New Immigration Office in Roi Et

Liquorice

For those who have recently visited Amnat Chareon, you may have noticed two separate desks, one for Amnat, one for Roi Et.

This was because staff were in training for the long awaited opening of the new Immigration office in Roi Et.

I can confirm that the new office (expected to open in August) is located directly behind and adjacent to the main Amphur office on Chaeng Sanit Road and directly behind the large Meeting Hall. GPS coordinates are; 16.052963, 103.654297

Meanwhile they have opened a temporary office located in the OTOP building on Prampracharadh.

GPS coordinates; 16.056052, 103.654811

They are only accepting 90 day reports for the minute, but expect to offer the full services by the end of July, extensions, re entry permits etc.

Anyone considering a trip to Amnat later than the middle of July are advised to first check with the Roi Et Office.

Roi Et Immigration Office 043515179

Immigration Officer Putthichai 089 663 3269

Hopefully this brings the "Rumor" to "Fact"... Now the question as to what area the new office will be servicing??? Living in Kalasin and having to make the 2+ hour drive to Sakon Nakhon for our Immigration activities when the Khon Kaen offices are just an hour away, is bad enough, but if we are not allowed to use the New Roi Et Immigration Offices, which is only just over a 30 minute drive would be a real "Punch in the Gut".... Any information regarding the area they will service??

Pianoman in Kalasin

For the moment just Roi Et.

What I do know is that their was an internal Immigration directive from last year, that stated Immigration offices should cover no more than two districts. There have been a few recent reports of new offices opening around the Country on TV.

If you live in NE Kalasin, Sakon Nakhon would be the nearest office, whereas if you live South Kalasin, Roi Et is nearer.

Maybe it's an attempt to please most of the people, most of the time, but they'll never please all of the people all of the time.

I'd advise you ring the Roi Et office, they will be better informed of future plans than myself.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Just before the friendly general took over, there was a rumour they were scouting a new office in Kalasin, however that doesn't seem to be happening. I just returned yesterday from my yearly two hour door to door trip for my retirement extension in Sakon Nakhon. That's compared to a one hour trip to the Mukdahan bridge. However it is a nice trip through the mountains to Sakon Nakhon and little traffic, and the officers are very pleasant and friendly. I was in and out in 40 minutes. But in this day and age of Google Maps, you'd think you could go to the office closest to your home. Easy enough to determine with Google Maps. If an office opened in Roi-et city, it would be a toss up for me which was closer, Roi-et or Mukdahan. Mukdahan is a nicer drive and I think would win out. However if the office is at Roi-et Airport, then I think it would win out.

Just before the friendly general took over, there was a rumour they were scouting a new office in Kalasin, however that doesn't seem to be happening. I just returned yesterday from my yearly two hour door to door trip for my retirement extension in Sakon Nakhon. That's compared to a one hour trip to the Mukdahan bridge. However it is a nice trip through the mountains to Sakon Nakhon and little traffic, and the officers are very pleasant and friendly. I was in and out in 40 minutes. But in this day and age of Google Maps, you'd think you could go to the office closest to your home. Easy enough to determine with Google Maps. If an office opened in Roi-et city, it would be a toss up for me which was closer, Roi-et or Mukdahan. Mukdahan is a nicer drive and I think would win out. However if the office is at Roi-et Airport, then I think it would win out.

The purposed "Kalasin" Immigration office was to serve the areas of Kalasin, Maha Sarakhon and Roi Et, due to the amount of Expats living in those area's..... Prior to the Coop, there were actually 2 Immigration Officers looking for rental housing in Kalasin, then after the Coop, the General / Government put a "Hold" due to the area being such a strong Red Shirt area, and just left it as "Not this year"...

As I mentioned before, Roi Et would still be a much appreciated situation / location over Sakon Nakhon but only for the lack of the 2+ hour drive each way.. The Office and Officers in Sakon Nakhon have been excellent to deal with...

Pianoman in Kalasin

Interesting post, I was in Amnat last Wednesday for a 90 day report and no mention of reporting next time to Roi Et in September was made, in fact it was a case of see you again in September.

Not that I am in any way surprised, as this is after all Thailand in which tomorrow never comes ...

Can't comment on Roi Et but there is a new immigration office opening in Buriram this month. Kap Choeng Immigration (serving Buriram and Surin) also operated two separate desks recently.

