Bank letter for extension of retirement visa

I will be applying first time for my retirement visa extension. Can anyone please tell me details of the required bank letter? To my understanding, it has to be done on the day of application. If I go to CW early morning and join the queue, how is it possible? Does the bank (BKKB or KB) charge for this service and how long do I have to wait? Thank you

If you are at Chaeng Wattana there are banks on the first (ground) floor.

Use the escalator or elevator (lift).

Take your bank passbook and your passport for I.D. purposes.

I know for certain that Bangkok Bank does this service, but I can't personally verify other banks also do.

Takes less than 15 minutes, depending on how many customers in the bank queue.

They print your letter out on a computer form, cost is 100 Baht....although I was told they may raise the fee to 200 Baht soon.

I had a letter done by Bangkok Bank there.

Letter is dated for the same day it is done.

Quick and easy.

Do not forgeth to move money at the day of the aplication. You will need a

new change in the bank book.

I'm not sure what you're recommending...the teller will update the bank-book before preparing the letter. At Pattaya immigration, the letter can be dated within a week of your application date.

I'm not sure what you're recommending...the teller will update the bank-book before preparing the letter. At Pattaya immigration, the letter can be dated within a week of your application date.

What I think he means is, deposit or withdraw a small amount of money to see movement in the account on the day, but that would NOT effect the Bank letter but only the Bank book.

What I think he means is, deposit or withdraw a small amount of money to see movement in the account on the day, but that would NOT effect the Bank letter but only the Bank book.

Yes, I think that's what he means...but I don't understand the need to show "movement" on the day the letter is done. I did my retirement renewal this week, using the money in the bank method, and my money stood still and I had no problem.

@OMG.

Fully agree, but imagine this scenario.

Deposited the Money (800k) 3-4 months ago and since then no movement in (this) Bank Book any more, without "movement" the last entry in the Bank Book would be the money deposited 3-4 months ago, but if he would deposit or withdraw a small amount (on the day he gets his bank letter) the Bank Book AND the Bank Letter would show the amount on the same day. thumbsup.gif

Edit: This is just in case he gets asked for the Bank Book by the IO.

Edited by MJCM

Is this an extension of stay on a 90 day non immigrant O visa?

based on retirement?

or

Possibly an OA Longstay ?

Just asked for my own benefit....as last time I only provided proof of income, in the form of bank statements that I printed from my online bank account back home. I had other proof of income, as well...but no formal bank letter.

Edited by slipperylobster

my immigration office told me has to be same day i guess they all all different

based on retirement?

or

The Clue in the first line of the OP

I will be applying first time for my retirement visa extension.

Which is an Extension of Stay (1 year) based on Retirement

based on retirement?

or

In which case...I only provided bank statements...no letter.

based on retirement?

or

In which case...I only provided bank statements...no letter.

Because (what I can see from your edited post) you use the Income Method (65k a Month) and not Money in the Bank (800K), with the Money in the Bank method the Bank letter is mandatory.

Post #2 and #3 basically say it all.

Bangkok Bank will also update the bank book without any transaction.

SCB told me "can not" wink.png

I would NEVER withdraw money for update but do a deposit at the counter.

If you have a fixed deposit account you would loose all or part of the interest with the smallest withdraw.

At a Chaeng Wattana branch they will surely know what to do without long explanations.

It does not hurt to take a print of the sample from #2.

It is for a 15 month fixed deposit (check-mark).

Edited by KhunBENQ

If you have a fixed deposit account you would loose all or part of the interest with the smallest withdraw.

At a Chaeng Wattana branch they will surely know what to do without long explanations.

I think the teller was pulling one of your four legs...my 800k funds are on deposit with an SCB branch in Pattaya and no problemo ☺

my immigration office told me has to be same day i guess they all all different

Yes, this is one of the details one has to check with their particular office because they do all have their own rule.

• Like 1

I think the teller was pulling one of your four legs...my 800k funds are on deposit with an SCB branch in Pattaya and no problemo ☺

Possibly. The typical Thai "can not" aka. "no one ever asked for such silly stuff and I am too lazy to find out, p... off farang" at my SCB branch.

I couldn't believe it but not worth to raise temper.

Withdrawn most of the funds and done.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I don't think they enforce it on fixed deposits....but an account that could have an ATM attached to it, for sure. I had 200K in savings and 600K in fixed. I deposited 500 in savings, just to get a fresh date, and post interest. Fixed are either alive or dead, interest isn't posted until you close them, or it matures. We use the 7 day rule in CM, of course many would tell them how TF are they suppose to get it the same day, since they had to get in line t 4am....CIMB charge 100, and need about 30 minutes. I was just wondering for future reference..could you do this at any branch?

Here an example of the Bank Letter (Thanks to KhunBenq)

<snip>

Price should be around 200 THB and it doesn't take long to get it, especially at CW

My Bangkok Bank changed to English this year.
Could that be because your account is a FCD .(Foreign currency Deposit) account ? Edited by MJCM

As a matter of intrest which banks can be found at Chaeng Wattana on the first (ground) floor?. I will be dealing with Bangkok immigration in the near future so being able to do everything in one place and in one day would be nice. My Bangkok bank account is not up to scratch but have a Kasikorn account which I will use for the 800.000 methode to proof income. Is there a Kasikorn branch at Chaeng Wattana?

<snip>

Price should be around 200 THB and it doesn't take long to get it, especially at CW

Could that be because your account is a FCD .(Foreign currency Deposit) account ?

No. Standard Thai baht savings account. I was surprised it was in English but Immigration didn't say anything about the change.

<snip>

Could that be because your account is a FCD .(Foreign currency Deposit) account ?
No. Standard Thai baht savings account. I was surprised it was in English but Immigration didn't say anything about the change.
Thx. The reason why I asked was because of the mentioning of the rate of exchange to the USD in the letter and that's AFAIK not standard. Edited by MJCM

If you are at Chaeng Wattana there are banks on the first (ground) floor.

Use the escalator or elevator (lift).

Take your bank passbook and your passport for I.D. purposes.

I know for certain that Bangkok Bank does this service, but I can't personally verify other banks also do.

Takes less than 15 minutes, depending on how many customers in the bank queue.

They print your letter out on a computer form, cost is 100 Baht....although I was told they may raise the fee to 200 Baht soon.

I had a letter done by Bangkok Bank there.

Letter is dated for the same day it is done.

Quick and easy.

Seriously take your passport ? When going for retirement extension.

Sorry shouldn't laugh but that made me chuckle.