Jomtien Policemen Kidnap, Rape & Extortion Allegations – Two Officers Go On The Run

rooster59

These guys are not police they are criminals in police uniform

Indeed a lot of these 'policemen' seem good, almost expert at morphing into the kind of people they're suppose to protect from.

I've said it before and I'll say it again! Until you start giving police their uniforms and equipment, give them a decent training programme, give them promotions on experience and merit, and most important of all, a decent wage to live on, then you will attract the type of scum that these 4 appear to have morphed into, And as for arrested and refused bail, and then being allowed to go home for the night - well, that says it all about the people who "protect and serve"

You have a good point there ...but you know what ...I would argue that what you suggest would not work out the way that you are implying or stating.

Unfortunately all too many of the people that are in the police force are somewhat deviate in the first place and a higher wage, even a really high wage. would not stop most of them from being corrupted.

The only way to find out is to try what you and everyone has suggested many times before in the believe that a high wage would stop the corruption.

I argue it would not and after living here for 28 years now and all that I do know and all that I have seen I figure the mentality of the people is such that corrupt practices will never ever go away rather all too many police officers would simply see that money as bonus money while any corrupt practices and money flowing into their hands that they are presently involved with will simply continue.

Say a wage of 50,000 baht to 100,000 baht was given to them depending on their rank.

You would think that would suffice and it would for many...but that amount is chump change compared to what many of the low life officers know they can make while we have witnessed that a surprising number of them have amassed fortunes in the hundreds of millions of dollars while 10 to 20 million dollars is not uncommon amongst the higher ranking police officials that really turn aggressive and really greedy and milk their positions for all that the positions are worth.

In the Philippines, President elect Rody Duterte , recently announced that one of his first official acts of legislation will be reforms for the police forces in the Philippines while he stated he will pay them all a surprisingly high wage in the belief they will not need to be corrupt if they are paid very well.

It may work and I hope it does but tell me why I doubt it will when the police in the Philippines are just as corrupt as the police in Thailand while it is all about the power and money while 2,000 dollars a month equivalent wages is not going to stop them from capitalizing on lucrative but corrupt practices that can gain them hundreds of thousands of dollars and often enough millions of dollars to be realized.

The street level officers will clean up their acts to a varying degree but they will continue turning a blind eye to the corruption practiced by their higher ranking officials that are connected with and tied into all kinds of illegitimate money making enterprises that pay far, far more than say 100,000 baht per month.

If anything the higher wages paid to the lower ranking officers will simply relieve the high ranking officers from having to share the illegal proceeds with their subordinates.

Cheers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close No Man's Land and you will nab these Two, a few thousand more wanted by The Law,and end 70% of slave trafficking and drugs influx into Thailand. When will the so called 'messiah of Thailand' take his army to eradicate this corruption? No immigration head's word can be taken as truth it must be proven as such.

Indeed a lot of these 'policemen' seem good, almost expert at morphing into the kind of people they're suppose to protect from.

I've said it before and I'll say it again! Until you start giving police their uniforms and equipment, give them a decent training programme, give them promotions on experience and merit, and most important of all, a decent wage to live on, then you will attract the type of scum that these 4 appear to have morphed into, And as for arrested and refused bail, and then being allowed to go home for the night - well, that says it all about the people who "protect and serve"

You have a good point there ...but you know what ...I would argue that what you suggest would not work out the way that you are implying or stating.

Unfortunately all too many of the people that are in the police force are somewhat deviate in the first place and a higher wage, even a really high wage. would not stop most of them from being corrupted.

The only way to find out is to try what you and everyone has suggested many times before in the believe that a high wage would stop the corruption.

I argue it would not and after living here for 28 years now and all that I do know and all that I have seen I figure the mentality of the people is such that corrupt practices will never ever go away rather all too many police officers would simply see that money as bonus money while any corrupt practices and money flowing into their hands that they are presently involved with will simply continue.

Say a wage of 50,000 baht to 100,000 baht was given to them depending on their rank.

You would think that would suffice and it would for many...but that amount is chump change compared to what many of the low life officers know they can make while we have witnessed that a surprising number of them have amassed fortunes in the hundreds of millions of dollars while 10 to 20 million dollars is not uncommon amongst the higher ranking police officials that really turn aggressive and really greedy and milk their positions for all that the positions are worth.

In the Philippines, President elect Rody Duterte , recently announced that one of his first official acts of legislation will be reforms for the police forces in the Philippines while he stated he will pay them all a surprisingly high wage in the belief they will not need to be corrupt if they are paid very well.

It may work and I hope it does but tell me why I doubt it will when the police in the Philippines are just as corrupt as the police in Thailand while it is all about the power and money while 2,000 dollars a month equivalent wages is not going to stop them from capitalizing on lucrative but corrupt practices that can gain them hundreds of thousands of dollars and often enough millions of dollars to be realized.

The street level officers will clean up their acts to a varying degree but they will continue turning a blind eye to the corruption practiced by their higher ranking officials that are connected with and tied into all kinds of illegitimate money making enterprises that pay far, far more than say 100,000 baht per month.

If anything the higher wages paid to the lower ranking officers will simply relieve the high ranking officers from having to share the illegal proceeds with their subordinates.

Cheers

Nicely written post, and you and I are actually repeating what has been said many times before, so why go over old ground, people may ask?

For the simple reason that unless we do, the problem is never likely to be solved, and I do agree with many of your points, especially the part that corruption will continue in spite of increased wages. I am not saying that increased wages will solve the problem of corruption in all its forms, only that a better wage and consequently a better standard of living would be more likely to attract more suitable applicants.

For instance, I can't think of anywhere else in the world where a policeman has to buy his own uniform and motor bike (or gun if applicable, because in the West, you have to undergo quite strict training before you are allowed a licence to carry firearms) Here, however, probably not because it seems that almost every Thai male seems to carry some kind of weapon.

Your final sentence opens up an interesting new area. Some people advocate a "clean out" from the top downwards. I disagree, because those at the top are not likely to change their "working arrangements" for obvious reasons. However, those at the bottom, who are now on higher wages, but not getting a share of the illegal spoils from their superiors may just possibly be the ones to work their way up the tree by results and experience rather than living on backhanders from above? Naive? Maybe, but it's a scenario worth considering!

Despite an announcement, by arresting officers yesterday, that all four men had been refused bail and detained, it turns out that since they had denied all allegations the four of them were allowed to go home for the night instead.

cheesy.gif

Thanks - I was just going to do that!

The penalties for kidnap, rape and extortion in Thailand is being sentenced to spend a night at home with the family, having a few beers and putting the feet up in front of the telly.

In inhumane I tell you, well over top for such a trivial crime.

Would any Thai Police pass a lie detector test? Doubtful.

Also very doubtful these guys will end up behind bars. They are in the "club' and know too much.

Only in Thailand you're allowed to go home if you're a policemen charged with such serious allegations,

and only in Thailand, they're stupid enough to believe that if given half a chance, some if not all, will take

flight and disappear, now the police has to waste valuable time to go chasing them, would they learn anything

from it for the future? I doubt it very much.....

Do you think the police will waste time trying to track them down ??? These are their own.

I really admire the Thai police. Just when you think this

band of thieves cannot sink any lower, in fact they do....

I think they should be kept around just for entertainment

value, as they clearly do not possess any law enforcement

skills....

Archived