The immigration officer I spoke to suggested that there were plans for every Changwat to have it's own office.

For the moment just Roi Et.

What I do know is that their was an internal Immigration directive from last year, that stated Immigration offices should cover no more than two districts. There have been a few recent reports of new offices opening around the Country on TV.

If you live in NE Kalasin, Sakon Nakhon would be the nearest office, whereas if you live South Kalasin, Roi Et is nearer.

Maybe it's an attempt to please most of the people, most of the time, but they'll never please all of the people all of the time.

I'd advise you ring the Roi Et office, they will be better informed of future plans than myself.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Writing districts is a bit misleading. Districts are Amphoes. I think you meant provinces.

When they first designated offices back in early 2009 they divided some offices areas of responsibility by Amphoes within provinces. You would think they could still do that for provinces that don't have offices so the trip would not be so long.

Interesting post, I was in Amnat last Wednesday for a 90 day report and no mention of reporting next time to Roi Et in September was made, in fact it was a case of see you again in September.

Not that I am in any way surprised, as this is after all Thailand in which tomorrow never comes ...

I was at the Amnat office on July 01 and my partner (Thai) inquired about the Roi Et office and the officer said we should definitely report to the Roi Et office for next visit (which would be late September).

EDIT: This is for tourist visa extensions (+30 days). I'm not retirement age and I know you can already make 90 day reports in Roi Et.

You could have made that report in Roi Et last Wednesday at the OTOP building.

Immigration aren't forthcoming notifying the local expat community of recent updates or changes.

I guess they are as ill informed as we are and only believe it when it happens!

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the new Immigration Office in Roi Et.

It appears the proposed permanent location of the office has fallen through, but Immigration have acquired two more adjoining units in the OTOP building and this will now be their new permanent location.

For the moment they can only process 90 day reports, either in person or by mail, and record Change of Address details.

They are still awaiting the appointment of a Senior Office being assigned to the office in order to sign off extensions, etc and expect this to now be September, when it will then be fully operational.

• 2 weeks later...

fyi, there's another thread running in the main visas forum re:

Haven't had any feedback there re the Amnat Immigration Office and some others in the same region.

If they're generally good offices and generally follow the rules, apart from the usual minor stuff, please post on that.

Or, conversely, if they specialize in jerking folks around, constantly change their rules, demand extra payments, etc etc, please post it in the same thread.

All feedback welcome. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have received today the 22/08 my recept of notification for 90 days from Immigration police to Amnat Charoen. the furure date wil be in november. Thai police Immigration have written on my recept :

"next time go to Imm Roi-Et    093-515179 ''

I think that this number can be interesting for expat around Roi-Et..

Phil

Yes sir got it open just in time.

Prayut to visit Roi Et Wednesday

The Nation August 23, 2016 3:52 pm

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha will visit Roi Et on Wednesday to follow up on implementation of government policies by local government agencies, assistant government spokeswoman Col Thaksada Sangkhachan said Tuesday.

She said Prayut will hold a meeting with senior Roi Et officials at the Rajaphat Green View Hotel at 8:45 am.

Now to add Insult to Injury, there is a post stating that the "New Immigration Office" for Maha Sarakhom will be open Sept. 1st...   And still no word as to if those of us living in Mueang Kalasin can use either the New Roi Et office or the soon to be "New Maha Sarakhom" office...

I am off this morning making the 2+ hour drive each way, on the dangerous 2 lane winding road to Sakon Nakhon Immigration to do a 90 Day Report, and will try to get an explanation regarding all of the New Offices surrounding Mueang Kalasin....

Pianoman

13 hours ago, pianoman said:

Now to add Insult to Injury, there is a post stating that the "New Immigration Office" for Maha Sarakhom will be open Sept. 1st...   And still no word as to if those of us living in Mueang Kalasin can use either the New Roi Et office or the soon to be "New Maha Sarakhom" office...

I am off this morning making the 2+ hour drive each way, on the dangerous 2 lane winding road to Sakon Nakhon Immigration to do a 90 Day Report, and will try to get an explanation regarding all of the New Offices surrounding Mueang Kalasin....

