Question about having 2 Myanmar passports.

Hi My GF is going to get a Myanmar passport so she can go to a University in Thailand. She currently has a migrant or temporary passport for working in Thailand. It is my understanding that In order to be able to go to the University she will need a Tourist Visa and a Myanmar passport. She will be able to get a ED visa when she is accepted, but I am not sure on a few of the logistics. Here are a few of my questions:

When she gets her passport in Myanmar she will have been stamped as leaving Thailand on her Work Passport. Her semester doesn't begin until December. Does she need to have a Tourist stamp in her New passport that can be changed to an ED Visa? or should she re-enter Thailand with her work passport, get accepted to the University and do what they say to do?

I can see situations that could get complicated ie. tourist visa runs out.. and if she doesn't get an extension or re-apply she would have to leave the country again. Or lets say she entered on a tourist visa and now uses the work visa to exit and then re-enter Thailand she would hypothetically be fined for not having exited the country...

Anyhow.. does anyone have any broad strokes of reasoning and experience here to set my thinking straight?

thanks.

I'd ask the school, they will know

first she needs apply to the school, once she is accepted, the school will supply her with paperwork so she can get an ed visa ( OUTSIDE THAILAND) which she needs

as to how to work the passports, no idea

• 7 months later...

According to my Myanmar immigration contact she can NOT use her migrant labour passport. She must apply for and use a regular passport. Migrant labour passports will soon be abolished and only one type of passport be offered anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived