Asleep at the wheel: driver rams into shophouses in Krabi

webfact

Asleep at the wheel: driver rams into shophouses in Krabi
Phuket Gazette

krabi.jpeg

KRABI: -- Residents in Krabi Town had a lucky escape when the driver of a pick-up truck fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into a row of shophouses last night.

The driver, Surin Sukkawit, 54, a Krabi native, caused extensive damage to the row of shops along Krabi-Kaothong Road when he lost control of his vehicle after nodding off around 7am.

“Mr Surin said he’d had a sleepless night after arguing with his wife on Saturday night.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Asleep-the-wheel-driver-rams-shophouses-Krabi/64172?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-07-04

A new one to add to the list, "it was my wifes fault".

That's actually an exceptable reason.

I've been there , nodding at the wheel , usually in the afternoon after eating...

And he did it after a sleepless night at 7 in the morning.

Ahhhhh the famous Thai pointing at its best.........Usually they point at the accused, so in this case, it was the shopfronts fault. Thais would never do anything like fall asleep and cause such destruction wai.gif

RIP Wall

....they learn to make inane excuses from an early age.....maybe 5 years old....???

...not that they become any more elaborate or plausible.....

Five years of age is the peak of Thai male maturity.

• 1 month later...

Ha Ha, reminds me of one day many years ago I popped in to my fav watering hole in Khlong Muang and there was this Thai geezer swathed in bandages talking to the boss. I got talking to them and apparently the geezer was a local fisherman who liked to drink. He'd fallen asleep on the way back from fishing in his longtail and ploughed flat out into the beach, oh how I larfed.

Archived