else required.

After all of the hype I had read on TV, I came prepared to give that information and my officer said no we don't want it.

I got the impression that they really did not want it and would never  use that form unless they are required to by the powers above.

To my knowledge, this is still optional on and each office determines if they want to do it or not.

So far at the Korat office it is " NOT".

It's funny that you know better than me which forms I had to fill in......maybe I can call on you next time I have to go too.

14 hours ago, willyumiii said:

For your extetion you wil basicly require everything you submitted the first time you applied with updated dates and new photos.

I just make fresh copies of previously submitted forms with current dates and take three new photos, if none of my information has changed.

Don't forget your a current proof of income letter dated less than 6 months in advance.

Depending on your country of origin, a noterized letter from your embassy may sufice,. People of many countries are required to provide current bank records as well.

If not too inconvienent, stop by a week or two early and ask for a list of what is required and if anything has changed since last year.

You should have everything filled out and in the proper order when you come in to reply, the immigration office is no place to sit down and start filling out blank forms.

Again, arrive prepared and you should have no problems.

@willyumiii: Can you tell me the "correct order" of the forms please?

41 minutes ago, buckwhelk said:

I do not have a copy on my computer that I can share with you, but Immigration has a list of what you need and the order it should be in.

Maybe you can find it on their web site, or stop by the office for a copy.

Unfortunately, if I recall, the list is written in Thai and I always have my wife translate it for me..

But...when you arrive at the office, there are  assistants ( college students, I believe ) who will go through your forms with you and put them in order for you before you sit down with the Imm officer.

as we are talking about korat immigration,having had 2 setbacks april and september this yr.doe's anyone know of agents that will do your 90day report for you.i have been warned it could happen again while DRIVING.

extensions must be done in person [correct] ?so as both are due november i have to take a chance,something you do every time you venture out on these roads.

I can only agree with Willi above, the Khorat immigration stationed at Dan Kiwan is fantastic.

where else can you get;

1) Extremely well educated officers throughout

2) Polite and where appropriate, humourous

3) Non requested but highly pertinent and positive advice saving the Farang money.

4) Efficiency .

these guys are a genuine credit to LoS and I am seriously contemplating writing to the boss man at Dan Kiwan and telling him how good his team is  and how well regarded they are within the expat community.

or could that bugger things up?

On 10/10/2016 at 10:06 AM, The Dark Lord said:

Oh and kudos to all posters here for one of the rare  fully positive threads

credit where credit is due much appreciated 

i will put the dampner on the above,my extension is coming up for renewal,always give the officer 2,000bht.dont want the change,

but last yr.she said can you give me ANOTHER 100.

they must have changed the staff again.

Hi MB,

cant comment on that yet but as 90 day looms very close I will see if any significant staff change yet. 

Renewal not not due until early next year.

even with that though, THB 100 or 200 is not exactly a killer is it? You don't mention any case of being sent from pillar to post back and forth so presumably, apart from the  minor cost issue, the process went smoothly?

I recall having missed the 90 day once which fell on a Sunday, when I went in Monday with my tail between my legs they told me to come back tomorrow ( Tuesday) 

Doing what I was told saved me Bht 1000 ( cannot go into detail here) but no receipt. 

It it works and continues to work favourably to their clients it seems.

cheers and thanks for sharing

for the past 7yrs.its always been in and out at the old and new immigration.never had an issue with any of the staff,i have always dressed tidy and address them as sir or mam,that was till last yr.so lets see how it goes in 3weeks time.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:59 PM, meatboy said:

as we are talking about korat immigration,having had 2 setbacks april and september this yr.doe's anyone know of agents that will do your 90day report for you.i have been warned it could happen again while DRIVING.

extensions must be done in person [correct] ?so as both are due november i have to take a chance,something you do every time you venture out on these roads.

MB, have you tried doing the 90 day report online?  I just did mine today and it worked.  If you try, make sure you use Internet Explorer browser.  I tried a few times with Firefox and couldn't get it to work. 

13 hours ago, 55Jay said:

MB, have you tried doing the 90 day report online?  I just did mine today and it worked.  If you try, make sure you use Internet Explorer browser.  I tried a few times with Firefox and couldn't get it to work. 

thanks for your reply,because i havent been out of the country since 2008 my details are not in the computer.

i am sure only them that has crossed the border and back in 2013, can do it online.

5 hours ago, meatboy said:

thanks for your reply,because i havent been out of the country since 2008 my details are not in the computer.

i am sure only them that has crossed the border and back in 2013, can do it online.

Think I remember reading something about that on these pages.   Have you actually tried the online report and it didn't work for you? 

If so, wonder if telling Immi about that, they could do something at your next in-person visit to enter you into the computer/system to facilitate you being able to do 90 day reports online.   Always found the female Sergeant down the left end of the customer service counters (in the main hall, not 90 day office), to be quite helpful.  She was still around last time I was there, I hope she never gets transferred.

thanks jay,i asked them as soon as it was anounced that 90reporting can be done on line but sorry it all needs updating.

doesnt make sense,all your details are reported every yr.

passport no.

arrival/departure card.

date of arrival.

address.

visa status.

all your personal details on every page of your passport,

even when i do my 90day report i always hand them a tm47 form.

19 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Think I remember reading something about that on these pages.   Have you actually tried the online report and it didn't work for you? 

If so, wonder if telling Immi about that, they could do something at your next in-person visit to enter you into the computer/system to facilitate you being able to do 90 day reports online.   Always found the female Sergeant down the left end of the customer service counters (in the main hall, not 90 day office), to be quite helpful.  She was still around last time I was there, I hope she never gets transferred.

The info used for the online reporting is from database derived form entries to the country. Immigration has no access to update it. Another reason for it not working is if you have gotten a new passport since your last entry.

I have the same problem (both of them). Immigration has told be to do a border hop if I want to do online reports.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The info used for the online reporting is from database derived form entries to the country. Immigration has no access to update it. Another reason for it not working is if you have gotten a new passport since your last entry.

I have the same problem (both of them). Immigration has told be to do a border hop if I want to do online reports.

Roger that, thanks. 

-----

FWIW on the email notifications, I received one this morning from Immi saying my online 90 day report was approved. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2016 at 10:03 AM, The Dark Lord said:

I can only agree with Willi above, the Khorat immigration stationed at Dan Kiwan is fantastic.

where else can you get;

1) Extremely well educated officers throughout

2) Polite and where appropriate, humourous

3) Non requested but highly pertinent and positive advice saving the Farang money.

4) Efficiency .

these guys are a genuine credit to LoS and I am seriously contemplating writing to the boss man at Dan Kiwan and telling him how good his team is  and how well regarded they are within the expat community.

or could that bugger things up?

I know the above post is 2 years old, but would just like to say the service has remained just as good up to this morning, and premises have been further improved with new signage in Thai and English, gardens made tidy, and plenty of helpful "assistants" ( maybe students? ). While it would be excessive to say that visits to immigration are ever one of life's great pleasures, I would suggest that if it must be done, this is about as good as it gets.

Congratulations, Immigration Korat!

Archived