Jump to content

What are you eating? (food porn)


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, xyznot said:

No it doesn't.

must be a class thing. i have already established that in our main house tomatoes are eaten with seeds. will check later how they cook in the staff house. i hope they take out the seeds otherwise the attribute classy or classical might not apply to our household... a truly awful thought! :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ham, home cured, cooked and thinly sliced), quiche, pineapple unsidedown cake, irish soda bread with raisnins , rare steak and on and on. All made with local ingredients except the steak which was a

So far this week. Greek style pork chops, marinaded and cooked over charcoal. Followed the next day by a rather large pile of calamari fritti. Delicious. Rib chops were large and around 85 baht e

For tonight we have a lovely piece of corned silverside.  Salt beef as it's known in the UK was always a family favourite when I was a boy. Hard to beat a good old fashioned boiled dinner with hot Eng

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Naam said:

must be a class thing. i have already established that in our main house tomatoes are eaten with seeds. will check later how they cook in the staff house. i hope they take out the seeds otherwise the attribute classy or classical might not apply to our household... a truly awful thought! :unsure:

The rest of my post.

No it doesn't.  It creates a tomato without seeds used in most upscale cuisines. Most cultures have at least two styles of cooking.  Classical and provincial.  Seeded tomatoes are used in the classical style.  Haute cuisine  vs Cuisine bourgeoise.  It is a cooking thing. 

 

Thai cuisine is also different between farmers and the privileged folks.    A-harn Chao Wang, meaning food for people living in the palace.

 

The dishes are prepared to please the eye and the palate always, with a lot of attention to details

As convenient to eat as possible: vegetables cut into bite size so you won't have to cut them again on your plate, the prawn head removed, the long vegetables tied into a knot (therefore no cutting on your plate is required) etc. A book written by a royal chef, who cooked for princes and princesses, mentioned that the whole fish was served boneless... not fillet but someone spent time removing bones from the whole fish! 

The rule of thumb is that everything on the plate must be edible.

tomato.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth...surely not much...:vampire:

 

...my vote...

 

NEVER remove seeds from tomatoes...no need, unless making puree. However, I do usually remove the "core" from the top 1/3 - 1/2...though not necessary and GF never does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

For what it's worth...surely not much...:vampire:

 

...my vote...

 

NEVER remove seeds from tomatoes...no need, unless making puree. However, I do usually remove the "core" from the top 1/3 - 1/2...though not necessary and GF never does. 

Some people eat the poop in shrimp.  Others like coffee beans picked out of cat poop.  It is all a matter of taste and how you were raised.  My father ate Limburger cheese and my dog loves Stilton Cheddar.  Of course my dog likes old baby diapers too.

civit.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xyznot said:

Some people eat the poop in shrimp.  Others like coffee beans picked out of cat poop.  It is all a matter of taste and how you were raised.  My father ate Limburger cheese and my dog loves Stilton Cheddar.  Of course my dog likes old baby diapers too.

civit.jpg

Well, for what it's worth from the resident (token) vegan...

 

...in over a year and a half and 135 pages...

 

...your post wins the "Gross Post Award" ! :biggrin:

 

Bon appetit :bah:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

For what it's worth...surely not much...:vampire:

 

...my vote...

 

NEVER remove seeds from tomatoes...no need, unless making puree. However, I do usually remove the "core" from the top 1/3 - 1/2...though not necessary and GF never does. 

Are you related to the POTUS?  The first word of your statement is NEVER and the eight word is UNLESS!  You can't have both!!:sorry::post-4641-1156694572:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wayned said:

I just went and talked to my cook!

i asked our gardener whether he removes the seeds from tomatoes before eating and his answer was "are you feeling well Sahib?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Naam said:

i asked our gardener whether he removes the seeds from tomatoes before eating and his answer was "are you feeling well Sahib?"

I asked my Indian doctor and he said, " Sahib, carefully slice the tomato in half around what would be the equator line so that one half has the stem and one half has the bottom. Then use a ¼ teaspoon, or another small spoon, and scoop the tomato seeds out and discard them. Don’t scrape too deeply into the flesh of the tomato.

  • The seeds carry much of the acid content of the tomato plant, so removing them altogether is a great way to reduce the acidity and your stomach won't be bothered by excessive acidity.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Naam said:

the tastiest part of a tomato:

 

seeds.jpg

Jack Sprat could eat no fat.

His wife could eat no lean.

And so between them both, you see,

They licked the platter clean.

 

I assume you married a hi so lady who only ate tomatoes with seeds removed and lived happily ever after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xyznot said:

I assume you married a hi so lady who only ate tomatoes with seeds removed and lived happily ever after.

and i assume you might have had one glass too much which impaired your logical thinking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...