Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the only thing they don't have for retirees is social media. Well let's hope it's not serious, I can see a few high ranking Thai guys gagging into their morning coffee if they read some of the posts on here. As for tourists, they'll just lie or refuse point blank.

Doing my 90 day report in person tomorrow..

I have zero problem with providing this info..

Some of the things they're asking for, was already provided back in the States, with my

visa application..

If the want to know what social media sites I use, no problem..

Where I go.. No problem..

All they want to know.. No problem!!!

I don't have a clue how many long term residents on the various types of visa there are in this country, but however you look at it this is a humoungus amount of information to be sifted and processed. Do the Immigration have the staff, time or even the interest, or will these forms simoly gather dust from day 1?

Frequently visited places.

Emm,,, let me think?

Big C

Tesco lotus

7/11

Mini mart

My garden.

The sky is the limit really!

You have the right idea, just don't leave out some details, there is the shop down the street and the other one. For vehicles list Isuzu and give the number plate of every baht bus you catch, and every motorcycle taxi.

Don't be afraid to ask for an additional page to answer the questions completely.

How it begins my hot frog friends. The attitude to social media has already been displayed. I'm sure the information won't be widely implemented, but if they want to come for you? And what about when fine/prison time is sanctioned for providing false information, still mai bpen rai? I'm off next week anyway, got a condo for sale ?

Does anyone seriously believe that the Immigration Police want to work even harder for their living by having to vet these long, rambling and completely irrelevant bits of bumf?

I filled one in for my last 90 day report at Hua Hin and didn't even get asked for it. Just as well, because they probably wouldn't have believed the stuff about my social outlets!

in ubon (siringthong) last mounth i renew my year extension visa and yesterday a friend of mine did the same, no such form as been asked to be filled up from the autorities.

i already read that thing new in thai visa month ago and still today it doesn't appear it is every where, at least not in my place ....so take it easy and dont worry....looks like a kind of BS anyway

just dont tell them nothing , they can not even controll it as their system is archaic.they dont use the computer for nothing.....every year the same question with the same answers.it is boring....i asked them dont you have a data base? man all the time the same story..!

people have to make show they do something to earn their salary.

i dont know and i dont care

coffee1.gif

The information is all out there if they bothered to look. Or if someone got off their lard <deleted> and compiled these information and made it available across various agencies. This form isn't going to help them be more efficient.

I did my 90 Day Report in Phuket this morning. Had my photographs ready, form pre-filled out, dressed properly for the Immigration Department etc.

Alas when I went to get issued my number the form was not wanted, nor the photographs. I did have to go outside and make a photocopy of my TM6, Visa Stamp and the Personal Detail page. Then when called to counter number 2, was given the hairy eyeball and told photocopied forms not needed, as I was already in the system.

Got my 90 Day Receipt form and was told to drive carefully due to the heavy rain and a merry see you on 19 September 2016.

So it looks like the form is only selectively asked for.

Big ado for nothing.

I did a 90 day reporting recently and had to fill in this form. I just N/A'd or left blank all the areas i did not want to answer and there was no problem. If i recollect properly it even mentioned on the form some of the more intrusive questions were not mandatory.

"Next of kin" would be much more important information than the names of my deceased parents.

On 6th June, I went to the Immigration Office on Koh Samui. I was applying for an extra 30 days on my Tourist Visa.

There were two boxes each containing a stack of forms. Having done this lots of times before, I spotted the usual Extension of Stay form straight away and picked out a copy without paying attention to the other form in the second box.

I completed the form and attached a photo. I returned to the desk and the officer with a friendly smile picked out the form from the second box and handed it to me. It was the Foreign National Application form. I had been vaguely aware some weeks ago, from reading Thaivisa, that it was coming in, but I have been busy recently, and had forgotten all about it.

I filled it it in as best as I could, including my social media details, although I don't remember the question about places I visit. I returned the form. The officer asked if I had a photo for this form. I said that I had only brought one with me for the first form. She just smiled, but did not make me go next door and get a new photo taken.

I had put down only the name and address of my Farang landlord as a contact. She asked if I had a Thai contact and I said no I didn't. (Next time, if it is a problem, I guess I could use the name of my landlord's Thai wife). Anyway, this time, she just smiled and then passed both forms to the officer considering the extension of stay applications. I was given a ticket and was told to come back after lunch to collect the visa and passport. All very sabai sabai.

It was low season, so there were not many people applying for extensions. Anyhow, not for the first, I was impressed by how helpful the staff had been. So 10/10 to the staff at Samui Immigration for their Customer Service.

I love this: I have always had an active imagination, and I suppose that immigration will enjoy researching the websites I visit.

Keep them busy, and advertise places only worthy of an immigration policeman's visit.

This will be FUNNY! but very enjoyable.....

I am so happy to have paid taxes here for 25 years..... employed 100's of Thais, sent my kids to private schools, rather than government funded education sink funds, private medical insurance, rather than government funded medical sink funds.

This dildo up the jacksy feels good, baby, sooo good. Come to Thailand, be happy!

Make sure that you know why you are here: like Chinese tour groups, is it because it's cheap?

Keep up the good work and it can only get cheaper.

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

After downloading and reading the form, it appears that the form must be completed in front of an immigration officer

(live) so to speak. For those that do 90 day reporting via post or on-line, how is it possible to report in these ways anymore?

Places I visit frequently...

Immigration, every 90 days....oh, wait, no I don't cos someone does that for me.

Erm, my home, my office, no other single place more frequent than those two.

Swivel.

Kim and his henchmen doing what they do best (worst?)

Since they asked everybody to register their sim card with passport or ID card last year, they already have all that information.

The girl in the 7-11 where I bought my SIM card didn't know how to register a SIM for a foreigner.

I held up 100bht note, 'who wants to register my SIM in their name', job done.

Doing my 90 day report in person tomorrow..

I have zero problem with providing this info..

Some of the things they're asking for, was already provided back in the States, with my

visa application..

If the want to know what social media sites I use, no problem..

Where I go.. No problem..

All they want to know.. No problem!!!

Sure and I doubt that anyone else has any great problem with providing that information either. But the question is why do they want it...and what will they do with it? They are not going to garner anything of consequence from where anyone eats, shops, travels. In any event all of that information is readily available thanks to the creepy intrusive snoops from Google and PayPal and their ilk.

The irksome thing about this form, reflected in the "catch them faster" comment, is the attitude behind it: that foreigners are troublesome and need to be watched. No doubt some are but this 'one size fits all' basket is just further evidence that the welcome mat is wearing a bit thin.

Number 1 question name of mother and father. <deleted>.Went through that nonsense when getting a yellow book and their names had to be translated into Thai.Mum and Dad passed 23 and 27 years ago.

After 15 years here i can confirm this country just gets more and more stupid. Next thing we wont be able to buy a bottle of wine between 2pm and 5pm.

Since they asked everybody to register their sim card with passport or ID card last year, they already have all that information.

yes, they do. But they can't find it. So, they ask again...and again...and again...

No

No

No

Note: Other Details (If Any):

I live in the American Gardens building on West 81st street. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me. Only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

Other than the Chinese, that would be a tourism killer.

Archived