"Senior civil servants paying for sex with children" - Uttaradit Governor intends to hunt them down

webfact

"Senior civil servants paying for sex with children" - Uttaradit Governor intends to hunt them down

s4am.jpg
Source: Sanook

UTTARADIT: -- The Governor of Uttaradit intends to catch and prosecute senior civil servants in the province who he says have been paying for sex with children as young as 14.

He said there is clear evidence of human trafficking laws being broken and that people engaging in this behavior will be caught and prosecuted, reported Sanook.

Surasak Charoensirichot has set up an investigative committee after it emerged that senior civil servants were involved in using a service set up by the now arrested Witsanu Noman, 25, called "Rorn Ngern@Sideline Uttaradit".

It was operating on Facebook and was offering paid sexual services available from girls aged 14-17. 'Sideline' is a Thai term used to refer to freelance sex.

The governor said: "This is not a small matter. I want this fully investigated to find everyone involved. It is a clear case of human trafficking and the government has made it perfectly clear they will not tolerate this behavior.

"Civil servants, and of course everyone in society must not buy sex from minors. I am setting up a committee of enquiry at provincial level to find all those involved.

"Those involved in this behavior will face criminal prosecution", he continued. "It won't be swept under the carpet".

He added further that all such websites need to be shut down along with others selling fake products as well.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-07

Why advertise what you plan to do just to show how macho you're? deeds and actions tramps words,

and we shall stay tune to see if those big words will translates to apprehension and prosecutions....

I won't hold my breath. As one newbie farang asked me "Why is it farangs here have sex with minors but the locals don't"

Oh, the locals do do it. On a big scale. Gotta love some newbies with their self-hating & glib comments.

Lets hope for the best here folks. At least its exposed and no mincing of the perpetrators, high class government workers. The Governor has taken a brave step in the right direction. Don't see that very much here. Give him credit where credits due.

Get on with it and catch these low life's. Publicly flog them then give them 20 years minimum in jail not separated from the rest of the inmates but with them. Let's see how many actually leave the jail walking.

....as you can see....very organized....and going up many levels.....???

...so I guess anything....and anyone....is for sale in Thailand....???

...they better start admitting they have some serious problems here....

...and stop pretending foreigners are the only sickos....or criminals....

...and using Facebook and the internet....???

...outrageous.....

...they should be put away for hundreds of years....if even a day....???

...and stop treating local scum like 'celebrities'.....

How about make headlines about convictions etc. rather than the usual PROPOSALS e.g. to this to that to to to... How about FOR A CHANGE we hear did did did.

As ever some of these grand statements have to be viewed with suspicion.

I'm not saying some aren't genuine but how many are just for publicity to make the speaker look and sound good and how many for advance warning to the people they don't want to catch ?

"Civil servants, and of course everyone in society must not buy sex from minors"

So buying sex is ok, as long as the service providers are not minors? Bunch of hypocrites, prostitution is supposed to be illegal in Thailand right?

Or has that law no longer a law?

Senior civil servants (poo yais) have been raping this country for years!

They take what they want. They see it as their god-given right.

Think we all know, they and the ridiculous system they 'work' for are the real reason this country 'lacks', shall we say.

Makes you wonder if any of the caught (if they aren't tipped off and abscond as usual) will actually be prosecuted and do time. Hmmmm.....

They'll be running out of people to form committees soon !!

Everyone is either already in a committee or a non active post smile.png

Hey, maybe they can form the committee from a wide selection of govt folks currently assigned to inactive posts still pulling full pay and benefits....it would give them work to do other than just setting around with nothing to do.

. Publicly flog them then give them 20 years minimum in jail not separated from the rest of the inmates but with them. Let's see how many actually leave the jail walking.

Here we go --- the predictable trash posts. Very high class -- how about some constructive suggestions.

. Publicly flog them then give them 20 years minimum in jail not separated from the rest of the inmates but with them. Let's see how many actually leave the jail walking.

Here we go --- the predictable trash posts. Very high class -- how about some constructive suggestions.

How about you come into the real world. You think it is ok? what a sick person you are. You need treatment or incarcerated probably both.

Flogging is constructive or maybe you would just enjoy it. I assume you are one of those idiots that belief these people have human rights

Get on with it and catch these low life's. Publicly flog them then give them 20 years minimum in jail not separated from the rest of the inmates but with them. Let's see how many actually leave the jail walking.

I hear that ISIS is on a recruitment drive... you may want to come out of retirement

I predict another National Propaganda Network 'story' about how someone somewhere praised Thailand's Human Rights record... coffee1.gif

Lets hope for the best here folks. At least its exposed and no mincing of the perpetrators, high class government workers. The Governor has taken a brave step in the right direction. Don't see that very much here. Give him credit where credits due.

The governor's threats of action is not a brave step. As Winnie, and others, wrote it's pretty much SSDD. Unfortunately his words will prove to be nothing but lip service.

Oh, some low hanging fruit might be paraded in front of a fawning media, but this issue will not stop.

Sadly, the attitude of this issue amongst Thai men will not result in the perps being beaten in jail, like in many western countries...

Archived