Swede faces trial in Oslo for sex with 13 year old Thai girl in Koh Samui

webfact

Swede faces trial in Oslo for sex with 13 year old Thai
by Gregers Møller

538366315_76567ff332_o.jpg
Go-go Bar, Lamai, Koh Samui. Copyright by Nicolai Bangsgaard

OSLO: -- A 34-year-old businessman from Sweden but living in Oslo faces trial in Norway for having had a sexual relation over several years with a Thai girl who was 13 years old when he first had sex with her.

According to the prosecution, he first met the girl when he bought her out of a go-go bar in Koh Samui in 2008. She didn’t speak a word of English, but he was told she was 16 years old. The sexual relationship continued over the coming years at least until 2011. At the age of 14 she became pregnant with his child. Since she gave birth to his child he has sent her around NOK 1,000 (USD 120) a month in child support.

According to the Norwegian state media, NRK, the man’s home was searched not because of the sexual offence but because he was involved in a drug case. Police found photographic sexual material including photos of the girl in Thailand in his computer and in cooperation with police in Thailand, Norwegian investigators found the girl and determined her age.

“This is a serious case,” says state prosecutor Asbjørg Lykkjen to Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK) on Tuesday.

The trial will begin in an Oslo court this fall. He faces a 10-year-jail term if convicted.

The man has allegedly denied criminal liability.

Halldis Winje, the Norwegian attorney appointed to represent the girl, told NRK that In addition to the criminal charges filed against the man, he is seeking compensation on behalf of the girl and her family.

Source: http://scandasia.com/swede-faces-trial-in-oslo-for-sex-with-13-year-old-thai/

sca.jpeg
-- (c) Copyright Scandasia 2016-07-07

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the prosecution, he first met the girl when he bought her out of a go-go bar in Koh Samui in 2008.

He is a paedophile and the lowest form of excrement on the planet but what about the bar owner who sold her, have they been arrested with human trafficking or are they over looked?

Back in the old days, they were all sweet very young but '16 and 18 " and very genuinely wanted to be in your company,

now days, those pricy old hags trying to pass for 16 and 18 without much success.....

His conduct can't be justified, however you dress it up, but......the bar owner told/assured him she was 16, amd she may have looked 16, so it's difficult for him.

I suppose that pivotal to the prosecution will be whether he determined her actual age prior to her reaching legal age, and as he's been charged, I guess that's been established?

He's done the 'right' thing in supporting the child.

I don't understand the appetite some men have for young women, but if you fall in that category, and there is the slightest doubt, don't. Many countries now have laws under which you can be charged in your home/domiciled country for pedophile activity in a foreign country.

According to the prosecution, he first met the girl when he bought her out of a go-go bar in Koh Samui in 2008.

He is a paedophile and the lowest form of excrement on the planet but what about the bar owner who sold her, have they been arrested with human trafficking or are they over looked?

What authority do you think Norwegian prosecutors have over a Thai bar in 2008?

Seems the family should be worried more about there own miserable failings than compensation.The being child only exception.What are the chances the same bar owner is in charge

I do not condone his behavior in any way, first off. I do wonder just how jurisdiction over crimes of this sort is rationalized. Shouldn't he be extradited to Thailand where the crimes took place? Say I were to smoke some pot in Oregon (my home state, pot is legal, and I don't smoke btw).... would it be acceptable for me to be prosecuted for that in Thailand? I recall in Pattaya some years ago big banner put up by US DEA "Do the crime here, spend prison time in USA" or something of that sort.

I do not condone his behavior in any way, first off. I do wonder just how jurisdiction over crimes of this sort is rationalized. Shouldn't he be extradited to Thailand where the crimes took place? Say I were to smoke some pot in Oregon (my home state, pot is legal, and I don't smoke btw).... would it be acceptable for me to be prosecuted for that in Thailand? I recall in Pattaya some years ago big banner put up by US DEA "Do the crime here, spend prison time in USA" or something of that sort.

I think that's only when Thailand would actually want to try him - long time ago so chances they have very little interest.

Also they would only return him once he's been tried back home. This case is pretty much the reason European countries have these laws to persecute sex tourists who are also pedophiles.

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt - he probably believed she was 16; (hold on I thought the legal age is 18?).

