Mentally deficient man held for murder of five year old in Bangkok

webfact

Mentally deficient man held for murder of five year old in Bangkok

s1a.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Police in Bangkok say that a mentally deficient man has admitted to the murder of a five year old girl.

The girl was found on the flat roof of a nine story condo yesterday evening after going missing, reported Thairath. She was found just a few meters from a disused swimming pool with about a foot of dirty water in the bottom.

A man called Nattapong or Bumbim, 34, told police that he killed the girl. He was hired by the condo management to help look after the building in Charoen Krung Soi 107. It was earlier reported that he had been seen with the victim on CCTV.

There was bruising on the girl's body but no evidence of sexual assault. She died from lack of oxygen after hitting her head, an autopsy at Chulalongkorn Hospital confirmed. It appears from comments made by the accused that he had pushed her in the swimming pool. The man is mentally deficient.

He has been charged with murder with intent and seeing as no representations were made by the parents regarding the man's mental state he will be tried as a normal person. Any subsequent sentence will be up to the discretion of the court after the full evidence is heard.

Police are still not sure what exactly happened because of the accused level of development.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-28

So they know he's mentally deficient yet rather than trying to establish properly what his mental state and condition is, they'll just try him as a fit man for the hell of it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Why would they assume murder with intent? It is known he often played with local kids and it is likely this was pushing her into the pool as part of playing. The man has mental problems and to try him like this is despicable but not surprising. T.I.T.

So they know he's mentally deficient yet rather than trying to establish properly what his mental state and condition is, they'll just try him as a fit man for the hell of it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I agree with you but from the Thais viewpoint it's just a waste of time because they don't have the psychiatrists adequate to give a proper diagnosis. Hundreds of thousands of mentally unstable people just passed through the system at all levels.

Archived