Jump to content

What are you eating? (food porn)


Recommended Posts

Had a Burger King XT burger last month. The one with the fried onions is fantastic. Best franchised burger I've ever eaten. McDonald's, forget it.
 
Going to Chon Buri this weekend, might treat myself again [emoji2].
About best franchise...
Have you ever tried Texas fried chicken here?
I have and since then I refuse to eat chicken from KFC.
TFC ways better and really delicious
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ham, home cured, cooked and thinly sliced), quiche, pineapple unsidedown cake, irish soda bread with raisnins , rare steak and on and on. All made with local ingredients except the steak which was a

So far this week. Greek style pork chops, marinaded and cooked over charcoal. Followed the next day by a rather large pile of calamari fritti. Delicious. Rib chops were large and around 85 baht e

For tonight we have a lovely piece of corned silverside.  Salt beef as it's known in the UK was always a family favourite when I was a boy. Hard to beat a good old fashioned boiled dinner with hot Eng

Posted Images

Just now, CLW said:

About best franchise...
Have you ever tried Texas fried chicken here?
I have and since then I refuse to eat chicken from KFC.
TFC ways better and really delicious

 

Never seen or heard about Texas fried chicken, but I never needed and excuse to refuse eating KFC crap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, grollies said:

@vogie I've cured bacon three times, once using a dry rub, second time a wet cure and third time back to dry rub. I found the dry rub best but I'm struggling with the right cut of meat. I've used belly pork type cut previously.

 

I dry cure with salt, ground pepper, honey and, tried once, celery (for preservative properties).

 

Last time the bacon cooked a bit hard and salty. Soak well after dry cure maybe....? 24 hours...?

 

What cut do you use and do you order it especially if not a standard cut? I have a pork supplier who can give me different cuts of meat maybe.

 

Yours must be good if you've invested in a slicer.

Never tried dry cure, but wet cure is so easy, I use a very basic recipe, can cure it for up to 10 days. The slicer was about 4000baht, it's not as efficient as the ones the pro's use, the blade turns quite slowly, so the bacon has to be put in the freezer for about 1 -1.5 hours before slicing, just so the meat is hardish on the outside but not frozen for ease of slicing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vogie said:

Never tried dry cure, but wet cure is so easy, I use a very basic recipe, can cure it for up to 10 days. The slicer was about 4000baht, it's not as efficient as the ones the pro's use, the blade turns quite slowly, so the bacon has to be put in the freezer for about 1 -1.5 hours before slicing, just so the meat is hardish on the outside but not frozen for ease of slicing.

Ooooohhh, you're not giving much away there vogie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CLW said:

About best franchise...
Have you ever tried Texas fried chicken here?
I have and since then I refuse to eat chicken from KFC.
TFC ways better and really delicious

KFC, Chesters, TFC, 5 Star, keep 'em all. My missus does the best fried chicken ever, hands down beats them all.

 

Now I need to perfect my burger bun and my life is complete (apart from the bacon @vogie).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicken burger:

 

Toasted bun

Mayo

Ketchup

Mustard (English)

Crispy chicken

Lettuce

Tomato

Cheese (the crap American plastic cheese)

Bacon (crispy @vogie!!!!! - I ain't gonna leave you alone 'till you come across with your recipe :angry:).

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, grollies said:

Chicken burger:

 

Toasted bun

Mayo

Ketchup

Mustard (English)

Crispy chicken

Lettuce

Tomato

Cheese (the crap American plastic cheese)

Bacon (crispy @vogie!!!!! - I ain't gonna leave you alone 'till you come across with your recipe :angry:).

 

Ah, I get it now. 1 cup salt, 1 cup sugar and and 1 teaspoon of curing salt, 2 litres of water or 3 if you wish. I told you it was simple, it still tastes delicious.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vogie said:

I cannot, you have only 5 dots?. What do you want to know?

Arghh....but....you know what is funny? When I just checked your profile (you 6-dotter you), the top Google ad was for depression :smile:. That was me until I read your post above.

Edited by grollies
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Ah, I get it now. 1 cup salt, 1 cup sugar and and 1 teaspoon of curing salt, 2 litres of water or 3 if you wish. I told you it was simple, it still tastes delicious.

OK, thanks, so where do you get your curing salt and what cut do you use?.....please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grollies said:

Arghh....but....you know what is funny? When I just checked your profile (you 6-dotter you), the top Google ad was for depression :smile:. That was me until I read your post below.

I will really depress you now, I make my own breadcakes too, the only thing I don't do is lay my own eggs. Bacon and egg sandwich every morning, you only live once. Here's the breadcakes.

 

20170120_134003.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grollies said:

OK, thanks, so where do you get your curing salt and what cut do you use?.....please.

I found the supplier for the curing salts on ThaiVisa, Thai Artisan Foods [email protected].

As for the cut I go to the market and the lady has wrapped pork in her fridge, about 1kg. I am going down tomorrow to get a couple of more joints, I will be more exact tomorrow, I think it's back, but don't quote me. I will take a photo of the joint and repost tomorrow. The trouble is my wife has just found out how delicious bacon is and now I'm into mass production.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vogie said:

I found the supplier for the curing salts on ThaiVisa, Thai Artisan Foods [email protected].

As for the cut I go to the market and the lady has wrapped pork in her fridge, about 1kg. I am going down tomorrow to get a couple of more joints, I will be more exact tomorrow, I think it's back, but don't quote me. I will take a photo of the joint and repost tomorrow. The trouble is my wife has just found out how delicious bacon is and now I'm into mass production.

Mate, thank you for the info. Step son, Thai but 8 years driving Challenger tanks British Army keeps eating it all. A photo of your cut would be great.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the McDonald's breakfasts and biscuits. In America you can get them all day. I don't mind a Big Mac every now and again, although after 50+ years eating them, they are not exciting anymore. When I first moved to Thailand, we used to pray for a McDonald's in Chiang Mai and that would be the first stop in Bangkok. Expats are spoiled nowadays. FOOD01.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...