Cant reply using Firefox

johng

Tried cc cleaner clearing caches

removed user.js  

Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/uyvih21x.default/user.js.        funmoods crap

firefox safe mode

update to firefox 48

Ran super antispyware and spybot search and destroy   only tracking cookies found

still cant quote...I'm stumped    I could understand some malware on  1 device stopping things working

but I boot into Debian and try Iceweasel ( firefox derivative )  cant quote

firefox on my Android phone  can't quote

One last thing I haven't tried is to use 3g android firefox    to rule out the modem and router.

Firefox android 3g

4 minutes ago, johng said:

Tried cc cleaner clearing caches

removed user.js  

Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/uyvih21x.default/user.js.        funmoods crap

firefox safe mode

update to firefox 48

Ran super antispyware and spybot search and destroy   only tracking cookies found

still cant quote...I'm stumped    I could understand some malware on  1 device stopping things working

but I boot into Debian and try Iceweasel ( firefox derivative )  cant quote

firefox on my Android phone  can't quote

One last thing I haven't tried is to use 3g android firefox    to rule out the modem and router.

Most people already would have given up

I'm just intrigued  as to why it suddenly stopped working

looks like something in my modem or router is stopping  only  firefox from fully functioning on Thaivisa

this  kind of makes sense as I had  modem problems after a lightning storm  just before this problem started.

Just now, johng said:

Changed MTU  settings and messed with LAN connection settings

Hey its working !!!!!!!!!!!!

set MTU to  1470      IEEE802.1P  support  ( whatever that is )  enabled on ethernet adaptor

Just now, johng said:

user agent back to firefox

Very strange that changing MTU to something else then standard prohibits Firefox to do something on a Website.

Did you experience any other strange behavior on other websites ?

9 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Did you experience any other strange behavior on other websites ?

Thaivisa is the really the only  forum I  regularly post to     most other sites I  just read  and haven't noticed anything sqiffy with them   I could/can  login to Gmail  my wife can login to Facebook etc.

Just now I tried  Thaivisa firefox  on my android phone ( WIFI ) and can't login  get the same "connection was reset error"

can read ok but not login !

Stupid question (sorry after all this time and you trying everything all ready) replace your router and see what it brings.

Believe it or not, I have in total 4 routers

- Router supplied by TOT (never used)

- 2x ASUS Routers (where on sale at my local hardware store and are oke)

- And my Main Router is Fortinet FWF30D  (http://www.avfirewalls.com/FortiWiFi-30D.asp)

So in case TOT tells me it's your router (when my Internet is down AGAIN)  I tell them "I have 4 and tried them all" and that usually shuts them up :D

On 17/08/2016 at 6:32 PM, MJCM said:

Stupid question (sorry after all this time and you trying everything all ready) replace your router and see what it brings.

I wrote quite a long reply about that    but when I pressed  "submit reply" button...guess what happened..

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/695

For PPPoE, your MaxMTU should be no more than 1492 to allow space for the 8 byte PPPoE "wrapper," but again, experiment to find the optimal value. For PPPoE, the stakes are high: if you get your MTU wrong, you may not just be sub-optimal, things like UPLOADING or web pages may stall or not work at all!

12 hours ago, lungbing said:

I've given up on Firefox for just this reason

After lots of trying things that did not work..I finally tried using Firefox with a 3G mobile connection instead of my home TOT ADSL.. worked fine.....so this told me that firefox was working ok and that it was something on my modem/router

Eventually  I set the MTU  in my PC and modem  ( bridge mode ) to 1500   and the router which handles the PPPoE to 1492

and everything  Thaivisa/firefox now works    why other browsers worked and only firefox was effected is a mystery.

Archived