Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

The chances of them receiving any truthful information from me is ZIPPO

Then u will be reeled in and carted off to the monkey hse to spend 30 years alongside murderers an rapists.

Lets rephrase that. u will be reeled in and carted off to the monkey hse to spend 30 years alongside poor murderers & rapists, e-cigarette smokers and mushroom pickers. You will not be alongside hiso murderers, drunk drivers, etc

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

...yes , the ankle wear would be appropriate for ...more so Thailand , maybe...

The request for mother and father details is a very non western idea. It's common in the MENA region because Arabs south and Asian Muslims have so many different names which they use at differ times. Often to confirm your true identity in The ME you have to give your grandparents names and DOB. I am intrigued about listing the go go bars I hang out at

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother ....... foundling brought up in orphanage

- Full address and telephone numbers in home country ........................................... don't have a phone

- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand ............ don't have a phone

- Social media and email accounts (is optional) .................................................... don't have a phone

- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number ............................. don't have a car or m/c

- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital .................... I never visit anywhere twice

- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner ....................................... I don't know any Thais or foreigners

- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas ...... don't have a bank account

There you go, easy peasy.

Yup, you beat me to it! Don't use social media.. etc The way information goes "missing" so frequently I can't think I would be wanting to give these clowns my bank details!

just write the damn form n get the extension of stay ...

You do realise today's polite 'requests' for personal information lead to tomorrow's demands for even more? The more you give, the more they will want...

The chances of them receiving any truthful information from me is ZIPPO

So, you're declaring here in writing and publicly that you will give untrue information (aka "lie") to the Thai government? Smart move.

"This updated information will help us catch foreigners faster"

They're not too bright are they... they will only get accurate information from those of us who don't need 'catching'!

I do no social media. I only post on TV. If I was stupid enough to tell them that, and what I post, I would have been taken away a long time ago for attitude adjustment.

As for the bozo clowns that are running the nut house now, we really know what their attitude to foreigners is now ....

"easier to catch them."

Not find them, not help them, not take care, not be polite and welcoming. All out hell for leather "catch them".....For what ???

Just as the justice system works here. Foreigners are all guilty, and if not, only innocent until we trump up something.

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

Might have help the police identify that dead Scotchman sooner if he'd been wearing one. So these measures really are for the foreigners' benefit. ?

The Australian government knows your bank account number, why is this any different?

All fine and dandy, then. Hand your details out to whoever you see fit. What could possibly go wrong?

Since they asked everybody to register their sim card with passport or ID card last year, they already have all that information.

yes, they do. But they can't find it. So, they ask again...and again...and again...

Ever notice every form asks for your age as well as your birth date? Too lazy to make the mental subtraction. Bad form design. I'd like to know where the form number is. I was a sergeant in the Army, I know how bureaucracy works. No government approved form ever lacks a form number and the date of the version of the form. Therefore I conclude this is not an official form, just a form being used be a few Thai official for unclear reasons. Is there no press office for Immigration Police where an enterprising reporter could get some information about the enterprising Major General Chatchawan Wachirapaneekhun or Chachaval Vachirapaneegul, however he's spelling it this week? Why is he the only official quoted in the story?

Mate of mine filled it out at Jomtien today, said it was not selective, all people applying for extensions or doing a 90 day had to fill it in.

Guess I will find out next week on my 90 day.

Don't like the bank account bit, although they must have that due to me providing a letter from the bank for the extension.

The Australian government knows your bank account number, why is this any different?

All fine and dandy, then. Hand your details out to whoever you see fit. What could possibly go wrong?

The bank provides the information, as do most banks around the world

You guys are over paranoid - the only information out of the ordinary on that form is social media and places you often visit, just write no social media and I often go to 7/11, then take some valium beause you clearly need it

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother

Jack and Jill

- Full address and telephone numbers in home country

Salvation Army shelter Kings Cross

- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand

123 happy ?

- Social media and email accounts (is optional)

What is email sorry no have if I need please tell me where to buy

- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number

I use an elephant

- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital

Monkeyforest

- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner

Call ? the local monk

- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas

Was refused yo open account cause lack of funds

I took the opportunity of entering my own answers into your template, hope you don't mind.

biggrin.png

- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother ....... Oedipus, 3000BC, found abandoned on a mountain and raised by Shepherds called Nobby and Gladys. Dad dead. Wife looks familiar.
- Full address and telephone numbers in home country ........................................... 8-10 Broadway, London WC1H - +44-20-7230-1212 (Which just happens to be Scotland Yard)
- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and workplace in Thailand ............ A Tin and a piece of string, under the BTS Station at Nana, which serves as my office also.
- Social media and email accounts (is optional) .................................................... Accounts on Tinder, AdultHub, AdultFriendFinder.
- Make of car/motorcycle, model, colour, license plate number ............................. Williams FW38
- Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital .................... Darby and Joan, McDonalds, anywhere without CCTV.
- Emergency contact details for a Thai and foreigner ....................................... Pray to Allah.
- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas ...... I only barter in Eggs and small herbs gathered from the forest.

Mr

I do hope you all kick up a fuss and have a little paddy at immigration office. Hopefully when I'm there so when they tell you to take another number and wait or make your visit hell I can sit and laugh. Dear me children act as most of you are doing now.

Why not opt for tattoos? These would not get lost like a wristband or ankle bracelet. All visitors could be tattooed with their immigration number on each limb plus torso and face so that they could be readily identified from any body part that might be found after an accident or "heart attack".

whistling.gif

Once again nothing is clear and the purpose, "catching foreigners faster," is ludicrous and insulting. Exactly who are they trying to catch? A few months ago my wife and I decided to move back to the U.S. for awhile as soon as her visa comes through. It is time to take a break and see if things get sorted.

If somebody wants to give complete and truthful info, so be it. I for one value my privacy and nobody is getting any of my private info. And nobody can make me give it. Seriously, people are willing to give the thai govt their line and email? Do you trust them with it? If so , you are a complete fool!

Just finished setting up my s/o so I can do direct wire transfers from the usa when I need pocket money. Gonna close my Bangkok bank accts now. No issues then with the stupid US FBAR reporting either. I've had it with both of these police states. Going off the grid with all this crap they think is so f'ing important.

Archived