Swede faces trial in Oslo for sex with 13 year old Thai girl in Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His conduct can't be justified, however you dress it up, but......the bar owner told/assured him she was 16, amd she may have looked 16, so it's difficult for him.

I suppose that pivotal to the prosecution will be whether he determined her actual age prior to her reaching legal age, and as he's been charged, I guess that's been established?

He's done the 'right' thing in supporting the child.

I don't understand the appetite some men have for young women, but if you fall in that category, and there is the slightest doubt, don't. Many countries now have laws under which you can be charged in your home/domiciled country for pedophile activity in a foreign country.

You think so? Do you think really, that 120 USD appr. 4000 Baht is enough for support? For support a young girl he fathered? He obviously did not value her and his baby. He wanted just his fun paying less as for any prostitute. Disgusting anyway. But that is the face of many farangs coming to Thailand....Hope he will have to pay compensation in the amount what is usual in his country.

Of course it's enough. $120 a month is more than many Thais earn, in spite of the 'minimum rate' of B300 a day. He's keeping a kid, not a family.

Please don't see this as condoning his actions in buying an underage girl. It's not.

You are as cheap as your thinking: To give a child as a half cast an appropriate education in Thailand you need at least 1000 USD. Monthly. If you can't afford....use a condom!

You are as cheap as your thinking: To give a child as a half cast an appropriate education in Thailand you need at least 1000 USD. Monthly. If you can't afford....use a condom!

I am not sure Eton has a branch on Koh Samui. But there's wisdom in your last 3 words.

'Pedo' is slang for a psychological condition, not the name of a criminal offense.

Some countries make it illegal in THEIR country if you commit a crime in ANOTHER country. An interesting way to extend their jurisdiction to the world.

Age of consents vary across the world and differ based on the nature of the relationship (marriage or not, parental consent or not, if both are minors or not.)

Rarely can you successfully use the fact that you did not know the other's true age as a defense (even if there is proof you did not know). Laws are written in this regard to satisfy public opinion, not to punish wrong doing.

And of course the good old 'He was 18, she was 17' can still land you in prison.

14 year old girls *can* make themselves look much older than they really are. With Asians its also possible to think they are much younger than they really are.

To Sum Up: If she don't look like your grandma you might want to skip to be safe :P

'Pedo' is slang for a psychological condition, not the name of a criminal offense.

Some countries make it illegal in THEIR country if you commit a crime in ANOTHER country. An interesting way to extend their jurisdiction to the world.

Age of consents vary across the world and differ based on the nature of the relationship (marriage or not, parental consent or not, if both are minors or not.)

Rarely can you successfully use the fact that you did not know the other's true age as a defense (even if there is proof you did not know). Laws are written in this regard to satisfy public opinion, not to punish wrong doing.

And of course the good old 'He was 18, she was 17' can still land you in prison.

14 year old girls *can* make themselves look much older than they really are. With Asians its also possible to think they are much younger than they really are.

To Sum Up: If she don't look like your grandma you might want to skip to be safe tongue.png

Maybe easier to just stay home and have sex with your grandma.

Chances of AIDS are less and she probably won't get pregnant either.

Whatever he was 'told' about her age, he knew she was underage, guaranteed!

That makes him a pedo.

He was told she was 16, which is the legal age in the UK, a year or two over the legal age in many European Countries. Maybe you are unaware of the definition of 'Paedophile' - which is a person who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children.

A pedo is someone who has sex with prepubescent children . It is not splitting hairs . Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls and yet you all scream abuse but know nothing . What a load of *****.

He is a sex offender for having sex which was illegal due to the laws of that country which are made by politicians.

Vast area of this world as south america age of consent is 12 , parts of asia as korea it is 12 India is in a league of its own with girls as young as 9 getting married . Even some states in usa it is legal for boys at 14 but girls at 16 .

All these laws are made by man . Why do you think your laws are correct and theirs are not ?

In Bahrain the age of consent is 21 so that would make you all pedophiles. The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 and even japan with parents consent is 13 . Are all these millions of people pedo`s . Of course not .

What would happen if a japanese guy briught his 13 yr old wife to uk ? Phillipines is 12 . Midle east has no age of consent just no sex outside marraige so you can marry a child and then have sex legally

Ps the age of consent in thailand is 15 unless the girl is in a bar then it is 18

and, and, and Thats the Facts Jack!!............over 40 years in SE Asia, I can't count how many teen age girls I have seen pregnant, or carting a child around with them. Through out Africa, if they are over 17 and have not had a kid, or a bun in the oven, they are too old to get married........I abide by the laws, and have no interest in girls under twenty five.......so I don't have a dog in this fight - to each his own, but I find it ludacris that any Govt would try you for somthing you did in another country..........unless that country has filed extradition so they can try you - doesn't seem to be the case here.coffee1.gif

According to the prosecution, he first met the girl when he bought her out of a go-go bar in Koh Samui in 2008.

He is a paedophile and the lowest form of excrement on the planet but what about the bar owner who sold her, have they been arrested with human trafficking or are they over looked?

I want to know which go to bar highered her

Anyone pm me thanks

You're too late, she was bar-fined a while back.

