Cant reply using Firefox

johng

every time I try to reply to a topic using Firefox 47.0

I get this error

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Using the mobile app or internet explorer have no problems replying and firefox can read all other pages just cant reply

Whats wrong ????

Odd.

I have no idea what's wrong with your system, all I can say is that FF 47.0 works fine for me, this post was made using it.

Try disabling your add-ons, if the problem goes away enable them one by one until it returns.

Odd.

I have no idea what's wrong with your system, all I can say is that FF 47.0 works fine for me, this post was made using it.

Try disabling your add-ons, if the problem goes away enable them one by one until it returns.

+1. I use Firefox 47 as my main browser and I don't have any problems, replying.

How to disable your add-ons ?

http://www.wikihow.com/Start-Firefox-in-Safe-Mode

Ps: However I have seen that error many times and (for me) mostly it had something to do with the Internet, a Router reboot usually solved it for me, but disabling add-ons is the 1st thing you should try

Thanks for the replies, I've obviously messed something up in Firefox...it worked until very recently.

Tried restarting in safe mode makes no difference

Will try a fresh Firefox installation and report back

Meanwhile, I'm not able to use the quote function in FF, Chrome, or MS Edge today. On either my Win7 nor my Win10 computers.

The author of each quote in the nest doesn't show up at all, and when I delete the innermost quote in the nest, they all get deleted except the most recent- which still doesn't have the author's name.

So I tried it on FF and MS Edge in addition to my default Chrome (on Win10). Same on all 3. Same with my Win7 computer.

Meanwhile, I'm not able to use the quote function in FF, Chrome, or MS Edge today. On either my Win7 nor my Win10 computers.

Test with Firefox 47.

Strangely, it's working now in Chrome. (Assuming this post with quotes comes through okay)

Test with Firefox 47.

Strangely, it's working now in Chrome. (Assuming this post with quotes comes through okay)

Yep, looks oke to me ;)

I have a similar problem with the Edge browser in win 10,I can reply to any post with type and quote but if I add a "smiley" the reply text gets deleted and just a blank page is shown,not just on TVF but a couple of local Pattaya forums.

I gave up with FF on this pc as it suddenly stopped showing my MSN homepage but I blame windows 10 as there must be a glitch in the 64 bit version that runs on this pc as my notebook with the 32 bit version is fine.

Thanks for the replies, I've obviously messed something up in Firefox...it worked until very recently.

Tried restarting in safe mode makes no difference

Will try a fresh Firefox installation and report back

trying with Opera for windows .... yes that works

tried with Firefox new install on windows and Ice weasel on Debian both get the timeout error

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, johng said:

I'm pretty sure it will work for you MJCM   I'm just trying various browsers and fiddling with things to see what works for me

so far only Opera works 100% for me

I have now checked Firefox (my daily browser) and Chrome and both work oke for me.

There must be something particular about your setup, that Chrome and FF don't work for you.

Are there any problems you have (on TV) with these 2  browsers (except quoting ?)

As far as I can see everything works with Firefox  except the quoting  

posting this with Opera  as I couldn't quote the error messeges    :lol:    something is very screwed up !

the continued site  update keeps throwing up errors to

earlier today I was getting these database errors dont know if they are relevent or not

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:1959 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::real_es...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 1959, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(1959): mysqli->real_escape_string('cacheKeys') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(89): IPS\_Db->in('store_key', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(105): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->loadIntoMemory(Array) #4 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(152): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->get('cacheKeys') #5 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/AbstractData.php(121): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->exists('cacheKeys') #6 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(188): IPS\Data\_AbstractData->__isset('cacheKeys') #7 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(179): IPS\Data\_Sto in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 1959 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:385 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::prepare...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 385, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(385): mysqli->prepare('/*IPS\\Session\\_...') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(688): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Session/Front.php(300): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sessions', Array, true) #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Front->write('khljurganjou9m1...', '') #5 {main} thrown in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 385

The error message you see everyone was getting that.

But read this message from TD

1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

Since 11am this morning we have made some changes to the site, as of now all plugins have been disabled. This seems to have brought the site more stable whilst the indexing continues.

TD 

And since 11am (or so) I haven't seen that error again.

But anyhow it shouldn't interfere with quoting. I am writing this and quoting via Firefox, so there must be something wrong in the settings in your PC.

Have you tried FF with all addons disabled ? Which is available under Help - Restart with Add-ons disabled

Archived