BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

willyumiii

Visa Extension at Korat Immigration Office

Hi MB,

cant comment on that yet but as 90 day looms very close I will see if any significant staff change yet. 

Renewal not not due until early next year.

even with that though, THB 100 or 200 is not exactly a killer is it? You don't mention any case of being sent from pillar to post back and forth so presumably, apart from the  minor cost issue, the process went smoothly?

I recall having missed the 90 day once which fell on a Sunday, when I went in Monday with my tail between my legs they told me to come back tomorrow ( Tuesday) 

Doing what I was told saved me Bht 1000 ( cannot go into detail here) but no receipt. 

It it works and continues to work favourably to their clients it seems.

cheers and thanks for sharing

for the past 7yrs.its always been in and out at the old and new immigration.never had an issue with any of the staff,i have always dressed tidy and address them as sir or mam,that was till last yr.so lets see how it goes in 3weeks time.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:59 PM, meatboy said:

as we are talking about korat immigration,having had 2 setbacks april and september this yr.doe's anyone know of agents that will do your 90day report for you.i have been warned it could happen again while DRIVING.

extensions must be done in person [correct] ?so as both are due november i have to take a chance,something you do every time you venture out on these roads.

MB, have you tried doing the 90 day report online?  I just did mine today and it worked.  If you try, make sure you use Internet Explorer browser.  I tried a few times with Firefox and couldn't get it to work. 

13 hours ago, 55Jay said:

MB, have you tried doing the 90 day report online?  I just did mine today and it worked.  If you try, make sure you use Internet Explorer browser.  I tried a few times with Firefox and couldn't get it to work. 

thanks for your reply,because i havent been out of the country since 2008 my details are not in the computer.

i am sure only them that has crossed the border and back in 2013, can do it online.

5 hours ago, meatboy said:

thanks for your reply,because i havent been out of the country since 2008 my details are not in the computer.

i am sure only them that has crossed the border and back in 2013, can do it online.

Think I remember reading something about that on these pages.   Have you actually tried the online report and it didn't work for you? 

If so, wonder if telling Immi about that, they could do something at your next in-person visit to enter you into the computer/system to facilitate you being able to do 90 day reports online.   Always found the female Sergeant down the left end of the customer service counters (in the main hall, not 90 day office), to be quite helpful.  She was still around last time I was there, I hope she never gets transferred.

thanks jay,i asked them as soon as it was anounced that 90reporting can be done on line but sorry it all needs updating.

doesnt make sense,all your details are reported every yr.

passport no.

arrival/departure card.

date of arrival.

address.

visa status.

all your personal details on every page of your passport,

even when i do my 90day report i always hand them a tm47 form.

19 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Think I remember reading something about that on these pages.   Have you actually tried the online report and it didn't work for you? 

If so, wonder if telling Immi about that, they could do something at your next in-person visit to enter you into the computer/system to facilitate you being able to do 90 day reports online.   Always found the female Sergeant down the left end of the customer service counters (in the main hall, not 90 day office), to be quite helpful.  She was still around last time I was there, I hope she never gets transferred.

The info used for the online reporting is from database derived form entries to the country. Immigration has no access to update it. Another reason for it not working is if you have gotten a new passport since your last entry.

I have the same problem (both of them). Immigration has told be to do a border hop if I want to do online reports.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The info used for the online reporting is from database derived form entries to the country. Immigration has no access to update it. Another reason for it not working is if you have gotten a new passport since your last entry.

I have the same problem (both of them). Immigration has told be to do a border hop if I want to do online reports.

Roger that, thanks. 

-----

FWIW on the email notifications, I received one this morning from Immi saying my online 90 day report was approved. 

can you do mine for me jay please all exs.paid, or you can have the 5bottles of cider thats left.

On 10/10/2016 at 10:03 AM, The Dark Lord said:

I can only agree with Willi above, the Khorat immigration stationed at Dan Kiwan is fantastic.

where else can you get;

1) Extremely well educated officers throughout

2) Polite and where appropriate, humourous

3) Non requested but highly pertinent and positive advice saving the Farang money.

4) Efficiency .

these guys are a genuine credit to LoS and I am seriously contemplating writing to the boss man at Dan Kiwan and telling him how good his team is  and how well regarded they are within the expat community.

or could that bugger things up?

I know the above post is 2 years old, but would just like to say the service has remained just as good up to this morning, and premises have been further improved with new signage in Thai and English, gardens made tidy, and plenty of helpful "assistants" ( maybe students? ). While it would be excessive to say that visits to immigration are ever one of life's great pleasures, I would suggest that if it must be done, this is about as good as it gets.

Congratulations, Immigration Korat!