Krabi Is Lovely

davidjtayler

Ive just returend from Krabi for the second time in 6 months and I think Krabi is lovely ... the whole area ... the people ... spent some time in the Kao Phanom Bencha national park and it is stunning ... :D

Just thought I would like to share this with you :o

post-33115-1163563344_thumb.jpg Kao Phanom Bencha area

post-33115-1163563466_thumb.jpg Kao Phanom Bencha area

post-33115-1163563690_thumb.jpg Kao Phanom Bencha area

post-33115-1163564051_thumb.jpg Kao Phanom Bencha area

post-33115-1163563857_thumb.jpg Nopparat Thara beach near Ao Nang

• 2 weeks later...
went for a beano to khao panom bencha resort the other sunday with a few friends. cool beer, cracking thai food, awesome scenery, a chill out by the pool..

a thoroughly good was had by all, Son is a very good host..

khao panom bencha

Nice one Lobin :o

Son's a great guy as are alll the guys involved in the resort .. Ill be back again at the resort next April with a load of mates after a dive trip to the Similans so if youre around pop in for a beer ! :D

I am also planning to go to Krabi in the near future do you have any recommendations for hotels?

Depends whether you want the beach, the town of Krabi itself or the jungle .. most people head to Ao Nang or Railay beach but I prefer the jungle and national park areas so if its this you want then click on Lobins link ... beautiful area ... Phanom Bencha mountain resort :o

I am also planning to go to Krabi in the near future do you have any recommendations for hotels?

yes as said above it really depends on what you want. krabi as a province is rather large and can cater for all sorts of needs, then you have krabi town, and then you got ao nang/railay which people refer to as krabi as well.

so its down to what you are after?

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked out the link for the Phanom Bencha Mountain resort, it looks lovely!

How long do you think it takes to get to Ao Nang and the beach area from the resort? can it be done on a mototrbike?

It if it is too far for a casual trip, we might stay in Phanom Bencha Mountain Resort for a few days and then spend a night or two on Ao Nang or Railey, any reomendations for a mid priced resort in that area (about 2000 baht a night)

Cheers

I just checked out the link for the Phanom Bencha Mountain resort, it looks lovely!

How long do you think it takes to get to Ao Nang and the beach area from the resort? can it be done on a mototrbike?

It if it is too far for a casual trip, we might stay in Phanom Bencha Mountain Resort for a few days and then spend a night or two on Ao Nang or Railey, any reomendations for a mid priced resort in that area (about 2000 baht a night)

Cheers

Hey there Asha

It is lovely ... so lovely I will be back next April again ... :D

Ao Nang's not too far from PBMR ... takes about 30-40 minutes to get there on a motorbike or in a truck.

Lots of places on Ao Nang but I preferred the beach further up at Nopporat thara ... prices should be around 2000Baht per night beachfront ... I'll try to get some names for you (saw one nice place with a pool but can't remember the name off the top of my head).

All in all a lovely place and I'm sure you will enjoy. :o

DJT :D

Cheers

Hey there Asha

It is lovely ... so lovely I will be back next April again ... :D

Ao Nang's not too far from PBMR ... takes about 30-40 minutes to get there on a motorbike or in a truck.

Lots of places on Ao Nang but I preferred the beach further up at Nopporat thara ... prices should be around 2000Baht per night beachfront ... I'll try to get some names for you (saw one nice place with a pool but can't remember the name off the top of my head).

All in all a lovely place and I'm sure you will enjoy. :o

DJT :D

Hi there Asha

Heres some details for the resort on Nopparat thara beach .. its called SRI SUKSAN resort .. tel no 0840540649 ask for Miss TAO

DJT

I always stay ay The Krabi Sands. It is owned by Mark an English guy and is a great place to relax.

The food is some of the best Ive had (Thai and foreign).

Huge swimming pool and a beach that is very deserted - lovely!

http://www.krabisands.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

After reading your recomendation, I spent 3 nights in Phanom Bencha Resort and it was really nice. The staff were really friendly and I would definatly recommend a visit there if you are going to Krabi.

Thanks again.

:o

Edited by ashacat

Hi Guys,

After reading your recomendation, I spent 3 nights in Phanom Bencha Resort and it was really nice. The staff were really friendly and I would definatly recommend a visit there if you are going to Krabi.

Thanks again.

:o

I'm glad you had a good time Asha... happy new year :D

• 3 weeks later...