4 Rai With 2 Year Old Para's Growing In Issan

stament

I've been asked about buying 4 Rai of land in Issan in an hour away from Si Saket. Knowing absolutely nothing about the price of this, I thought I'd put a posting on here. (I did search for land costs) and read some posts but as this is more specific I thought a new posting would serve me better.

Also does anybody know how much you can sell para's for when they are fully grown (somebody mentioned they mature at 5 years). 'm guessing the land would normally cost about THB 15k per rai approximately.

Any info would be appreciated.

I've been asked about buying 4 Rai of land in Issan in an hour away from Si Saket. Knowing absolutely nothing about the price of this, I thought I'd put a posting on here. (I did search for land costs) and read some posts but as this is more specific I thought a new posting would serve me better.

Also does anybody know how much you can sell para's for when they are fully grown (somebody mentioned they mature at 5 years). 'm guessing the land would normally cost about THB 15k per rai approximately.

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi there

Welcome first of all, but could you give little speck's/ what kind of land, i.e Rice field, in the village? by the main road,, all those are influencing the land price.

friend of mine got land of 16rai 1hrs from Ubon 750.000, that is 2Km from 4 Lane hightway and partial of the land is Fish pond's.Direction of Yasothon.

Closer to Ubon from Yaso land price is hiking up...slowely but surely. 1mil per Rai.....

Just a give you an idea... :o

We own land near Sisaket (about 45 mins. SW of town).

Your price of Bt15K seems a bit low - maybe if you were buying 60-70 rai (i.e. Bt1mil.) of good rice paddy, but for 4 rai you should be thinking about double that, depending on location/condition of course, and status of seller, i.e. are the deeds with the bank?

We have a 4 rai plot of land suitable for building, on main road, level made up, with power, water, good acccess, etc. and would expect to get Bt200K if we sold it, but we buy rice land away from main roads at Bt25-30K/rai.

I'm afraid that I can't help with the para question - I don't know what they are!

We own land near Sisaket (about 45 mins. SW of town).

Your price of Bt15K seems a bit low - maybe if you were buying 60-70 rai (i.e. Bt1mil.) of good rice paddy, but for 4 rai you should be thinking about double that, depending on location/condition of course, and status of seller, i.e. are the deeds with the bank?

We have a 4 rai plot of land suitable for building, on main road, level made up, with power, water, good acccess, etc. and would expect to get Bt200K if we sold it, but we buy rice land away from main roads at Bt25-30K/rai.

I'm afraid that I can't help with the para question - I don't know what they are!

Para is rubber trees, and I think up here 7 years might be closer than 5 years for tapping.

The price is low. My guess is that this is land given to the current owners by the government under a land scheme, the owner needs cash, but you won't get the deeds (chanote) for another 5 to 10 years. Never mind, judge for yourself, ask your wife, can be ok.

I agree, the price is VERY low. If the land has a red seal chanote jump on it before someone else does. We paid 18,000 baht per rai for bare weedy land in the boonies with only a narrow mud road and no water or power. I thought that was a bargain.

It sounds Cheap, i have 100 rai, in all differant locations i have paid as little as 20,000 per rai to 150,000 per rai, depending where it is, its the old story, Location, Location Location, concrete road with electric, it starts going up, in the sticks cheap, on main highway in Buriram you are looking at a mill, there is 6 rai on the Buriram - Surin Road about 4 clicks out of Buriran, 1.2 Mill per Rai, this has been for sale for at least 4 years, no interest. good luck with it, i do not know about the rubber trees, lot of work and hassle in my opinion, also it knackers the land like eucalyptos, but if you are just paying 15,000 per rai, why not.

Bear in mind also that the existence of 4 year old para rubber trees adds to the value.

It takes 7 year to grow a rubber tree to its useful size, then you start running round collecting the sap to make what looks like small white rubber pancakes.

