BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accounter

My Cost of Living. Documented.

Me thinks poser wanting to say "hey I earn 200,000B a month". Then again he might just be trying to contribute info to TVF.

Me, I was always taught that if you are fortunate enough to have high income that modesty was best policy

Gas = petrol, I'm sure. facepalm.gif How long have you been in Thailand? laugh.png

I'm from Australia, gas is what you cook with.

That does explain it though, I will be able to sleep now, biggrin.png

Yanks and their gas :) I have never had an idea how the word gas can be extracted or shortened from Petroleum? Gas is even a physical term for the state of a substance, the liquid going into my car us not gaseous. But we forgive the Americans screwing with the language because they gave us McDonald's & good movies

Gas = petrol, I'm sure. facepalm.gif How long have you been in Thailand? laugh.png

Yanks and their gas smile.png I have never had an idea how the word gas can be extracted or shortened from Petroleum? Gas is even a physical term for the state of a substance, the liquid going into my car us not gaseous. But we forgive the Americans screwing with the language because they gave us McDonald's & good movies

It's short for gasoline

What's wrong with you?

Me thinks poser wanting to say "hey I earn 200,000B a month". Then again he might just be trying to contribute info to TVF.

Me, I was always taught that if you are fortunate enough to have high income that modesty was best policy

I'd consider that a terrible month. B)

At my current state of employment so would I; but that is exactly my point, no need to point it out

It's short for gasoline

What's wrong with you?

Gasoline is an American derivative of Petroleum, look it up. It is an invented word

At my current state of employment so would I; but that is exactly my point, no need to point it out

Why not?

It's a cost of living thread....I never suggested you need huge amounts to live on....indeed I stated I could live on 50k a month quite happily.

In truth you brought up the subject...probably to show off your own willy. :lol:

I'd consider that a terrible month. cool.png

I'd consider it my worst hour at work,ever! whistling.gif

Yanks and their gas smile.png I have never had an idea how the word gas can be extracted or shortened from Petroleum? Gas is even a physical term for the state of a substance, the liquid going into my car us not gaseous. But we forgive the Americans screwing with the language because they gave us McDonald's & good movies

From a country who's greeting is 'Fair Dinkum,Cobber',seriously? blink.png

It's short for gasoline

What's wrong with you?

Gasoline is an American derivative of Petroleum, look it up. It is an invented word

And gasoline is still the best word to describe it.

From a country who's greeting is 'Fair Dinkum,Cobber',seriously? blink.png

"Fair dinkum cobber" isn't a greeting.

"Gday numbnuts" is.

I see the posters that make less than he spends on just his overheads are all indignant about it. laugh.png

This topic does tend to bring out the green-eyed monsters

Good old budget envy

Strange reaction by many.

While I get that this topic has been discussed hundreds, if not thousands of times, it is predictable who will likely respond with flaming envy. I for one enjoy reading the data people supply. I think some are compelled to as a huge number of foreigners come here thinking they can live the life of a king for $500 to $750 a month. after the dust settles they realize its not so glamorous living in that dirty studio in a congested soi eating street food wearing the same clothes every day. LOL!!!

You can always tell which posters are American due to their addiction to medical insurance.

I hope the insurance covers therapy for needing it in order to breathe. biggrin.png

I really laughed hard at that DLang, Americans are obsessed(I mean REALLY obsessed) with medical care and coverage. Its weird. I am American and that's all I hear and heard, Medical that, Medical this, supplemental this and that. Most of these people took poor care of themselves and now they are severely ailing. All they worry about is medicines and personal care, it has consumed their lives to the point they are not living anymore, they stress over it which makes them even sicker. Sad really. I especially love the ones that complain about having to take generic meds versus the real trademark brand names. Like it really matters.

As for the OP not posting health insurance costs. At 36 why would he. He is likely healthy as is wife at 33. I wouldn't even consider health insurance. In fact I didn't albeit most companies offer it in the US but I never even picked a doctor. I think this clearly shows the age of a majority of posters. As for car insurance, he could amortize it over 12 months even though it's an annual renewal. Probably 150 baht a month.

Its too bad he didn't make his first post with 6 months of data. I think these posts are good for newbies or people looking at moving here. It is not as cheap as many think it is. can not base life here on 1 week eating street food staying in a dive apartment. LOL!. Clearly people will live life differently and have significantly varying personal expectations. I do not judge people and how they live, I mean I could never live on 20,000 baht a month but I own a house with my wife, am very active, travel around, have 2 cars etc. But maybe for senior citizen type who requires nothing more than a studio apartment, computer and a stove with everything they might want to venture out and do within walking distance, its perfect. whatever works.

Don't bash the OP. Its his snapshot of life here.

And your point to all this display of wealth is....?

People are going on about the OP as a sign of wealth or showing off a high standard of living.....

For a family with a young child they are spending 2000 Euros... 2200 US Dollars.... 100,000,000 GBP per month (based on current currency worth).

1/4 of which are repayments and uni fees that aren't going towards family costs.

Yeah, big show of wealth. rolleyes.gif