British tourist found dead in rented house in Koh Samui

webfact

British tourist found dead in rented house in Koh Samui

s22p.jpg
Image: Daily News

SAMUI: -- Mystery surrounds the death of a fifty year old British tourist found dead in a rented house in the Bo Phut area of Koh Samui.

Police said that Eddie James Wynne had been dead for three or four days, reported Daily News. There was no sign of a struggle, no evidence of theft and no tell tale wounds on the body.

The owner of the house Sunthorn Cha-umwan said that he had not seen Mr Wynne since Saturday. He had rented the room since arriving on May 9th. He kept himself to himself and sometimes friends came for a drink
with him.

Police found a Honda Click parked outside the property that is next to a Bang Jak gas station. All the doors were locked and they had to force a window and clamber inside through that.

The victim was dressed only in grey shorts and was found face down.

The body was sent for autopsy to find the cause of death. Medics said there was no evidence found to suggest that the dead man was suffering from any disease.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-05

So, If was the type that kept himself to himself, why would anyone raise alarms after not seeing see him for just a few days?

So how did they know anything was amiss?..to the extent that they thought it neccesary to break into the house?

Judging by how they found him, he wasnt seen through a window or such.

all very strange for everyone not to know anything but know something was amiss.

Unless he was paying the rent each day, but unlikely since he had been there a while.

something smells sour in Dodge

RIP.

Here we go bitter farangs go for it !

What makes people that ask questions "bitter"?

Granted, it is usually a case of poor reporting/writing/or leaving out facts, but you must admit a lot of what they write makes little sense.

I often have a couple of various empty medicine tabs lying around ive forgotten to throw out.

If i was found dead they would assume id taken all the meds in one go and committed suicide.

that is the mentality/investigating they use.

In this case (the way its reported) these people mysteriously knew to check the guys room (a loner) after just a few days..

no GF raising the alarm, no-one missing him to raise the alarm, and they couldnt see a body till they busted in.

Why?

I could be in my room X days alone and no-one suspects im dead.

did I read "forced windows open on a honda CLICK" ????

If they moved the statement about the Honda Click to the sentence afterwards, it would have made more sense, but as per usual, proof readers seem to be absent again!

"Police said that Eddie James Wynne had been dead for three or four days,"

Would it be possible that there was a smell coming from the locked house?

Maybe that is why the police broke in to investigate?

Could it be that he habitually visited the shop in the gas station and he hadn't for a few days?

Maybe they observed rats taking interest in the property?

Homicide is a long way down the list.

So how did they know anything was amiss?..to the extent that they thought it neccesary to break into the house?

Judging by how you comment you didn't look at the link or such.

His body was lying in front of a door and could be clearly seen.

Could it be that he habitually visited the shop in the gas station and he hadn't for a few days?

Having been in properties after the bodies have been removed, the houses are normally carpeted with dead fly's.

did I read "forced windows open on a honda CLICK" ????

If they moved the statement about the Honda Click to the sentence afterwards, it would have made more sense, but as per usual, proof readers seem to be absent again!

Strange that to some the most interesting part of the report about the death of a foreigner seems to be whether his motorbike had windows.

Having been in properties after the bodies have been removed, the houses are normally carpeted with dead fly's.

Something I hope never to see,

I hope they find the cause of death, very young to die at 50 but I guess could be heart attack, guess we will see.

RIP

This is just another in a series of unexplained foreigner deaths to be used as an excuse for Thai bashing...

Leave them alone! They do the very best they can!

Which is very little unless they receive international pressure...

What link?

The link to "Daily News" comes up in Thai.Tried translation but it comes up unreadable english and makes absolutly no sence.

So, If was the type that kept himself to himself, why would anyone raise alarms after not seeing see him for just a few days?

all very strange for everyone not to know anything but know something was amiss.

Unless he was paying the rent each day, but unlikely since he had been there a while.

The body after 4 days

What link?

The link to "Daily News" comes up in Thai.Tried translation but it comes up unreadable english and makes absolutly no sence.

Yes, i saw the pic of the screen door.

Are you suggesting this house only a screen door and no solid/wooden door?

A big stretch.

The body after 4 days

Well, we know all the doors and windows were locked tight, so that would suggest the air con was going.

Being a Brit, i'd say he would have had it running pretty cold.

Not wanting to go into gruesome detail, but..closed up house, cold aircon going....

He had friends sometimes visiting , what does that mean ? So he was not completely alone , were his friends Thais or foreigners ? So many questions and no answers . RIP:

Archived