First results in UK's historic referendum on EU membership

webfact

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a bit depressing though for those of us living in Thailand, as the exchange rate has gone from 51 (point something) first thing this a.m., to 47 (point something) now.

London market's yet to open. Bloodbath.

Hopefully things will stabilise?

I'd be more worried in the medium term if I was reliant on Euro's.

True, but I'm reliant on sterling!

Anyway, I'm still happy if the vote is 'leave' - as I'm no longer so worried that it will result in further measures that hurt the working class. The working class have made it v clear that they are unhappy, and politicians are going to have to woo them back smile.png .

Its a bit depressing though for those of us living in Thailand, as the exchange rate has gone from 51 (point something) first thing this a.m., to 47 (point something) now.

It was 45 a couple of years ago. The GBP/EUR rate is where it was in May of this and the Dollar will just take the brunt of the knee-jerk reaction and speculation.

Nobody in their right mind was ever going to trade today for genuine commercial reasons.

It ain't going to stay like that forever

Whatever the outcome; I - non-European - have the strange feeling that the EU seems to be a failure either way; if you get such a tight vote it means that upto 50% are not happy with the outcome - irrespective of outcome.
Too close to comfort giggle.gif

Just the next 2-20 years (or until the THB takes a battering),

So Corbyn will call for Dave to resign. The late Jo Cox said Corbyn should step down if leave wins, for failing to galvanize the Labour voters.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

We will see, but I doubt it, I have some rope for all the doom and gloom mongers thumbsup.gif

Congratulations to Scotland, for the upcoming future. Freeeeeeedoooooommmmm!!!

I am genuinely happy for you. really. I would be worried now joining the EU. You and the other new nations of Albania et al can all fight to see what scraps are left. The Dutch and possibly France will be following. so really it will be another empire run by the Germans. Once again good luck as you are going to need it.

It was 45 a couple of years ago. The GBP/EUR rate is where it was in May of this and the Dollar will just take the brunt of the knee-jerk reaction and speculation.

Nobody in their right mind was ever going to trade today for genuine commercial reasons.

Yes, I remember it well.... TT rates were down to 44 odd IIRC.

The rate has now dropped to 46.5 - I hope it stabilises soon!

We will see, but I doubt it, I have some rope for all the doom and gloom mongers thumbsup.gif

Not doom & gloom (in fact it presents some good opportunities to make money in the markets) just the way I see it.

Congratulations to Scotland, for the upcoming future. Freeeeeeedoooooommmmm!!!

I am genuinely happy for you. really. I would be worried now joining the EU. You and the other new nations of Albania et al can all fight to see what scraps are left. The Dutch and possibly France will be following. so really it will be another empire run by the Germans. Once again good luck as you are going to need it.

Good on Scotland, now a vote to leave the UK ??????

No more free university places no more free perceptions when they join the EU, Awesome, I hope they can afford to do it if its what they want

If/When leave wins I think Cameron should stay and get on with sorting the country out, but he will need to work with and listen to the people and other MP's. Calling an election or resigning will be too much at this point in time

Archived