Swede faces trial in Oslo for sex with 13 year old Thai girl in Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pedo is someone who has sex with prepubescent children . It is not splitting hairs . Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls and yet you all scream abuse but know nothing . What a load of *****.

He is a sex offender for having sex which was illegal due to the laws of that country which are made by politicians.

Vast area of this world as south america age of consent is 12 , parts of asia as korea it is 12 India is in a league of its own with girls as young as 9 getting married . Even some states in usa it is legal for boys at 14 but girls at 16 .

All these laws are made by man . Why do you think your laws are correct and theirs are not ?

In bahrain the age of consent is 21 so that would make you all pedophiles. The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 and even japan with parents consent is 13 . Are all these millions of people pedo`s . Of course not .

What would happen if a japanese guy briught his 13 yr old wife to uk ? Phillipines is 12 . Midle east has no age of consent just no sex outside marraige so you can marry a child and then have sex legally

Ps the age of consent in thailand is 15 unless the girl is in a bar then it is 18

Although I can understand your reasoning, it doesn't mean that I agree with the conclusion.

We adults, with more experience, have a moral duty to protect the children from being abused and making mistakes through immaturity.

The politicians also have a moral responsibility to enact laws allowing children to grow up in a legally enforced protected environment. In all of the examples above parents and politicians are failing to protect the children.

And I strongly disagree with

Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls

This is absolute bu11sh1t.

Not even worth discussing.

According to the prosecution, he first met the girl when he bought her out of a go-go bar in Koh Samui in 2008.

He is a paedophile and the lowest form of excrement on the planet but what about the bar owner who sold her, have they been arrested with human trafficking or are they over looked?

What authority do you think Norwegian prosecutors have over a Thai bar in 2008?

Have a read of the below items. Maybe Norway has similar legislation to that of Australia, who knows ? Anyway, worth a read.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/dad-charged-for-sons-alleged-holiday-sex-with-prostitute/story-e6freoof-1226611985342

http://www.samuitimes.com/brisbane-dad-convicted-of-hiring-underage-prostitute-for-son-in-samui/

Cheers..... Mal.

According to the prosecution, he first met the girl when he bought her out of a go-go bar in Koh Samui in 2008.

He is a paedophile and the lowest form of excrement on the planet but what about the bar owner who sold her, have they been arrested with human trafficking or are they over looked?

What authority do you think Norwegian prosecutors have over a Thai bar in 2008?

Have a read of the below items. Maybe Norway has similar legislation to that of Australia, who knows ? Anyway, worth a read.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/dad-charged-for-sons-alleged-holiday-sex-with-prostitute/story-e6freoof-1226611985342

http://www.samuitimes.com/brisbane-dad-convicted-of-hiring-underage-prostitute-for-son-in-samui/

Cheers..... Mal.

Yes, plenty of countries can prosecute their citizens for offences committed abroad. But I don't think they could prosecute Thai owners of a Thai bar, which was my point.

Yes he is guilty of your accusations but that is 8 years ago more than likely long gone.

he is seeking compensation on behalf of the girl and her family.

Ehhhhhhhh good luck with that one Khun Pedo gigglem.gif

You may need to read the article again! whistling.gif

Or even that statement, " . . . on behalf of . . .""

A pedo is someone who has sex with prepubescent children . It is not splitting hairs . Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls and yet you all scream abuse but know nothing . What a load of *****.

He is a sex offender for having sex which was illegal due to the laws of that country which are made by politicians.

Vast area of this world as south america age of consent is 12 , parts of asia as korea it is 12 India is in a league of its own with girls as young as 9 getting married . Even some states in usa it is legal for boys at 14 but girls at 16 .

All these laws are made by man . Why do you think your laws are correct and theirs are not ?

In bahrain the age of consent is 21 so that would make you all pedophiles. The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 and even japan with parents consent is 13 . Are all these millions of people pedo`s . Of course not .

What would happen if a japanese guy briught his 13 yr old wife to uk ? Phillipines is 12 . Midle east has no age of consent just no sex outside marraige so you can marry a child and then have sex legally

Ps the age of consent in thailand is 15 unless the girl is in a bar then it is 18

Although I can understand your reasoning, it doesn't mean that I agree with the conclusion.

We adults, with more experience, have a moral duty to protect the children from being abused and making mistakes through immaturity.

The politicians also have a moral responsibility to enact laws allowing children to grow up in a legally enforced protected environment. In all of the examples above parents and politicians are failing to protect the children.

