Jump to content

What are you eating? (food porn)


Recommended Posts

On 7/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, BritManToo said:

Made scones, easiest thing in the world to bake.

Topped with home made raspberry and blackberry jam ........

IMG_20200705_163434.jpg

IMG_20200705_163750.jpg

They look good, but I’m guessing a potato is a lot easier to bake...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ham, home cured, cooked and thinly sliced), quiche, pineapple unsidedown cake, irish soda bread with raisnins , rare steak and on and on. All made with local ingredients except the steak which was a

So far this week. Greek style pork chops, marinaded and cooked over charcoal. Followed the next day by a rather large pile of calamari fritti. Delicious. Rib chops were large and around 85 baht e

Kasseler Rippchen: a German meat preparation similar as a cooked ham, but made from the loin instead. Can be eaten warm or cold, but I mostly use it as a substitute for ham (which is not for sale wher

Posted Images

On 6/28/2016 at 10:15 PM, White Christmas13 said:

Just eating Nat Chanapa but can't post a pic of that giggle.gif

555 (I think)  P.S. I had Sarah Lee for dessert/afters, last night.

Edited by The Deerhunter
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Noodles with meat sauce, Taiwanese-

1 pound sen yai

1/2 cup chicken broth

2 tablespoons dark soy sauce

2 tablespoons oyster sauce

2 teaspoon light regular soy sauce

1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar

1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder

1 tablespoon brown sugar

2 teaspoons cooking oil

1/2 onion chopped

1 pound ground pork

4 cloves garlic finely minced

Preserved vegetables, chopped

Bok choy, leaves separated

Shiitake mushrooms, sliced

Green onions, chopped

Noodles, Taiwanese.jpg

Edited by Michaelaway
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Michaelaway said:

Noodles with meat sauce, Taiwanese-

1 pound sen yai

1/2 cup chicken broth

2 tablespoons dark soy sauce

2 tablespoons oyster sauce

2 teaspoon light regular soy sauce

1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar

1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder

1 tablespoon brown sugar

2 teaspoons cooking oil

1/2 onion chopped

1 pound ground pork

4 cloves garlic finely minced

Preserved vegetables, chopped

Bok choy, leaves separated

Shiitake mushrooms, sliced

Green onions, chopped

Noodles, Taiwanese.jpg

Looks fantastic. (Took me a couple of seconds to work it out as "two and a quarter pounds of jam weigh about a kilogram")

Edited by james.d
Recalculated
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, BritManToo said:

Made scones, easiest thing in the world to bake.

Topped with home made raspberry and blackberry jam ........

IMG_20200705_163434.jpg

IMG_20200705_163750.jpg

May l ask what flour you used please?

I have plain flour and some google search says add 2 teaspoons of baking powder per 200g, others say 2 teaspoons per 150g.

Any recommendation?

 

Thanks.

Edited by james.d
Spelling.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, james.d said:

May l ask what flour you used please?

I have plain flour and some google search says add 2 teaspoons of baking powder per 200g, others say 2 teaspoons per 150g.

Any recommendation?

 

Thanks.

Star all purpose flour ..... 24bht/Kg.

The amount of baking powder isn't that important, but the speed you finish the mixing and cutting after adding liquid is.

It starts to rise the instant it's wet, so you need to mix, roll and cut within 2 minutes of adding the liquid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Star all purpose flour ..... 24bht/Kg.

The amount of baking powder isn't that important, but the speed you finish the mixing and cutting after adding liquid is.

It starts to rise the instant it's wet, so you need to mix, roll and cut within 2 minutes of adding the liquid.

Much appreciated and thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...