New Ratchaburi Immigration Office

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/13/2016 at 7:37 AM, Mango Bob said:

I just went to have my one year extension down and found out about it. Good news 90 km one way is a pain but only did it once a year. The new office is just about 5 km from my house and very easy to get to.

I have only just found this great not to have to travel long way any more  found it by accident  to  . Didn't think there were others here in ratchaburi 

• 4 months later...

This is not a Thai/Immi bash. This is for information to anybody doing their extension in the near future.

I went in to do mine today . There are new faces behind the desks , no familiar old ones.

Took what I thought were all relevant docs. what I have used for the last few years.

Copy of all passport pages , front and relevant extension pages . TM7. plus photo . Bank letter and a copy of main and last page of the bank book ( covered 5 months ). 

In my passport I had my TM30 receipt for 2016 . The last Two years I have filled in a new TM30 but on submission was told " if you are at the same address , a new one is not needed " Today I was asked " why I had not filed a TM30 for the last 2 years and did I know it was a fineable offence " I asked them what I could do if an immigration officer refuses a document , i cannot tell him he is wrong to do so .

I had already prepared a new TM30 , but this time to go with the TM30 they wanted all my passport pages with yearly extensions on photocopied.

As luck would have it there is a photocopiers down the stairs, out the door , turn right and 4 shops down.

Went back , was given Two new forms to fill in that I have never seen before .

One is a declaration stating I am aware of the penalties that can incur should I overstay my extension , this I had to sign.

The other one is asking for permission ( cannot remember name ) to apply for an extension on my visa and for what purpose . ( I thought that was what the TM7 did ) but you live and learn. signed and returned to them.

They then give my Mrs. back the receipt for the TM30 that I have to keep in my passport , but they wanted a copy. so she had to trek back to the photocopy shop and return it to the I.O.

My 90 day is up late December , and I also have to return on the 4th Feb. 2020 with a bank letter and statement showing I have not dropped below the 800,000 baht mark from today till then.

On leaving they told me that next year I have to show a full years account statement along with the letter from the bank .

Regarding the TM30 rule , there is a sign in Thai saying  , " you do not have to report back to the office to register unless you leave Thailand " 

Edited by NE1

18 minutes ago, NE1 said:

This is not a Thai/Immi bash. This is for information to anybody doing their extension in the near future.

I went in to do mine today . There are new faces behind the desks , no familiar old ones.

Took what I thought were all relevant docs. what I have used for the last few years.

Copy of all passport pages , front and relevant extension pages . TM7. plus photo . Bank letter and a copy of main and last page of the bank book ( covered 5 months ). 

In my passport I had my TM30 receipt for 2016 . The last Two years I have filled in a new TM30 but on submission was told " if you are at the same address , a new one is not needed " Today I was asked " why I had not filed a TM30 for the last 2 years and did I know it was a fineable offence " I asked them what I could do if an immigration officer refuses a document , i cannot tell him he is wrong to do so .

I had already prepared a new TM30 , but this time to go with the TM30 they wanted all my passport pages with yearly extensions on photocopied.

As luck would have it there is a photocopiers down the stairs, out the door , turn right and 4 shops down.

Went back , was given Two new forms to fill in that I have never seen before .

One is a declaration stating I am aware of the penalties that can incur should I overstay my extension , this I had to sign.

The other one is asking for permission ( cannot remember name ) to apply for an extension on my visa and for what purpose . ( I thought that was what the TM7 did ) but you live and learn. signed and returned to them.

They then give my Mrs. back the receipt for the TM30 that I have to keep in my passport , but they wanted a copy. so she had to trek back to the photocopy shop and return it to the I.O.

My 90 day is up late December , and I also have to return on the 4th Feb. 2020 with a bank letter and statement showing I have not dropped below the 800,000 baht mark from today till then.

On leaving they told me that next year I have to show a full years account statement along with the letter from the bank .

Regarding the TM30 rule , there is a sign in Thai saying  , " you do not have to report back to the office to register unless you leave Thailand " 

Thanks for this. Useful info!

Was dealt with by a "new" woman officer, sat where that helpful man with glasses used to sit, back in July when I had to return to prove my 800k was still in the bank 3 months after extending stay. She seemed quite bossy.

12 minutes ago, Dah fahrang said:

Thanks for this. Useful info!

Was dealt with by a "new" woman officer, sat where that helpful man with glasses used to sit, back in July when I had to return to prove my 800k was still in the bank 3 months after extending stay. She seemed quite bossy.

She is the the boss.  The only one there now that speaks a little English.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody done a 90 day report there recently. 

I was just wondering if they are asking for anything out of the ordinary .

Last time I went , I just had to fill out the T47 and copy the main page of passport.

I don't know if the new regime has any more surprises.

Edited by NE1

23 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Has anybody done a 90 day report there recently. 

I was just wondering if they are asking for anything out of the ordinary .

Last time I went , I just had to fill out the T47 and copy the main page of passport.

I don't know if the new regime has any more surprises.

Online reporting seems to be working well (now) at that office. I complained (in person) two reports back about it not working. Guy who does the 90 day reports apologised, found my on-line report and printed out receipt. Said "next time, OK". It was. The last time I reported, end of Oct, did on line, acceptance confirmation came back within four days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks NE1

I just tried and it says it can't find my arrival information. 

