Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

I just come back from Jomtien for my 90 days:

- DONT FORGET TO BRING 1 PHOTO

- this 3 pages form is not a big deal, done in 5-10mn

- You have to do it ONCE, for the next 90 days notification you won't need to fill that form again

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother ....... foundling brought up in orphanage

- Full address and telephone numbers in home country ........................................... don't have a phone

- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand ............ don't have a phone

- Social media and email accounts (is optional) .................................................... don't have a phone

- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number ............................. don't have a car or m/c

- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital .................... I never visit anywhere twice

- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner ....................................... I don't know any Thais or foreigners

- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas ...... don't have a bank account

There you go, easy peasy.

You must lead an exciting life.biggrin.png

I was given this yesterday when applying for my retirement visa,I only gave my Thai address details, and received my visa from the very helpful and smiling staff this morning. They wanted me to apply for a work permit? I'm 82! What would I need a work permit for?coffee1.gif

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

Probably an old article - they were tossing that brilliant idea around in the wake of the Koh Tao murders

Anything that alienates the westerner, makes the Junta look top notch (The book of Thainess art.101); are evidently on top of their game in all aspects (with the referendum) charter approaching, could this be instrumental type BS? The uneducated may see this as proactive, anything to get the charter enacted.

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

And then chip implants.

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother ....... foundling brought up in orphanage

- Full address and telephone numbers in home country ........................................... don't have a phone

- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand ............ don't have a phone

- Social media and email accounts (is optional) .................................................... don't have a phone

- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number ............................. don't have a car or m/c

- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital .................... I never visit anywhere twice

- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner ....................................... I don't know any Thais or foreigners

- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas ...... don't have a bank account

There you go, easy peasy.

So bloody obvious, why are people making a big thing of this?

Make it all up.

Just back from doing my 90 Day at Chiang Mai Imm (Promenada) - I have had a retirement visa with extensions for ten years now. I had already completed the TM47 at home and produced all necessary photocopies.

In and out in the time it took to fill in their new 'Foreign National Questionnaire' (for which I anticipated having a real problem giving personal info).

Not three pages - one and a half only.

Several sections were not applicable so 'N/A' was the answer.

The section on social media was "Optional" so I didn't put anything in.

The section on where I frequented just got "BigC, Makro and Rimping" which are really the only places I "frequent" and I didn't give a damn if they know it!

I couldn't remember my bank account details and, in any case, they weren't necessary for my purposes.

No photograph required - they already had a photocopy of my passport.

Section on the vehicle I have was no problem for me anyway.

I doubt very much that they will require me to fill in another questionnaire at any future date, if they do then it will just be the same info.

To be honest, I have never had any problem with Chiang Mai Immigration - always straightforward and usually courteous and polite, even had the Imm Officer laughing today!

Old story from the tourism minister and shot down by PM, but makes you wonder about all the potentially extreme policies under consideration.

I just come back from Jomtien for my 90 days:

- DONT FORGET TO BRING 1 PHOTO

- this 3 pages form is not a big deal, done in 5-10mn

- You have to do it ONCE, for the next 90 days notification you won't need to fill that form again

Spellforce,

I downloaded the pdf and it has (2) pages of requested information to be filled out.

You mention (3) pages.

I already have a false Facebook and Gmail. To register at different sites so it seems i need to make another bank account that's empty and another line I'll never use. I give this 1 month before they take it away

Like at photo position says "Do not smile" as if we had a reason to..... Then again I thought this was the Land of Smiles

Maybe under "places visited" could say "Never leave condo, all food delivered. Too dangerous out there"?

I did my 90 day report on Samui last week, no questionnaire.

A friend did his yearly renewal of retirement extension a couple of days ago (Samui) and was asked to do a full medical at a hospital...(including blood and urine tests) but not the questionnaire ....

Bank records, address etc is information they already have... blink.png

Well, I have been thinking about how much longer will I stay here. I like many things here but the reality is that there are other countries with decent weather that I can probably work from and have a much easier time of it.

It appears to be getting more violent, less friendly and despite the ruling parties promises even more corrupt.

So, the day I have to provide very personal information (including my bank account details) in order to get my visa renewed or 90 reporting done is the day they will make the decision for me to remove myself from this place.

