Realities of teaching in Thailand without work permit

Kenny 202 ,

I must say, shocked and disappointed by your "...must be a homo ... " reply to a different person on this site.

Your comment has no place anywhere, and especially Thailand, one of the most liberal and forgiving places for the entire rainbow of LGBT community.

I was on your side before .. and now .. hope you never live in or teach in the Kingdom.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny 202 ,

I must say, shocked and disappointed by your "...must be a homo ... " reply to a different person on this site.

Your comment has no place anywhere, and especially Thailand, one of the most liberal and forgiving places for the entire rainbow of LGBT community.

I was on your side before .. and now .. hope you never live in or teach in the Kingdom.

my apologies. I have gay friends and they wouldn't be that childish.

Kenny 202 ,

my apologies. I have gay friends and they wouldn't be that childish.

Kenny, that's in no way childish. You really hurt some peoples' feelings and "must be a homo" is in no way a good joke.

Isn't it nice to live in a relatively free world where people can live their sexuality, without pointing fingers? wai2.gif

I placed a post asking genuine questions. Feelings hurt are you kidding? Teased? You sound like a homo.

You're just hijacking a post with your opinions. No help, no facts. I wish the mods would just can blokes like you

Kenny, can you now see why i said in a previous post " I won't work anywhere there is farangs"??

Pretty evident now?

You ask simple questions ( and yes, the same ones these same idiots asked when they first arrived),

And what do you get??.. know alls, pompous wa..ers, guys that will dob you in, talk about paedos, threats and ridicule etc etc.

I worked quite happy in a school in Bkk for 2 years..where there was no farangs..no problem

my biggest mistake was leaving and going to a place with 3 of them.

just look at your company on this threat. These are the sort of scumbags you will have to mix with day to day.

its just not worth it.

If you do end up working with them, i advise picking a school with a good library

Spend all your free time there and go to the common room only when absolutely neccesary.

Oh, and the Donald Trump crowd are the worst of them.. sorry if your from there ;0)

I placed a post asking genuine questions. Feelings hurt are you kidding? Teased? You sound like a homo.

You're just hijacking a post with your opinions. No help, no facts. I wish the mods would just can blokes like you

Kenny, can you now see why i said in a previous post " I won't work anywhere there is farangs"??

Pretty evident now?

You ask simple questions ( and yes, the same ones these same idiots asked when they first arrived),

And what do you get??.. know alls, pompous wa..ers, guys that will dob you in, talk about paedos, threats and ridicule etc etc.

I worked quite happy in a school in Bkk for 2 years..where there was no farangs..no problem

my biggest mistake was leaving and going to a place with 3 of them.

just look at your company on this threat. These are the sort of scumbags you will have to mix with day to day.

its just not worth it.

If you do end up working with them, i advise picking a school with a good library

Spend all your free time there and go to the common room only when absolutely neccesary.

Oh, and the Donald Trump crowd are the worst of them.. sorry if your from there ;0)

No not from there mate haha. Go back a few posts and you'll see I made the same reference ie "I'm a teacher now. I got tired of working special forces, CIA and the private investigator business" haha

You're not a teacher in any way or form. You are an opportunist taking advantage of a poor country for your own gain.

To be a genuine teacher takes years at University learning so many different angles, from spotting if a child is being abused at home, to the actual subject you want to teach.

You do not have that skill like95% of the "teachers" in this country.

Have to disagree here a bit

as most teachers in western countries

never intended to be teachers

most actually failed at their chosen subject and then went into teaching

whether initially as temporary job or not

when i say failed, i mean they did not get the big money career they actually studied for

and then went into teaching

it is very rare for people to go in to university

with the ambition of only becoming a teacher

(only exception may be history teachers)

You're not a teacher in any way or form. You are an opportunist taking advantage of a poor country for your own gain.

To be a genuine teacher takes years at University learning so many different angles, from spotting if a child is being abused at home, to the actual subject you want to teach.

You do not have that skill like95% of the "teachers" in this country.

Have to disagree here a bit

as most teachers in western countries

never intended to be teachers

most actually failed at their chosen subject and then went into teaching

whether initially as temporary job or not

when i say failed, i mean they did not get the big money career they actually studied for

and then went into teaching

it is very rare for people to go in to university

with the ambition of only becoming a teacher

(only exception may be history teachers)

Really? Tell that to the 200 other teachers who were doing their B. Ed at the same time I was.

You prolly believe the age old idiom that, 'there are those who do, and those who can't teach'.

Teaching is a vocation you either have it or you don't. If you don't you won't fool your students for long.

So it's safe to say TV are happy to encourage people to break the law of the country.

HMMMM

What 'enforced' law would that be...?

My kids have their crayons at school. I'll need to wait till they come home to explain that to someone at your level.

Have a great day and don't forget to get someone to tie your shoelaces or you might trip and fall.

All the best.

• 2 years later...

I understand that some teachers really enjoy their work, but most teachers I have encountered here are just doing it to get by. I don't understand why they put up with all the crap they get from schools and other teachers for 20-40000 baht a month when you can teach online from your bedroom for a couple of hours a day and get 50k+.

On 7/6/2016 at 10:03 PM, Kenny202 said:

So everyone has voiced their opinions. Fair enough. Thanks to all the guys who PM me with actual helpful advice.

I still must be missing something though. Without any sort of degree I can never legally work in a government school or obtain a teachers license.

So what is a TEFL course all about where they guarantee you work with or without a degree? Can a work permit be sourced by an agency on my behalf to teach in a language school etc? How does it all work?

Do I forfeit my OA visa and obtain a different visa?

Disclaimer: I just stumbled upon the thread have haven't read even 20% of it. But for what it's worth, schools who WANT someone give them contracts which will lead to WPs without involvement of the TCT (Krusapha).

Yours truly was pretty pissed. Many wasted days, riding to Chinag Mai Immigration at 4 am qo queue, returning near 6 pm... This kind of thing. The other guy was nearly 70 and had no degree. and the school gave him some job title like "media consultant".

Many kids can't speak. Get them to speak and you may be king among the non-speaking folks.

Archived