BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accounter

My Cost of Living. Documented.

So, you spend twice as much on booze than on food.

Do you see anything wrong with that?

I understand that reading is difficult, but given the op says they cook at home, wouldn't someone of moderate intelligence be able to extrapolate that food and groceries are included in the shopping expenditure?

Nah, better to make ill-supported judgemental remarks about alcohol consumption.

A strange opener indeed. Not sure I see where he is coming from (or going to)

Do you use Electricity ???

Maybe I missed it whilst reading your list by Candle Light.

Well some farang school teachers earns around 30 to 40k per month and they are doing ok , if you live alone I guess you'll be just fine. The rent should be no more than 7-8000 baht for a studio.

So since the op has a family to take care of 70-80 k is just about right.

The figures are ass about in some instances.

And keep in mind some of these things his wife pays half.

He pays to much for some things to little for others.

Just curious, not saying it's not possible but how did your wife who is still young buy a house, after uni working life would be quite short.

Guess I'm doing ok at 16k a month then....smile.png

Well done! Why not celebrate by drinking this week's beer?

Dont drink! (Alchohol).

Purpose of this stupid thread?

Idle banter, I suppose. Have you ever made polite conversation?

Yeah, but polite conversation is what one makes.

Not, "Hi my name is ***** and here is what my family and I spend, allow me to break it down...."

anyway, it's unimportant, and maybe some people enjoy comparing notes with the OP.

Purpose of this stupid thread?

Idle banter, I suppose. Have you ever made polite conversation?

Spurting out ones "spend" (unbidden,unasked) is not polite.

It's rather vulgar.

It's an open forum SFB's.

how much was spent on obtaining the tracker software itself?

after trying heaps, I took a step back and settled back on good old MS Money.

It's free, and it's looking after all that spent, and good for extrapolating future budgetting over multiple countries and Exchange Rates for next upcoming round-the-worlder

For basic monthly expense tracker, try the free app Depoza. Depends on how much detail you want. Works OK for me.

I see the posters that make less than he spends on just his overheads are all indignant about it. laugh.png

Seems okay as they only go out once a month, and didn't take a trip away anywhere for those two months, but I guess that's down to having a 3 year old.

When the uni fees and condo repayments are finished that total will be down 17,500b p/m, so only about 60k baht, which really is cheap.

May:

Lunch:1,094, ..........................................................................30 baht a day sound about right, thai food.

School (KG1) : 8,000..............................................................Dont know, dont have kids

Rent (my half) : 9,000.............................................................18k a month, seems expensive.

Condo repayments: 12,000.....................................................This is the gross figure as you are getting rent to offset this figure.

Gas: 1,550...............................................................................Thats a lot of gas. one large cylinder is 300-400 baht, we have a restaurant and use 1 a month

Shopping: 16,475....................................................................A lot of western food i think

Alcohol: 4,117 (some bottles of wine and a btl of scotch)........Sound about right

Motorbike service: 10,920........................................................I would get a new bike and a new mechanic, I brought a whole bike for 10k, 300 for a service.

elec, water, internet: 4,945.......................................................Try turning off the air conn sometimes.

Eating out (once) : 2,344..........................................................Wow, thats an expensive restaurant, 2k for one meal out

Misc: 3,913...............................................................................Does your wife know about this, lol

Coffee: 811...............................................................................Buy a coffee machine

Computer/Tech: 2,600..............................................................I presume this is a one off purchase or repair, as internet already listed.

Phone credit: 500.....................................................................Use line

M.A Degree (I pay 1/4) : 5,500.................................................240,000 a year for a degree, wow

Meds: 25..................................................................................A packet of paracetamol

Total: ........ drumroll........ 83,794...........................................I used to live on less in Australia

WOW a new member, joined 38 minutes ago and first post are about how much the spend in a month in Thailand, very curious indeed, given its these sorts of threads normally result in lots of posts and battles of the cheap charlies, which it seems hasnt happened in a while it appears

Obviously bored out of their brains.

Spread sheet for 2016 so far.

Income.

Goes up and down with the exchange rate.

Outgoing.

Goes up and down in line with needs/wants.

Saving.

Save lots of time and effort making spreadsheets.

OP, you have my curiosity.

What school cost 8,000 baht per month? I don't know of any school that allows payment by the month. Maybe I misunderstood. Thank you in advance for your clarification.