Pianoman

O.K., made the drive, safely I might add,  go there and the office was busy, but after about 8 or 10 minutes waiting the Head (Lady) Officer came out of her office and asked what I needed...  After explaining my situation with regards to not receiving my return 90 Day Report and showing her both my EMS receipt and the copy of the Tracking Report showing that they received it prior to it's due date, she had one of the lower officers look it up and said that it was sent back to me 6 days after they received it, and as an office had told me on the phone before, "You should have put a 5 baht stamp on the return envelope rather than the 3 baht stamp that the Post Office placed on the return envelope...   I told her that the Head Man at the Post Office in Kalasin was not happy to hear that an Immigration Officer believed that the Post Office would just ignore and not deliver mail due to difference between the 3 baht and 5 baht stamp when the 3 baht was all that was needed on a single envelope..  She then just ignored that comment and said that I did the right thing by coming in personally to do my current 90 Day Report...

I then asked her if living in Mueang Kalasin, we could use either the New Office just opened in Roi Et or the soon to open New Office in Maha Sarakhom???   She said "No, your office in this office in Sakon Nakhon"..   I told her that making the 2+ hour drive each way, over winding, dangerous, 2 lane roads was just crazy when there were two New Offices within 30 minutes of our home in Kalasin...  She then said that they would be starting to have someone available to come to Kalasin when needed so that we did not have to make the trip next time...  My Thai GF asked her in Thai, why not have an office in Kalasin and she told her, again in Thai, that they would have an office in Kalasin, but not soon...  She gave my Thai GF the phone # to call before our next trip, to have someone sent to Kalasin...  

The interaction was just a bit confusing, but then most conversations with Thai's can be just that, "Confusing"...    I did tell her that I have an Old Farang friend who does not drive and needs to do his yearly extension the end of Sept. or first week in Oct.,  She said to have him call at least 15 days prior to his extension deadline...

Basically it sounds like they have been told to accomidate  Mueang Kalasin residents in some way, but that exactly How has not really been worked out as of yet...  Possibly Monthly visits to the area, or as needed visits when needed, or who knows...

Pianoman

15 hours ago, pianoman said:

Pianoman

I live in Maha Sarakham and I have not heard about any new Immigration Office there. If there is gonna be one I would certainly appreciate some information about that.

On 8/24/2016 at 5:52 AM, pianoman said:

Pianoman

I live in Kalasin also but do the 90 day report online. Only have to drive to Sakon Nakhon once a year...

Also from looking at the line group for the RoiEt Immigration office, it seems like they have more staff now and have fully moved there.

From the comments etc in the group, it sounds like they can do visa extensions etc there now.  Apparently letters etc for work extensions etc should be addressed to the RoiEt Immigration office instead of the Amnat Charoen Office.

From the pictures posted, it seems like they're still in the OTOP building though, and haven't moved to the building that was indicated in the top post.  It appears though, from the picture, that they've now expanded the office so that it's bigger than the tiny little box I did my 90 day report at in July.  I have no idea if this office will change, but if I see something on the line group indicating that they are moving offices, I'll try to post something.

8 hours ago, SlyAnimal said:

Also from looking at the line group for the RoiEt Immigration office, it seems like they have more staff now and have fully moved there.

From the comments etc in the group, it sounds like they can do visa extensions etc there now.  Apparently letters etc for work extensions etc should be addressed to the RoiEt Immigration office instead of the Amnat Charoen Office.

From the pictures posted, it seems like they're still in the OTOP building though, and haven't moved to the building that was indicated in the top post.  It appears though, from the picture, that they've now expanded the office so that it's bigger than the tiny little box I did my 90 day report at in July.  I have no idea if this office will change, but if I see something on the line group indicating that they are moving offices, I'll try to post something.

Read post #12 Sly.

It appears the proposed permanent location of the office has fallen through, but Immigration have acquired two more adjoining units in the OTOP building and this will now be their new permanent location.

It would be helpful if somebody could post a GPS location for the new office so we can update the map of immigration offices. A full address for the office would also be good for those doing 90 day reports by mail.

30 minutes ago, Faz said:

Roi Et Immigration Office

OTOP Building

Prampracharach Road

Nai Mueang

Mueang

Roi Et 45000

Thanks

Have sent a link to your post to Maestro so he can update the map.

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Roi Et Immigration Office

OTOP Building

Prampracharach Road

Nai Mueang

Mueang

Roi Et 45000

Thank you very much.

I have now added it to our map of Thailand Immigration Offices:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r81uyBYdMeM7A7W_-5L1pFWfsFQ&usp=sharing

Archived