What conclusion of his are you disagreeing with? He has not drawn a conclusion (as many here who just want to shout paedos have)he's just pointed out incorrect terminology in the use of that label and also drawn attention to a non black and white situation with widely differing laws by country on age of consent to illustrate the flaws in the argument of simplistically labelling anyone a paedophile who has sex with an underage person. So what is that age ,is it 12 or 21or any of the other scenarios he pointed out? And if you choose an age to suit your perception,or that which coincides with that of your home country,how are you going to deal with lower ages of consent in civilised countries in other European countries? I know it requires intellectual thought which may be alien to some who just want to have an opinion yet be to lazy to rationalise it.

Yes he is guilty of your accusations but that is 8 years ago more than likely long gone.

But the bar owner must be Thai, since only a Thai can hold license, so i doubt he is gone.

I do not condone his behavior in any way, first off. I do wonder just how jurisdiction over crimes of this sort is rationalized. Shouldn't he be extradited to Thailand where the crimes took place? Say I were to smoke some pot in Oregon (my home state, pot is legal, and I don't smoke btw).... would it be acceptable for me to be prosecuted for that in Thailand? I recall in Pattaya some years ago big banner put up by US DEA "Do the crime here, spend prison time in USA" or something of that sort.

Them poor guys in Norway are subject to prosecution in Norway for buying sex anywhere on the planet.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-prostitution-idUSKBN0GB1BL20140811

The Norwegian law applies to all its citizens anywhere, making it illegal for Norwegians to buy sex even in countries where the activity is accepted.
Penalties for breaking the law are set by local municipalities. In Oslo, Norway's largest city, convicted sex buyers face a 25,000 crown ($4,000) fine.

Progressive Scandinavia and it's obsession with punishing anything male.

Fine to have laws so that pedos and those indulging in sex with underage partners overseas can be prosecuted. But insisting you are bound by some laws of your country when in other countries, very Orwellian. No wonder a high proportion are piss artists albeit quite well behaved ones.

C'mon Chook, when was the last time you could definately prove that your partner was of legal age? As for "buying her out of the bar" it usually means paying a slightly higher bar fine to smooth the waters, she's in a hurry to get out of the bar and the owner is a businessman!

If the girl came from anywhere in asia and was a little bit "built" then what chance you can really tell, especially if she has her sisters ID card! You can note that the family was quite cool with the idea until the Lawyer put his nose in!! biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

What conclusion of his are you disagreeing with? He has not drawn a conclusion (as many here who just want to shout paedos have)he's just pointed out incorrect terminology in the use of that label and also drawn attention to a non black and white situation with widely differing laws by country on age of consent to illustrate the flaws in the argument of simplistically labelling anyone a paedophile who has sex with an underage person. So what is that age ,is it 12 or 21or any of the other scenarios he pointed out? And if you choose an age to suit your perception,or that which coincides with that of your home country,how are you going to deal with lower ages of consent in civilised countries in other European countries? I know it requires intellectual thought which may be alien to some who just want to have an opinion yet be to lazy to rationalise it.

The inferred conclusion is that it is OK to marry and have sex with extremely young children, provided it is done in a country where this is legal. I would claim that humans should have evolved a little further than allowing the practices of primitive civilisations over a thousand years ago to continue. Any female on the planet should be allowed to reach a level of maturity where she is able to make her own decisions about who and when to marry. In a lot of the countries where child brides are allowed the marriage is forced upon them by parents and relatives in order to gain status and money. Essentially treating the girls as property to be sold and traded for personal gain. The girls remain uneducated and have no other choices.

I think the "correct" term is Statutory Rape but a 26 yr old guy having sex with a girl half his age is a peado in my eyes.

Oh, & just because you can marry at a ridiculously young age (9!!!) doesn't make it lawful to have sex at that age.

Personally I consider any guy 34 who had sex with a girl under 16 to be a Paedophile. But from a moral point of view having sex at 34 with a girl under 20 to me make you a Predator or Groomer. Myself I like my ladies over 30 its safer. Have met Europeans in Bars who boasted about the young Ones they can get on the Border and told them what sick Pharks I thought they were. No matter where you are you should have some morals. Let kids be kids and 13 is just a little girl

Gave birth at 14 or 15 ... presumably in a hospital. Shouldn't that have been enough to trigger some sort of investigation or follow-up? Ah, what am I thinking...?

Why are you thinking?

About young girls in Thailand delivering babies?

It happens to be quite "normal".

The difference in this case is he too care of her, while normally with Thai fathers he disappears.

As far as I know the age of consent in Thailand is 16.

Between 12 and 16, I believe, the parents of the girl need to file a complaint.

I may be wrong!

Whatever he was 'told' about her age, he knew she was underage, guaranteed!

That makes him a pedo.

Technically not a pedo ..... and if she looked 16 or more, which some can....yes still under age and a dirty old man ..... but let's not mix up apples n oranges .....the scum of the earth are the ones going after 6, 7yo' etc ......or if you really want to weigh it up.....the 2 gents arrested very recently in my home country for intercourse with a 10 month old .......so 13yo with strong will, independant and looking older ...much worse out there to focus on......a 13yo can help them self, make decisions, all be them stupid.....but a 5yo?

