BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inspire

Will all Thais be fat in ten years’ time?

I see people everyday that are forty pounds over weight and I think that's sad and feel so sorry for them.

I'm only thirty pounds over weight.

I see people everyday that are forty pounds over weight and I think that's sad and feel so sorry for them.

I'm only thirty pounds over weight.

clap2.gifclap2.gif

Technology, my friends may be the culprit for obesity. If we are still employed in physical work, more and more electronic and mechanical devices take on our physical labor. Many, if not most jobs totally rely on technology to complete tasking. Those who think they use their minds to do their work, do so with considerable technological assistance; you don’t even have to sharpen your pencil, fill your pen, turn pages, or go to a library.

Children are no longer physical in their play. They no longer play outside hours every day. They do not even get up and down to change the TV channel; or walk to school or the store, or cut the grass with a push mower. For many, play amounts to sitting in an armchair with a video control in your hands.

Our food is a double-edged cut. With all the fast-foods, pre-packaged foods, instant this and microwavable that, we not have to cook our meals or turn-on/light-up the stove, prepare and cook the food, or wash the dishes and clean-up by hand afterward. Whether you are eating out or taking it home, your foods are likely to be cooked elsewhere by persons unknown, packaged in throw-away containers, and be more fatty and less healthy than your previous fare.

People simply do not live, work, eat, sleep or play physically anymore—sure, some people exercise and/or play sports. However, those physical activities pale in comparison to the increase in labor savings devices, mechanized transport, electronic entertainment, and an abundance of available fatty foods and drinks.

I am about the only one of my Farang mates who is not over weight, I am partial to drinking milk and have two or three biscuits every night, but go riding and to the exercise park five days a week for nonstop

exercise for about 45 mins, and never drink alcohol.

I am about the only one of my Farang mates who is not over weight, I am partial to drinking milk and have two or three biscuits every night, but go riding and to the exercise park five days a week for nonstop

And I missed going to the gym today, never mind that's only 2454 days in a row.

Oh well, will try again tomorrow.

At least I am not having 2 or 3 biscuits a night.

All Thais....except the ones with a hypothyroid disorder....

1 in10 is diabetic!

27 % of students at a bigger school in Ubon R. 2012 were too fat.....

And I missed going to the gym today, never mind that's only 2454 days in a row.

Oh well, will try again tomorrow.

At least I am not having 2 or 3 biscuits a night.

Surely that would be better than drinking alcohol every night as many do.

Main causes: sugar-saturation in goodies, more money to eat more fried crap, internet causing distractions from activities.

Siam Commercial Bank advert from December 2012

Many of the guys i know have kids from 2-10 years that will almost explode.

Fyck all that the most important question is who is the bird pictured in the OP.

Thank 7/11.....

They're everywhere in the country with their chips, 5-10 baht cookies & unhealthy snacks.....They're entrenching themselves in areas long before the McD's & BK's, etc....

They are the convenient trailblazers & pace setters.......

The flag bearers for the obesity brigade.....

And new 7-11 store opens around the world every 2 hours !!!