Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 April 2019 12:38
anotheruser

What are you eating? (food porn)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

minus the wine and thyme

7-11 has red wine that I've use d to cook with, not drink, and I get thyme at Tesco. The wine not only flavors the sauce but helps tenderize the brisket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Found some nice grub(s) on the drainer today, the women will enjoy these. Apparently 1,000bht/Kg.

 

grub.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 1:44 PM, A1Str8 said:

dd3.jpg

This is a man who knows how to plate his food and is also meticulous enough that there isn't dirty dishes in his pic. /thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 12:53 AM, BritManToo said:

Found some nice grub(s) on the drainer today, the women will enjoy these. Apparently 1,000bht/Kg.

 

grub.jpg

 

I get my grubs for half of that but I digress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was at the local makro and found zucchini (courgettes), celery, nice bell peppers (capsicums) and nice lemons...but no avocados also at the big tesco where I found some nice haas a couple of months ago...goin' to Hanoi next week and now I'm afraid that avocados are out of season...avocados and fresh baguettes are a highlight of any visit to VN

 

go to the supermarket and get 2 kilos of fruit and then stop at the bakery for some fresh bread and then later the hotel room cleaners would find me passed out naked on the bed from an avocado and fresh baguette OD...'mistuh, mistuh, you all right mistuh? (shaking me gently to see if I was dead)' 'eh?! who are you and whaddaya doin' here? where's my avocados???!!!'...

 

just made a stew with the courgettes, capsicum, potatoes, fresh toms and garlic and onions, out of this world using 'italian spices" (oregano, thyme, rosemary but no basil or marjoram) hadta make do with some toasted farmhouse slices rather than a nice crusty loaf but ye can't have everything I reckon...

 

anyone been to VN recently and seen any avocados in the supermarket? usually at the end of an aisle in a large bin in the vegetable section...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago, April in Dalat, the market showed off the most beautiful veggies, all kinds, and at least three avocado types. Would love  to go again.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

was at the local makro and found zucchini (courgettes), celery, nice bell peppers (capsicums) and nice lemons...but no avocados also at the big tesco where I found some nice haas a couple of months ago...goin' to Hanoi next week and now I'm afraid that avocados are out of season...avocados and fresh baguettes are a highlight of any visit to VN

 

go to the supermarket and get 2 kilos of fruit and then stop at the bakery for some fresh bread and then later the hotel room cleaners would find me passed out naked on the bed from an avocado and fresh baguette OD...'mistuh, mistuh, you all right mistuh? (shaking me gently to see if I was dead)' 'eh?! who are you and whaddaya doin' here? where's my avocados???!!!'...

 

just made a stew with the courgettes, capsicum, potatoes, fresh toms and garlic and onions, out of this world using 'italian spices" (oregano, thyme, rosemary but no basil or marjoram) hadta make do with some toasted farmhouse slices rather than a nice crusty loaf but ye can't have everything I reckon...

 

anyone been to VN recently and seen any avocados in the supermarket? usually at the end of an aisle in a large bin in the vegetable section...

 

 

Last week I realized that I had forgot to mail in my 90 day report and it was the 7th day past due so I drove the 100 kilometers to Nakhon Sawan to avoid the 2000 baht fine.  I stopped in Makro and they had Hass avocados at 69 baht each so I bought a couple.  I also found the Miso, not with the noodles in the refrigerator section but with the big packages of salad dressing, also refrigerated.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, wayned said:

Last week I realized that I had forgot to mail in my 90 day report and it was the 7th day past due so I drove the 100 kilometers to Nakhon Sawan to avoid the 2000 baht fine.  I stopped in Makro and they had Hass avocados at 69 baht each so I bought a couple.  I also found the Miso, not with the noodles in the refrigerator section but with the big packages of salad dressing, also refrigerated.

 

 

gotta find that miso where ye can geddit...I was at makro once and couldn't find the miso, got the step daughter involved who got the store assistant involved...and then she shifted a bag of salad cream aside to reveal the bags of miso behind and then I shouted 'arrrghhh!!!' and the store assistant started laughing uncontrollably 'dese falangs are such foolish creatures...' the step daughter had seen it all before and was exasperated...

 

but at least I got my miso...been drinkin' all night and a bowl of miso soup right now would really hit the spot...

 

 

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bacon sarnies via makro


Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...