A pedo is someone who has sex with prepubescent children . It is not splitting hairs . Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls and yet you all scream abuse but know nothing . What a load of *****.

He is a sex offender for having sex which was illegal due to the laws of that country which are made by politicians.

Vast area of this world as south america age of consent is 12 , parts of asia as korea it is 12 India is in a league of its own with girls as young as 9 getting married . Even some states in usa it is legal for boys at 14 but girls at 16 .

All these laws are made by man . Why do you think your laws are correct and theirs are not ?

In bahrain the age of consent is 21 so that would make you all pedophiles. The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 and even japan with parents consent is 13 . Are all these millions of people pedo`s . Of course not .

What would happen if a japanese guy briught his 13 yr old wife to uk ? Phillipines is 12 . Midle east has no age of consent just no sex outside marraige so you can marry a child and then have sex legally

Ps the age of consent in thailand is 15 unless the girl is in a bar then it is 18

Although I can understand your reasoning, it doesn't mean that I agree with the conclusion.

We adults, with more experience, have a moral duty to protect the children from being abused and making mistakes through immaturity.

The politicians also have a moral responsibility to enact laws allowing children to grow up in a legally enforced protected environment. In all of the examples above parents and politicians are failing to protect the children.

And I strongly disagree with

Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls

This is absolute bu11sh1t.

Not even worth discussing.

What conclusion of his are you disagreeing with? He has not drawn a conclusion (as many here who just want to shout paedos have)he's just pointed out incorrect terminology in the use of that label and also drawn attention to a non black and white situation with widely differing laws by country on age of consent to illustrate the flaws in the argument of simplistically labelling anyone a paedophile who has sex with an underage person. So what is that age ,is it 12 or 21or any of the other scenarios he pointed out? And if you choose an age to suit your perception,or that which coincides with that of your home country,how are you going to deal with lower ages of consent in civilised countries in other European countries? I know it requires intellectual thought which may be alien to some who just want to have an opinion yet be to lazy to rationalise it.

Somebody who understands . The age of consent is determined by MEN and the age of consent is considered by men to be correct to whatever country they came from . They act like gods . our age of consent is correct and the rest of the world is wrong.

This guy sent money for his kid . not a lot but if he goes to jail she will get nothing . Is That right ? Have they asked the girl if she is happy with the arrangement ? Will the swedish government take care of the kid or will all you pattaye pervs cough up up as you shout the loudest

As for 12drinkmore his name says it all . what low intelligence person would possibly think that all single men who come to thailand do not come here for sex with young girls esp in pattaya. I have read on this forum about bar fining girls. Anyone who comes to this country to have sex with girls because they are poor is worse than this guy. If you have ever bar fined a girl you are an extremely disgusting pervert . This forum has the most extreme people shouting for people to be hanged for having consentual sex with a girl who is underage in thier paticular countries . Bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Is it ok for a 65 yr old ugly farang to have sex with a 16 yr old but illegal for a 16 byr old to have sex with a 14 yr old. Better all the thai pervs go home ( prob about 90%) AND LEAVE THE THAI GIRLS ALONE

In bahrain the age of consent is 21 so that would make you all pedophiles. The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 and even japan with parents consent is 13 . Are all these millions of people pedo`s . Of course not .

Although I can understand your reasoning, it doesn't mean that I agree with the conclusion.

We adults, with more experience, have a moral duty to protect the children from being abused and making mistakes through immaturity.

The politicians also have a moral responsibility to enact laws allowing children to grow up in a legally enforced protected environment. In all of the examples above parents and politicians are failing to protect the children.

And I strongly disagree with

Thailand the country where nearly all the men come for sex with young girls

This is absolute bu11sh1t.

Not even worth discussing.

Since just clicking the like button was not enough clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

wink.png

His conduct can't be justified, however you dress it up, but......the bar owner told/assured him she was 16, amd she may have looked 16, so it's difficult for him.

I suppose that pivotal to the prosecution will be whether he determined her actual age prior to her reaching legal age, and as he's been charged, I guess that's been established?

I don't understand the appetite some men have for young women, but if you fall in that category, and there is the slightest doubt, don't. Many countries now have laws under which you can be charged in your home/domiciled country for pedophile activity in a foreign country.

You think so? Do you think really, that 120 USD appr. 4000 Baht is enough for support? For support a young girl he fathered? He obviously did not value her and his baby. He wanted just his fun paying less as for any prostitute. Disgusting anyway. But that is the face of many farangs coming to Thailand....Hope he will have to pay compensation in the amount what is usual in his country.

Of course it's enough. $120 a month is more than many Thais earn, in spite of the 'minimum rate' of B300 a day. He's keeping a kid, not a family.

Please don't see this as condoning his actions in buying an underage girl. It's not.

Don't know where you came up with 1000 dollars monthly, but it is utter nonsense ofcourse. My wife and "half cast" son are doing very nicely on about half that amount, and are considered to be rather well off with 20,000 baht monthly. My son goes to a private school which only costs 10,000 baht yearly.

In this case it is just another mouth to feed, Lots of rice AND schooling can be bought with 4000 baht monthly!

