Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

The bad guys will surely pay for a smartphone photo of the information just in case they want to kidnap a foreigner and get him to empty his bank account with his ATM card. EZ-PZ when they know his address and the places he hangs-out ... especially if he is a heavy drinker.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did my 90 day at Jomtiem last week. Did not have to fill out this form. Having said that, I have traveled and lived in many different places in the world. I have never seen a more dysfunctional collage of psychopaths and losers as I have here in Thailand. I avoid farangs as best I can. Just me, I prefer the company and customs of Thai people, most times.

I was in a meeting the other day and a couple of guys were complaining about having to have a drivers license and insurance? As well as the "stepped up" policing of the streets. Personally I like it. Hopefully they can thin out the population of psycos both Thai and farang.

I mean really if you don't like it, isn't it simpler to leave...

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

I think this is a good idea.The problem is .It will be used as a money maker.When they make it compulsory on entering the country.Charging you 500 baht for a 20 baht bracelet.And being stuck in a que for an hour.And a 10,000 baht fine ,if your caught not wearing it.I hope there not reading this.Money number one.

I don't have a clue how many long term residents on the various types of visa there are in this country, but however you look at it this is a humoungus amount of information to be sifted and processed. Do the Immigration have the staff, time or even the interest, or will these forms simoly gather dust from day 1?

Just another "form" of scaremongering!

I don't have a clue how many long term residents on the various types of visa there are in this country, but however you look at it this is a humoungus amount of information to be sifted and processed. Do the Immigration have the staff, time or even the interest, or will these forms simoly gather dust from day 1?

I think we all know the answer to that one already. This is a tick in the box exercise for sure.

Returned to Thailand 20 June via Don Muang airport - this form not seen.

First sentence: "Expats and foreigners in Pattaya are now being asked to complete the form, when they go to complete their 90 day report or extend their visas."

What is the difference between an 'Expat' and a Foreigner' ?

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

Ahh, isn't that nice of them. There are so many times I see tourists crying by the roadside because they are lost and can't find their hotels. It's an enormous problem for sure, lost tourists and the government need to do something, and fast! giggle.gif

I assume that the wristband will have hotel details on it, so bit like hotel business cards for taxi drivers really,, oh darn it they have already solved the problem.

Strange, I just went yesterday afternoon to immigration Jomptien for my 90 days, as usual in and out in 4 min,scan of barcode and put other paper in pasport with new date, and see you next time, not seen other papers to fill in?

Immigration already has all this data on file or accessible from the transportation department with the exception of number 6 and 7 social media data and frequented places. Why do it again if you have a retirement non-res visa or business visa? This could be their quick "cheat sheet," so they needent scroll through all the massive files they never bothered to look at after you filed all that unnecessary paperwork they required for your visa application in the first place.

I'm beginning to wonder if these sort of things as they seem to crop up and then die again after a new government is installed are really a positive step by these folks. Why not simply run the passports through international agencies for a check to begin with?

Are the Asian visa applicants going to fill out these forms? How many illegal Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Lao's, Indians, etc. are never bothered by either Immigration or the BIB? Xenophobia at its best, inquiring minds highly doubtful.

Yes. All the Asian applicants, including my Lao girlfriend, were given the form. In fact one section is specifically for Cambodian, Laotian, Myanmar and Vietnam passport holders. Quite why some westerners think they are being targeted I don't know.

I dont think anyone has actually said that have they?

Anyway, it is aimed at all foreigners, full stop.

The post I quoted did.

Mr

really can't see the problem here. Looked at form only thing they don't have from me now is social media bit. Someone will put a template up soon fill it in and photocopy it so your details are the same every time.

I think those who are saying no why should I or big brother rubish just may have something to hide.

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother

This is already recorded by government agencies somewhere, so nothing new here. Aside from parent's names, we already supply this all the time.

Unnecessary.

- Full address and telephone numbers in home country

This is new and could be a problem if you do not maintain an address in your 'home' country.

Also, what is 'home' country? Some of us have not lived in the country of our passport for decades and no longer have a 'home' there :P

Problematic

- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand

This is already supplied when applying for an extension

Unnecessary.

- Social media and email accounts (is optional)

This is pointless, no one is going to supply anything useful here.

Pointless.

- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number

This is already recorded when you purchase a car.

Unnecessary.

- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital

This is pointless, no one is going to suggest anything bad here.

Pointless.

- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner

This is new, not bad (most of us have this on our health insurance forms). I presume you can add 'none'.

Somewhat useful in case they find your body in a ditch and want to tell someone.

- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas

This is the problem. But perhaps it's (as suggested?) only required for Visas where you have to show that you have money in the bank account.
In which case, Pointless (supplied in visa application already)

Pointless.