We all jump through hoops to protect our bank account details when using an online business with secure protection, who in their right mind would trust that this information will be secure, written on a piece of paper floating around an immigration office in Thailand...? Absolutely no way would I do this.

Don't know of any other country doing this kind of ridiculous thing.

I did my 90 day report on Samui last week, no questionnaire.

A friend did his yearly renewal of retirement extension a couple of days ago (Samui) and was asked to do a full medical at a hospital...(including blood and urine tests) but not the questionnaire ....

Bank records, address etc is information they already have... blink.png

Immigration don't have my bank details.

had to do it a khon kaen immigration for a 30 day extension.

Strange - I went to KK Immigration 2 days ago (Monday 20th.) for my 90-day and wasn't asked to complete this form.

EDIT - I see Thaimike 370, Post 38, also says it's in use at KK. Maybe not for 90-days, only extensions???

Ball and chain would suffice.

No

No

No

Note: Other Details (If Any):

I live in the American Gardens building on West 81st street. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me. Only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Think you made a mistake, this is the TVF, topic of "Foreign National Form".

I think you wanted Thai dating website.

Shit when I visited Thailand numerous times I barely knew my hotels name let alone its address. I think it may be easier to holiday in North Korea and places like that now. What a load of Gestapo innuendo. Guess they don't want expats or long stay tourists anymore.

Immigration already has all this data on file or accessible from the transportation department with the exception of number 6 and 7 social media data and frequented places. Why do it again if you have a retirement non-res visa or business visa? This could be their quick "cheat sheet," so they needent scroll through all the massive files they never bothered to look at after you filed all that unnecessary paperwork they required for your visa application in the first place.

I'm beginning to wonder if these sort of things as they seem to crop up and then die again after a new government is installed are really a positive step by these folks. Why not simply run the passports through international agencies for a check to begin with?

Are the Asian visa applicants going to fill out these forms? How many illegal Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Lao's, Indians, etc. are never bothered by either Immigration or the BIB? Xenophobia at its best, inquiring minds highly doubtful.

Yes. All the Asian applicants, including my Lao girlfriend, were given the form. In fact one section is specifically for Cambodian, Laotian, Myanmar and Vietnam passport holders. Quite why some westerners think they are being targeted I don't know.

I dont think anyone has actually said that have they?

Anyway, it is aimed at all foreigners, full stop.

Yeah! That automatically electrocutes you if you stray from the recognized tourist areas. Probably fitted with GPS and a bank withdrawal reader that electrocutes you too if you aren't spending on a "Quality Tourist Level"

Shit when I visited Thailand numerous times I barely knew my hotels name let alone its address. I think it may be easier to holiday in North Korea and places like that now. What a load of Gestapo innuendo. Guess they don't want expats or long stay tourists anymore.

Well please watch yourself in future; as of late they have been considerably stricter regarding addresses when entering the country.

Now back to the topic..

I did my 90 day report at Hua Hin last week, no requirement there for this form yet. 20 minute wait, then 2 minutes to process the TM 47 paperwork, which I had completed prior to arrival. Very efficient, no problems at all.

Doing my 90 day report in person tomorrow..

I have zero problem with providing this info..

Some of the things they're asking for, was already provided back in the States, with my

visa application..

If the want to know what social media sites I use, no problem..

Where I go.. No problem..

All they want to know.. No problem!!!

Sure and I doubt that anyone else has any great problem with providing that information either. But the question is why do they want it...and what will they do with it? They are not going to garner anything of consequence from where anyone eats, shops, travels. In any event all of that information is readily available thanks to the creepy intrusive snoops from Google and PayPal and their ilk.

The irksome thing about this form, reflected in the "catch them faster" comment, is the attitude behind it: that foreigners are troublesome and need to be watched. No doubt some are but this 'one size fits all' basket is just further evidence that the welcome mat is wearing a bit thin.

This reminds a person of what Russia or China would have been like during the cold war. Sadly, our American friend seems far to happy to accommodate. After the coup the attitudes changed, and foreigners were no longer welcomed . No remorse in leaving Thailand. Just feel sorry for those who struggle to live there.

Archived