I don't need advice on condom use because I don't get involved in the sex scene in Asia, not my thing.

You're fantasizing about the cost of education though. You're saying it costs more for a part Thai kid?? Why? ? $1000 a month....what a joke.

That's more than a lot of English teachers earn, so if one has three kids to a Thai wife, he has to come up with $3K a month, and still survive on $1000 a month. Absurd.

Don't know where you came up with 1000 dollars monthly, but it is utter nonsense ofcourse. My wife and "half cast" son are doing very nicely on about half that amount, and are considered to be rather well off with 20,000 baht monthly. My son goes to a private school which only costs 10,000 baht yearly.

In this case it is just another mouth to feed, Lots of rice AND schooling can be bought with 4000 baht monthly!

Just another mouth to feed .....you sound so proud

I am not sure Eton has a branch on Koh Samui. But there's wisdom in your last 3 words.

Stupid answer. Go and ask for the fees to send your child to a Booarding School to achieve an International Leaving Cert. Think first and then quote...!

Is sex for a poor village girl at 13 really that uncommon with family members or otherwise in Thailand?

Birth at 14-16 in Isaan? Uncommon? Probably not...meet a 20 year at a bar and the child will be closer to 5 than to 1.....

Define an appropriate education in Thailand for a poor child...

• 2 years later...

When I was 22 years old in England, I met a girl in a pub and we dated. Still remember her name (Tina). At the time the girl told me she was 18, she acted maturely and easily past for 18. We went on 3 dates together after that. Then one night we went out on a 4-some, her, me, my friend and his girlfriend. During the evening she told my friend`s girlfriend that she was only 15, my friend over heard and told me. That was it, on that evening I drove her home and never saw her again.

I was thinking about all the trouble I could had been in, dating what is described as jail-bait. I was deceived but that wouldn`t had been a defence under the law.

So could a 13 year old pass for a 16 year old? If the girl was well developed for her age with make up, I would say definitely. But even if the guy was deceived, just like I was, he must have caught on over time that the girl was under aged. The idiot deserves all that`s coming to him.

On 7/6/2016 at 10:52 PM, Thechook said:

According to the prosecution, he first met the girl when he bought her out of a go-go bar in Koh Samui in 2008.

He is a paedophile and the lowest form of excrement on the planet but what about the bar owner who sold her, have they been arrested with human trafficking or are they over looked?

A paedophile is someone who has sex with a child 10 years or under. he is a best guilty of Statutory rape ( under the age of consent). Labeling people something they are legally not is incorrect. What he did over several years is repugnant. hardly uncommon in Thailand as many Foreigners and indeed locals seem to indulge.

Being 36 why would you want a 16 year old? Not such an issue if you 66 and She 46 but an adult with a teen child is morally wrong.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sex with a 16-year-old is neither morally or legally wrong in most European countries.

It is legal in NZ at that age too. Personally I would raise it to 18 but that is just a case of One's morals. At 36 you are mature and have lived life. At 16 most are naive kids but maybe in Europe women more worldly?

On 7/7/2016 at 8:07 AM, F4UCorsair said:

I don't understand the appetite some men have for young women

It's probably because young women still have the capability to love, but by the time they reach 25 they become cold & calculating gold diggers.

(not to mention they're less likely to have the worst diseases).

I've always preferred women aged 19-25 for relationships, they are much nicer than older ladies.

On 7/7/2016 at 10:48 AM, sawadee1947 said:

Doubt I spend 4,000bht/month on my son, more like 2k or less.

My next door single mom neighbour has 2 children and earns 10,000bht/month. Her rent is 3k/month, she certainly doesn't spend 4k/month on her kids.

Food is cheap, health care is free, and they don't take up any extra living space.

On 7/7/2016 at 8:57 AM, Emster23 said:

I do not condone his behavior in any way, first off. I do wonder just how jurisdiction over crimes of this sort is rationalized. Shouldn't he be extradited to Thailand where the crimes took place? Say I were to smoke some pot in Oregon (my home state, pot is legal, and I don't smoke btw).... would it be acceptable for me to be prosecuted for that in Thailand? I recall in Pattaya some years ago big banner put up by US DEA "Do the crime here, spend prison time in USA" or something of that sort.

Seems there many folks way out of date about the laws that you can and will be be prosecuted in your own country for certain crimes in another country and that includes sex with under age children (such laws apply where the action is a crime in both countries). Many countries adopted these laws quite a few years ago. And many countries have processed such cases with the pedo person doing serious jail timeback in their own country.

-But is it 'out of date' knowledge of the law?

-Or is it that folks don't want to recognize laws which are not in their favor?  

-Or is it that some folks think this is unfair?

Poor Swede,bad luck indeed,10 years after!like in XIX century novel?nightmare...

He is no paedophile,he liked young girls,like anybody around here.

Paedophiles go after kids,who are not mature:no hair,no tities,talk like child...

This is sex deviation by definition.

I wonder,how is baby doing today?and how is young mamma doing?they were very  easy to find,just follow the monies trail:WesternUnion!money in minutes!may be they visited Pappa in Scandinavia?

Archived