Also the main blame is on the <deleted> bar owner who hired teenagers - what a dick! Norway guy paid for her child so how beneficial for her would it be to throw him in jail now? It's a messed up situation but not, to me, a clear cut pedophile, like a guy who goes after little girls and boys.

I guess the main benefit of a conviction would be to warn off others to do the same. Which makes sense. If you're a sex tourist, just leave girls alone that look super young - how hard is it?

Thirdly, and this is what people forget: Consider the big picture. Imagine this girl ended up in a girl bar at age 13. So clearly a lot has gone wrong with her life already; her parents are either drug users or dirt poor, or otherwise incapable of taking care of her. Her relatives are incapable of taking care of her. Of all possible outcomes in this situation, is it really the worst outcome that a Swedish guy comes along and ends up supporting her for 8 years? I'd think, of all possible scenarios, it's maybe not the best, but certainly it could have been way, way worse.

Soon as the family found out there was possible compensation they would be like a rat up a drain pipe. Music to their ears. They would have been shocked the man actually had sex with their virgin daughter. They thought the baby was an immaculate conception.

I once asked an attractive but young-looking bar girl how old she was. The answer was "How old do you want me to be?"

BTW note that the article mentioned "a go-go bar" in Lamai and not 'the Go-go Bar" in Lamai.

Agree with the general sentiments, but whatever else the guy may be he is not a pedophile. By definition, a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children, which wouldn't apply to a girl of 13. Certainly a child molester, though, and under Thai law a rapist.

Agree with the general sentiments, but whatever else the guy may be he is not a pedophile. By definition, a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children, which wouldn't apply to a girl of 13. Certainly a child molester, though, and under Thai law a rapist.

That's splitting a few fine hairs.

Many governments legislated so that they could prosecute sex predators/pedophiles who prey on children in foreign countries, in their home countries.

The change related to under age sex predators, and I think human trafficking, crimes only, in an attempt to stop that vile conduct. I think it recognized that countries where it was rife did not have the resources, and possibly the will, to get on top of the issue.

Them poor guys in Norway are subject to prosecution in Norway for buying sex anywhere on the planet.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-prostitution-idUSKBN0GB1BL20140811

The Norwegian law applies to all its citizens anywhere, making it illegal for Norwegians to buy sex even in countries where the activity is accepted.
Penalties for breaking the law are set by local municipalities. In Oslo, Norway's largest city, convicted sex buyers face a 25,000 crown ($4,000) fine.

His conduct can't be justified, however you dress it up, but......the bar owner told/assured him she was 16, amd she may have looked 16, so it's difficult for him.

I suppose that pivotal to the prosecution will be whether he determined her actual age prior to her reaching legal age, and as he's been charged, I guess that's been established?

I don't understand the appetite some men have for young women, but if you fall in that category, and there is the slightest doubt, don't. Many countries now have laws under which you can be charged in your home/domiciled country for pedophile activity in a foreign country.

You think so? Do you think really, that 120 USD appr. 4000 Baht is enough for support? For support a young girl he fathered? He obviously did not value her and his baby. He wanted just his fun paying less as for any prostitute. Disgusting anyway. But that is the face of many farangs coming to Thailand....Hope he will have to pay compensation in the amount what is usual in his country.

A pedo is someone who has sex with prepubescent children . It is not splitting hairs . Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls and yet you all scream abuse but know nothing . What a load of *****.
He is a sex offender for having sex which was illegal due to the laws of that country which are made by politicians.
Vast area of this world as south america age of consent is 12 , parts of asia as korea it is 12 India is in a league of its own with girls as young as 9 getting married . Even some states in usa it is legal for boys at 14 but girls at 16 .
All these laws are made by man . Why do you think your laws are correct and theirs are not ?
In bahrain the age of consent is 21 so that would make you all pedophiles. The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 and even japan with parents consent is 13 . Are all these millions of people pedo`s . Of course not .
What would happen if a japanese guy briught his 13 yr old wife to uk ? Phillipines is 12 . Midle east has no age of consent just no sex outside marraige so you can marry a child and then have sex legally
Ps the age of consent in thailand is 15 unless the girl is in a bar then it is 18

I was under the impression that the legal age of consent here was 18. If so ... being told by the girl and bar owner that she was 16 is not much of a defence.

Actually it's 15 if the parents have given permission. Irrelevant in this case anyway as Norwegian law applies.

Archived