I can't believe so many people are basically saying 'screwing a 13 year old isn't so bad'.

This forum attracts some extremely dubious people.

On the scale of things .... shame you cannot tell the difference.

If you were running a charity rescuing these kids ....your hard to get finances and donations .... I know which end of the scale my $1000 would be spent on....but up to you idealologists

According to the Norwegian state media, NRK, the man’s home was searched not because of the sexual offence but because he was involved in a drug case. Police found photographic sexual material including photos of the girl in Thailand in his computer and in cooperation with police in Thailand, Norwegian investigators found the girl and determined her age.

Seems like someone decided he was a bad guy if they were investigating a drugs case.

What I do wonder is if in their co-operation with the Norwegian investigators that the Thai police followed through and investigated the go-go bar in Lamai that employed a 13 year old girl and 'sold her out' ?

"he" = Halldis Winje, the Norwegian attorney appointed to represent the girl,

I like your quote at the end of your comment. Basically, "Men fall in love with their eyes; women fall in love with their ears."

His conduct can't be justified, however you dress it up, but......the bar owner told/assured him she was 16, amd she may have looked 16, so it's difficult for him.

I suppose that pivotal to the prosecution will be whether he determined her actual age prior to her reaching legal age, and as he's been charged, I guess that's been established?

He's done the 'right' thing in supporting the child.

I don't understand the appetite some men have for young women, but if you fall in that category, and there is the slightest doubt, don't. Many countries now have laws under which you can be charged in your home/domiciled country for pedophile activity in a foreign country.

He's done the 'right' thing in supporting the child.

You think so? Do you think really, that 120 USD appr. 4000 Baht is enough for support? For support a young girl he fathered? He obviously did not value her and his baby. He wanted just his fun paying less as for any prostitute. Disgusting anyway. But that is the face of many farangs coming to Thailand....Hope he will have to pay compensation in the amount what is usual in his country.

Of course it's enough. $120 a month is more than many Thais earn, in spite of the 'minimum rate' of B300 a day. He's keeping a kid, not a family.

Please don't see this as condoning his actions in buying an underage girl. It's not.

Whatever he was 'told' about her age, he knew she was underage, guaranteed!

That makes him a pedo.

I think that before you use a terminology you should understand it's meaning. A pedo / pedophile is a person who is attracted to PRE-PUBERTY children, and as puberty starts normally at the age of 10-12, generally speaking pedophilia is only considered in cases involving children under that age.

So having sex with a girl or boy at age 13 and over, while illegal and immoral is not pedophilia (which, BTW, is considered psychiatric disorder. Here's the definition by wikipedia:

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13. A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years old, but adolescents must be at least five years older than the prepubescent child for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.

I am not defending the guy, he still committed a crime here in Thailand, as did the bar owner who employed the girl.

Basically the age of consent in Thailand is 15 with limitations up to age 18 (the young person can change his/her mind after the act and decide they didn't really consented and then the adult can still be accused of having sex with an under aged person, another limit is that under the age of 18 sex cannot be exchanged for money).

So even if he thought the girl was actually 16 as was told by the bar owner (and a developed 13 years old with some makeup can look like a 16 years old) - he is still on the wrong here.

Many years ago I met a girl in a go go bar in BKK. She told e she was 16. I was visiting that bar often and we became friendly - although I never took her (or any other girl) out as I was in a relationship. After about 7 years of not visiting that place, i went in again and met the girl. Bought her a drink and talked about what she'd been doing in the past 7 years. I calculated her age to be 23 and she corrected me - she was only 21. I asked her how could that be?? She answered she was only 14 back then, but all girls were told by the owners to say they 16 or over as that was the legal age back then....

Now, what's really confusing is how can he be accused and tried for under age sex in Europe where the age of consent is much lower than in Thailand??

In an article in the "Independent" from November 2013 it says:

Although 16 remains the global average age of consent, international differences over the acceptable age to have sex are dramatic.

Even in Europe there is not as much consensus as might be assumed. In Austria, Italy and Germany the age of consent is 14; in Sweden, France and Denmark it is 15 – and Spain recently raised its age of consent from 13 to 16. Meanwhile in Turkey and Malta, teenagers have to wait until they are 18 for sex to be legal.

In Norway, where he is charged, the age of consent is 16...

Not too long ago, probably about 2008, a girl had to prove her age to the bar owner. She then had to wear ID, to prove she was over 18, a requirement then.

What has happened to the law since then? This man's actions cannot be condoned, but some of the blame must be laid at the doors of the authorities. What are the Police doing to stamp out the problem, don't tell me, I already know.......................

I want to know which go to bar highered her

Anyone pm me thanks

Archived