Now, my attempt at humour:

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother

Mother: HRH Queen Amadilla Of Naboo
Father: Unknown

- Full address and telephone numbers in home country

Homeless

- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand

Don't work! Trick Question! Thought you got me, huh?!

- Social media and email accounts (is optional)

E-mail: [email protected]
Twitter: @nospamplease
KatooeyLovers.com : spanky69

- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number

Don't have a car/motorcylce. I ride a unicycle.

- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital

Soi 6 corner bar.
Devil's Den
HIV Clinic @ Bangkok Hospital

- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner

Soi 6 Corner Bar -- Ask for the mamas an

- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas

Can't open a bank account!!!

Returned to Thailand 20 June via Don Muang airport - this form not seen.

First sentence: "Expats and foreigners in Pattaya are now being asked to complete the form, when they go to complete their 90 day report or extend their visas."

What is the difference between an 'Expat' and a Foreigner' ?

One means you not from here but you are working, the other just means you are not from here. Both unwelcome so not a lot really.

At Chaengwattana today for an exit permit. Their queue system had broken down and they were probably not having a good day.

Handed my papers over and the money, the women then stapled my call number to a piece of paper to be filled out. The notorious "Foreign National Information" form.

The doc is set up for a "recorder" to identify themself, and you the interrogated to fill in your part of the double sided form. Then you both sign off on the back page. No one was taking the "recorder" role today.

It is indeed invasive, although some parts are "Optional" and others are qualified but not clear why you would or wouldn't have to complete. In addition, since you're handed it cold, there's plenty of information requested that you might have somewhere but not on you.

So I filled it out in the leanest method possible, noted it required a signature, and while my call number was about to come up thought 'screw this'. Detached my call number stapled to the form, and went in when called to retrieve my passport back, with the form folded over in the other hand. Gave the call number, the woman behind the desk handed over the passport with the exit permit stamped in, and I wheeled around and left without leaving the Form in the tray on her desk. Nobody flinched and I walked out of the hall, tore up the form and trashed it. One of my better days at Chaengwattana!

So they're not forcing the issue right now. See how it's going in 90 days when the 90 day report is due.

I just come back from Jomtien for my 90 days:

- DONT FORGET TO BRING 1 PHOTO

- this 3 pages form is not a big deal, done in 5-10mn

- You have to do it ONCE, for the next 90 days notification you won't need to fill that form again

Spellforce,

I downloaded the pdf and it has (2) pages of requested information to be filled out.

You mention (3) pages.

I filled nothiing on the last 3rd page (only signed).

The 2 first pages I filled are the same as the .pdf

Mr

really can't see the problem here. Looked at form only thing they don't have from me now is social media bit. Someone will put a template up soon fill it in and photocopy it so your details are the same every time.

I think those who are saying no why should I or big brother rubish just may have something to hide.

frequently visited places ...

Suvarnabhumi Airport

Backstreet Books

Mae Salong

Mae Sah & Mae Tang Elephant Camps

Ratchapruek Horticultural Exposition

Doi Inthanon

Rimping Supermarket

TOPS supermarket

Mad Dog Bar & Restaurant

Duke's American Restaurant

Witherspoons Bar

Robins Nest Restaurant & Guesthouse

Koh Samet National Park

Hualumpong Railway Station

the helpful list just goes on and on ... and on and on

Doing my 90 day report in person tomorrow..

I have zero problem with providing this info..

Some of the things they're asking for, was already provided back in the States, with my

visa application..

If the want to know what social media sites I use, no problem..

Where I go.. No problem..

All they want to know.. No problem!!!

Sure and I doubt that anyone else has any great problem with providing that information either. But the question is why do they want it...and what will they do with it? They are not going to garner anything of consequence from where anyone eats, shops, travels. In any event all of that information is readily available thanks to the creepy intrusive snoops from Google and PayPal and their ilk.

The irksome thing about this form, reflected in the "catch them faster" comment, is the attitude behind it: that foreigners are troublesome and need to be watched. No doubt some are but this 'one size fits all' basket is just further evidence that the welcome mat is wearing a bit thin.

There is still enough riff-raff walking around spoiling it for the low profile farang. It's not that hard to behave in such a way that you don't pi$$ other people off and still have fun.

this information will be used to arrest a scape goat or anyone convenient that fits the info profile. . even if you did answer it wrong. just dont be at the wrong place at the wrong time. IF they arrest you for something silly and you happen to land in a secret detention center over an issue that was the policemans fault. ... expect a lengthy prison term. do you think being wrong is acceptable to thais?

a criminal will never fill correct info... why should you?

Please return the Farang to the Nana Hotel if found lost and in a confused state of mind.

this piece of stupidity happened ages ago. it was one fool talking above his pay grade

Archived