Dutch woman dies after jumping from Chiang Mai hotel

rooster59

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any update on this? Surely there must have been some kind of autopsy / forensic report (in Netherlands, not Thailand where they just make stuff up). Thanks for any solid info.

All I know for sure is Ms. Kuus' condition hasn't improved.

People asking why the lady took her bra and shoes off need to understand that you are not thinking rationally at the point you decide to commit suicide,you are suffering from severe mental illness at this time so do not expect any rational behaviour.
I had a friend that did the same nearly 8 years ago to the day,also from a car park but the fourth floor and not the fifth.He made sure he went head first,the Police told his Mother not to look at what was left of him!
R.I.P. to this poor young lady,I hope she is at peace now.

it does seem odd that she left the backpack on. why would she remove her undergarments yet leave the backpack on and then jump?

2 people that saw her in the morgue claim she had bruising consistent with assault. Her body is already in Holland and I'll update with autopsy results to confirm if she was physically assaulted. Again, my suspicion was there was a rape attempt (which is how the under wear came off) and she was either thrown or jumped. I asked her friend around how long was she actually alone in the car park but she did not know. Also, the hotel's CCTV don't show that area of the parking.

I personally feel the police do not want to ever say murder as it could scare people so they say suicide and try to find arguments to support this claim.

Or bruising consistent with falling 5 floors maybe?

it does seem odd that she left the backpack on. why would she remove her undergarments yet leave the backpack on and then jump?

2 people that saw her in the morgue claim she had bruising consistent with assault. Her body is already in Holland and I'll update with autopsy results to confirm if she was physically assaulted. Again, my suspicion was there was a rape attempt (which is how the under wear came off) and she was either thrown or jumped. I asked her friend around how long was she actually alone in the car park but she did not know. Also, the hotel's CCTV don't show that area of the parking.

I personally feel the police do not want to ever say murder as it could scare people so they say suicide and try to find arguments to support this claim.

Or bruising consistent with falling 5 floors maybe?

If a person jumps or is pushed to fall 5 floors, they're going to have one big injury.

If that person has other lesser injuries, then that would indicate assault. For example; fingernail marks, hair pulled out, punch marks (most likely on face), bruises on her groin or breasts, ......and a bunch of other possibilities.

If Chiang Mai police have worries about tourist image, they should put those aside and instead do an adept and professional and thorough investigation. There must be some CC footage which might shed some light on what really happened. Let's hope the cops don't do a 'Ko Tao' and hide evidence.

Archived