A friend of mine who owns 9 or 10 rai says he gets about 10,000+ a month. This is based on working 6 days a week tapping, and if it rains you can't work.

we were offered 53 rai off in a moo bahn off the main highway at Phon Khon Kaen for 800k baht. The women claimed it was chanote & she was desperate to sell as she had 200k baht debt somewhere. There was no electricity or water & the track leading into it was all sand & owned by the railway. That works out at just over 15k baht per rai. Planted with rice, mangoes & a large fish pond (approx 3 rai)

We turned it down as it was just too remote (I want to live on it) & the track really was a concern as we got stuck in the pick up trying to get back on the tar mack road (approx 2ks) but it was really beautiful & if not for the track we would have took it. :o

I agree, the price is VERY low. If the land has a red seal chanote jump on it before someone else does. We paid 18,000 baht per rai for bare weedy land in the boonies with only a narrow mud road and no water or power. I thought that was a bargain.

My GF said that it does have a chanote but you don't get it for a year as comes from Bangkok and everyone in village has to wait. Coming from England this sounds very odd, but I guess in Thailand this could well be the case. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

My GF said lots of people buy land and then have to wait for this chanote but it's ok as the big boss in the village has witnessed it. I must say they're very trusting if that's the case. I can imagine if the same thing happened in England and a lot of other western countries they'd be a lot of double-dealing!!!

Thanks for all the replies - all very useful for a newbie like me.

My GF said that it does have a chanote but you don't get it for a year as comes from Bangkok and everyone in village has to wait. Coming from England this sounds very odd, but I guess in Thailand this could well be the case. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

My GF said lots of people buy land and then have to wait for this chanote but it's ok as the big boss in the village has witnessed it. I must say they're very trusting if that's the case. I can imagine if the same thing happened in England and a lot of other western countries they'd be a lot of double-dealing!!!

]

How your girlfriend describes the process is generally how things work here. I do not know if that is what is specifically going on with this piece of land in that particular village however. When she says "it does have a Chanote, but you can't get it for a year". That either means it has chanote with restrictions currently, and those retsrictions will be removed in a years time; or it has some other title and chanote has been promised(Thais tend to feel the promise is a good as the real thing. They are usually correct, but not always). You should ask her what the current title designation on the land is, and what restrictions if any may be on the Chanote title if/when it is issued.

I have been living here since -97 and still waiting chanote,, for us it might take abt 10yrs,,,coming also from BKk,,, :o

I have been living here since -97 and still waiting chanote,, for us it might take abt 10yrs,,,coming also from BKk,,, :o

Yes, I should have noted in my reply, that time frames given are almost always overly optimistic.

My GF said that it does have a chanote but you don't get it for a year as comes from Bangkok and everyone in village has to wait.

Doesn't sound right to me. All documents relating to the property should be in the Amphur where the property is situated. The transaction should be able to be completed within the day.

I've done many such transactions in villages near Sisaket and never had to refer anything to Bkk.

I'll try to find out more details.

She did just tell me it's near a proper road on a hill and has power. She actually said it would be a good place to build a house too!!

I guess it's not going to do me any harm to have a look whilst I'm over there, but I want to make sure I know all the in's and out's before I part with my cash!! :o

This really sounds like a government land gift, that can't be sold for X number of years.

When he time frame is done the the Chanote can be issued.

But you know I have been wrong before :o

Thats sounds about right and there are thousands of locals waiting all over the joint with batted breath ..for the word....bit ..like the coming of some lord ....ha-ha-loo ya..... :D

Chanote...is like a magic word ........freehold/freedom :D

This really sounds like a government land gift, that can't be sold for X number of years.

When he time frame is done the the Chanote can be issued.

But you know I have been wrong before :o

Thats sounds about right and there are thousands of locals waiting all over the joint with batted breath ..for the word....bit ..like the coming of some lord ....ha-ha-loo ya..... :D

Chanote...is like a magic word ........freehold/freedom :D

If that's the situation, than the land will probably have a current Sor Tor Kor or similar title designation, and the Chanote, when it comes will have a restriction of sale for some period of years. That's a fairly easy restriction to get around however, as they explain how to do it at the Land Office.

My GF just told me that you have to wait for the chanote which comes from BKK - next year. However, you do get some sort of paperwork from the village signed by the "BIG BOSS" - aka The Godfather / Mayor to us I guess :o

Does this sound right from others experience?

Many thanks