I arrived in Ban Phu Nam Ron (Kanchanaburi) back in April of 2014.  Could they have messed up or not filed my TM6? I wonder.

I'm hoping to avoid the 35km trip to Ratchaburi.

30 minutes ago, enuff said said:

I arrived in Ban Phu Nam Ron (Kanchanaburi) back in April of 2014.  Could they have messed up or not filed my TM6? I wonder.

Have you gotten a new passport since then? 

When online reporting started they said an entry prior to 2013 would not have a record. I wonder if is possible that have changed that cut off date.

There is a new regime in at Ratchaburi , some paperwork requirements have altered.....See my earlier post.

Maybe they just want to see faces ,  get extra papers signed and explain new procedures before they allow you to do the online report.

7 hours ago, enuff said said:

Happy New Year!

Has anyone used the AP to do 90 day reporting at this office?

Just wondering.

Just this morning, 2 January, online, using a Mac with firefox!

Accepted, no problems, application status showing "pending" with barcode reference.

Will post again when (and if) status changes to "accepted"

19 minutes ago, NE1 said:

There is a new regime in at Ratchaburi , some paperwork requirements have altered.....See my earlier post.

Maybe they just want to see faces ,  get extra papers signed and explain new procedures before they allow you to do the online report.

A immigration office cannot block a person from doing a online report application. They can only approve, disapprove it or do nothing that causes it to remain in the pending status after they receive it.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A immigration office cannot block a person from doing a online report application. They can only approve, disapprove it or do nothing that causes it to remain in the pending status after they receive it.

Maybe they are not blocking him , maybe there is a possibility they sent him the " it can't find my arrival information " so he comes into the office and they can see a face to the name etc.............. New Regime and all that.

Edited by NE1

16 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Maybe they are not blocking him , maybe there is a possibility they sent him the " it can't find my arrival information " so he comes into the office and they can see a face to the name etc.............. New Regime and all that.

That is notice came up as soon as he submitted the first page of the application. Offices can only send out a email after they get the application.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you gotten a new passport since then? 

When online reporting started they said an entry prior to 2013 would not have a record. I wonder if is possible that have changed that cut off date.

Yeah... new passport but I have been asked to fill out a tm47 a couple times and have been issued the bar-code receipt with the new pp number on it.  My friend thinks I should go out and reenter again.

Happy New Year UJ!  You are a wonderful man! A great example to us all.

3 hours ago, enuff said said:

Yeah... new passport but I have been asked to fill out a tm47 a couple times and have been issued the bar-code receipt with the new pp number on it.  My friend thinks I should go out and reenter again.

You will have to leave and re-enter the country using your new passport. You have no record in the database the online reporting system checks. I was advised by immigration that is what I would have to do to use online reporting.

4 hours ago, enuff said said:

Happy New Year UJ!  You are a wonderful man! A great example to us all.

I recommend you go and see them at Ratchaburi.  I had my new passport and talked to the guy who does the 90 days report here he said give me a few minutes and he came back with my 90 day report and my new passport number on it.  

3 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

I recommend you go and see them at Ratchaburi.  I had my new passport and talked to the guy who does the 90 days report here he said give me a few minutes and he came back with my 90 day report and my new passport number on it.  

A immigration office cannot do anything related to online 90 day reporting other than approve or disapprove the application for one.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to leave and re-enter the country using your new passport. You have no record in the database the online reporting system checks. I was advised by immigration that is what I would have to do to use online reporting.

So re-entry permit, trip to Ban Pu Nam Ron, out and in by van = new tm6 w/ new pp number.

hope it works!

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A immigration office cannot do anything related to online 90 day reporting other than approve or disapprove the application for one.

I know what they did Joe.  I gave them my 90 day report with the old passport number and he returned with that same 90 day report with my new passport number.

6 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

I know what they did Joe.  I gave them my 90 day report with the old passport number and he returned with that same 90 day report with my new passport number.

That would only be to do reports in person or by mail. All they did was update their local system for 90 day reporting.

Been doing reports in person for years at my local office since I got a new passport but still cannot do them online.

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would only be to do reports in person or by mail. All they did was update their local system for 90 day reporting.

Been doing reports in person for years at my local office since I got a new passport but still cannot do them online.

I did my report three weeks prior to that using my old passport.  When I got my new passport I went in and got the stamp.  I then when to the 90 day report person and told him about having a new passport and he took my last 90 day report done three week prior and change the passport number on the report.

Edited by Mango Bob

On 1/2/2020 at 12:10 PM, Dah fahrang said:

Just this morning, 2 January, online, using a Mac with firefox!

Accepted, no problems, application status showing "pending" with barcode reference.

Will post again when (and if) status changes to "accepted"

Received e-mail yesterday at 16:32. 

Notification 90 days is approved....

24 hour turnaround!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 3:44 PM, Dah fahrang said:

I had to return to prove my 800k was still in the bank 3 months after extending stay

Did they require another letter from the bank , Bank statement ,  copies of passport or passport pages ?

On 1/3/2020 at 12:39 PM, Mango Bob said:

I did my report three weeks prior to that using my old passport.  When I got my new passport I went in and got the stamp.  I then when to the 90 day report person and told him about having a new passport and he took my last 90 day report done three week prior and change the passport number on the report.

I bet Joe is correct.  They can update their local record but it doesn't change the info used by the online system.