Jump to content

What are you eating? (food porn)


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm too lazy to wash the blender, easier to just chop with a knife.

ye always gots to buy the type that ye can disassemble easily for cleaning...this is why I balk at fancy food processors and just use a good sharp knife for most purposes...

 

maybe investigate one of those immersion or 'stick' blenders, probably a lot easier to clean...

 

I got my favorite curried potato and cauli soup coming up soon and gots to have a blender of some sort for that one...it is sublime, eat half of a big pot in one go, sorta like having an open box of chocolates...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ham, home cured, cooked and thinly sliced), quiche, pineapple unsidedown cake, irish soda bread with raisnins , rare steak and on and on. All made with local ingredients except the steak which was a

So far this week. Greek style pork chops, marinaded and cooked over charcoal. Followed the next day by a rather large pile of calamari fritti. Delicious. Rib chops were large and around 85 baht e

For tonight we have a lovely piece of corned silverside.  Salt beef as it's known in the UK was always a family favourite when I was a boy. Hard to beat a good old fashioned boiled dinner with hot Eng

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I got my favorite curried potato and cauli soup coming up soon and gots to have a blender of some sort for that one...it is sublime, eat half of a big pot in one go, sorta like having an open box of chocolates...

I'm just as bad with my Sicilian chicken soup.

Found some decent pasta in BigC at 36bht for 500gms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm just as bad with my Sicilian chicken soup.

Found some decent pasta in BigC at 36bht for 500gms.

Maybe old news and only tested on spiral pasta but I took this yip of a tv series. Once pasta cooked, drain water and add a small knob of butter/margarine and put back on stove for 45 seconds continually stirring. Pasta becomes super soft and is delicious.  I normally make my pasta sauce from scratch using tinned tomates. I use a variety of meats including chicken, salami amd Naem is sometimes the 3rd. I think the best mushrooms are tinned here for this type of meal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Naam said:

i never experienced a tasty juicy tomato in Thailand!

 

yeah, I hear ye...the local tomatoes ain't much when in a salad...however they are suitable for cooking purposes; they are a 'plum' variety that ye usually get in cans in the west for cooking, thick skinned and pulpy...never seen any of the nice ones that I useta grow in my California garden many years ago...along with freshly picked romaine, chard and spinach mixed inna salad...indescribably delicious...

 

(and tutsi sits in the mud behind his shop house in suphan and surveys the sodden earth and wonders: 'I useta be able to grow anything I wanted...why can't I do that here?')

 

 

Edited by tutsiwarrior
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe old news and only tested on spiral pasta but I took this yip of a tv series. Once pasta cooked, drain water and add a small knob of butter/margarine and put back on stove for 45 seconds continually stirring. Pasta becomes super soft and is delicious.  I normally make my pasta sauce from scratch using tinned tomates. I use a variety of meats including chicken, salami amd Naem is sometimes the 3rd. I think the best mushrooms are tinned here for this type of meal.

 

canned pasta sauces are horrible...that prego shit must be 50% sugar....I always make from scratch using ground beef from makro and fresh tomatoes...

 

also, a new development! tomato paste is now available at makro in 170g cans...as one never uses more than a couple of tbbls at a time I always passed on buying the 600g cans that were all that was available...I bought a 6 pack of the little cans but haven't tasted it yet, could be fulla sugar as well...wouldn't surprise me...

 

if you look around the market or up on the top fridge shelf at lotus you can sometimes find fresh western type mushrooms...my regular veg vendor at the market has them sometimes along with nice fresh green bell pepper (capsicum)! but never at the same time when I wanna make a pasta sauce it seems...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grollies said:
2 hours ago, Morch said:

They is fun to grow. Not too hard getting good results. And can have different kinds for variety.

Agree, Naam you need to get out more.

getting out more to grow tomatoes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xyznot said:
3 hours ago, Naam said:

i never experienced a tasty juicy tomato in Thailand!

Blanch the tomatoes and skin and take out the seeds and mix with fresh basil.  Makes wonderful pizza sauce.  For juicy tomatoes leave the ones bought at Lotus in a box with a banana and don't expose to light until juicy and ripe.

i don't want to make pizza sauce! i want to eat tomato salad! the trick in the box as well as some others doesn't work/apply to tomatoes meant for salad. they turn out like sh*t. :sick:

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Naam said:

getting out more to grow tomatoes?

 

tutsi has decided that he's had enough and that he's gonna grow his own tomatoes...and then he finds Luke who works down the market and sets him to work clearing the tomato patch...and tutsi insists on a good job...

 

 

 

('ol Harry Dean Stanton on accompanying guitar and vocal...RIP)

 

 

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Naam said:

i don't want to make pizza sauce! i want to eat tomato salad! the trick in the box as well as some others doesn't work/apply to tomatoes meant for salad. they turn out like sh*t. :sick:

 

Yeah, the original reason for growing was lack of proper salad material. For pizza, sauce and whatever, easier to cover the lackluster quality of local produce. Even having a few plants makes a nice addition from time to time, without being too much of a chore. And there's no real need to even "get out" much. We grew them in balconies and  car parking (or in your case, car port :smile:).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, xyznot said:

Blanch the tomatoes and skin and take out the seeds and mix with fresh basil.  Makes wonderful pizza sauce.  For juicy tomatoes leave the ones bought at Lotus in a box with a banana and don't expose to light until juicy and ripe.

Good advise.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Naam said:

getting out more to grow tomatoes?

Yep, I did a bit better this year with cherry toms, nothing like Soidog2 though. I agree Thai tomatoes are not good.

 

Easy to grow your own in tubs if you want juicy toms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, grollies said:

Yep, I did a bit better this year with cherry toms, nothing like Soidog2 though. I agree Thai tomatoes are not good.

Easy to grow your own in tubs if you want juicy toms.

our gardener tried with seeds from the U.S. and Germany. all attempts failed. same for chives which are not available in Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vogie said:

Don't have to, your word is as good as your bond.

Any inroads into your own bacon factory?

No, more's the pity. Got a project on the go which will tie me up for the next three months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...