Jomtien Policemen Kidnap, Rape & Extortion Allegations – Two Officers Go On The Run

rooster59

Jomtien Policemen Kidnap, Rape & Extortion Allegations – Two Officers Go On The Run

by Albert Jack

post-247607-0-52503900-1466805206_thumb.

Mr. Chamnan Kongplie aka Mr. Aueng

PATTAYA: Two of the four arrested officers at the center of the Na Jomtien police station kidnap, rape and extortion allegations have gone on the run.

Despite an announcement, by arresting officers yesterday, that all four men had been refused bail and detained, it turns out that since they had denied all allegations the four of them were allowed to go home for the night instead. They were asked to return this morning for further interrogation at the Court House and to be placed in jail and, incredibly, two of them actually did.

The alleged rapist twenty-nine year old Kaneung Kesa and Pairoj Boonmee (46) both reported for further questioning this morning and arrest warrants have been issued for Chamnan Kongplien (43), also known as Aueng, who claimed to be the police chief and Apichat Fun Gumpeun aged 34. Their whereabouts is now unknown.

A statement confirmed that another two senior Sargent Majors at Na Jomtien Police Station, Thunkiat Sertdilok and Bundol Thongma, were also called in for questioning last night but claimed not to know anything about the allegations and so they too were allowed to go home for the evening. They must have forgotten about a polite request for them to return for further questioning & jail this morning because they failed to show up.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226037/jomtien-policemen-kidnap-rape-extortion-allegations-two-officers-go-run/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-25

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only in Thailand you're allowed to go home if you're a policemen charged with such serious allegations,

and only in Thailand, they're stupid enough to believe that if given half a chance, some if not all, will take

flight and disappear, now the police has to waste valuable time to go chasing them, would they learn anything

from it for the future? I doubt it very much.....

Will anyone supposedly handling this case be dealt with for this serious blunder ? Highly unlikely.

The whole issue is yet another blow the the BIB's ' good name and reputation '. cheesy.gif

I'm sorry, did they have a good name and reputation before this?

Will anyone supposedly handling this case be dealt with for this serious blunder ? Highly unlikely.

The whole issue is yet another blow the the BIB's ' good name and reputation '. cheesy.gif

Yes definitely, well according to a DPM who backed their right to sue for defamation. rolleyes.gif

Yes definitely, well according to a DPM who backed their right to sue for defamation. rolleyes.gif
Thanks! I just didn't know that???

Well thats a good laugh first thing in the morning!!!!

So do I even if it is (almost) unbelievable,but I am surprised those other two (4?) did not turn up------- they were asked "politely"--------- perhaps they should have been a trifle sterner cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Only in Thailand you're allowed to go home if you're a policemen charged with such serious allegations,

and only in Thailand, they're stupid enough to believe that if given half a chance, some if not all, will take

flight and disappear, now the police has to waste valuable time to go chasing them, would they learn anything

from it for the future? I doubt it very much.....

And so much for all the changes of ultimate police chief of the bigger Pattaya area, including at one stage (short lived) the younger brother of the previous national police chief.

Given the many problems in the police work in Pattaya, and the often displayed for all to see lack of credibility, lack of professionalism and doubts about honesty one would have thought these various new commanders would have, among other things, done some rapid assessments of credibility, honesty, commitment etc., and dismissed quite a few cops.

Dismissed for two reasons:

1. Because they are out not suitable, at all, for police work, many of them with previous shady activities.

2. To display to the remaining to toe the line and get real or your next for the cop.

Bring on total police reform now, from every aspect and at every level, and starting at the top.

the victims need to sue the city of Jomtien and the police station for damages, once it hurts the wallet, maybe actual policing becomes less frivolous (in a decade or two)

Good point, get a clever brave lawyer to sue them for dereliction of duty.

Are they the parents of the 4 kids who hacked a one legged man in front of a bakery? The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Amazing THAILAND justice. I understand we have some open space for guests like them in GITMO.

Instead of decrying the two suspect's actions, which, if true, is abhorrent, a much closer look should be taken at the actions of the person who allowed them to go home in the first place If they had been refused bail, as alleged, then by releasing them, one needs to see if this person is being complicit in the offence and/or, at the very least, has placed the victim in jeopardy through their apparent disregard for her safety through their foolish and reckless actions. Then again, nothing amazes me any more here in amazing Thailand, especially when it comes to law enforcement, the legal profession and their overall lack of the application of the law.

What a complete and utter farce!!!

Yesterday, today, tomorrow and the day after that. there will always be too many reasons to single out why so many different smiling faces, or what it's the hub of.

Despite an announcement, by arresting officers yesterday, that all four men had been refused bail and detained, it turns out that since they had denied all allegations the four of them were allowed to go home for the night instead.

You just can't make this up, and the sheeple that populate this country, keep accepting this.

The biggest barriers to a lawful society here in Thailand are the police and justice system.

Yes this is very true and please read on for another example:

My friend is serving 10 yrs in prison after police fabricated a story about her sex trafficking and benefiting from prostitution. She was only a cashier in a restaurant. No education, very vulnerable and trusted everyone. The cops asked her boss to pay a fine and he did not. The Boss was sentenced to 15 years. The 40 yr old judge did not have the understanding or experience to make a proper judgement and an innocent person is serving time for nothing. Police corruption and an improper justice system make Thai people and their families endure unbelievable hardship.

Archived