"Senior civil servants paying for sex with children" - Uttaradit Governor intends to hunt them down

webfact

Here's a question:

Where are the parents of these children? Are they complicit in human trafficking and selling their own daughters/sons?

Many of the parents are. As long as there is money coming in they know what is going on but look the other way.

"Civil servants, and of course everyone in society must not buy sex from minors"

So buying sex is ok, as long as the service providers are not minors? Bunch of hypocrites, prostitution is supposed to be illegal in Thailand right?

Or has that law no longer a law?

Buying sex has never been illegal in Thailand but buying sex from underage prostitutes is.

Why advertise what you plan to do just to show how macho you're? deeds and actions tramps words,

and we shall stay tune to see if those big words will translates to apprehension and prosecutions....

Is sex a fake product? Let me think on that one and I will get back to you. BrainF**t yes it can be at times. I am sure that the governor will garner votes in the next over this blustery/powerful speech. This kind of reminds me of a cuckoo clock where the rooster comes out and crows on the hour and half hour then disappears back into his box.

How about make headlines about convictions etc. rather than the usual PROPOSALS e.g. to this to that to to to... How about FOR A CHANGE we hear did did did.

Kind of reminds me of a windup toy I had as a kid. Eventually the sound stopped and needed to be rewound again.

Well if you have sex with a 14 year old in Nevada it is mandatory you do life for it No plea bargaining. But this is Thailand here you an atta boy and a high five.

That sounded pretty extreme to me so I looked it up ...

Statutory rape is a gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail, a fine of up to $2,000, or both, if the defendant is over the age of 18 but under the age of 21. If the defendant is over the age of 21, statutory rape is a category C felony, punishable by one to five years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

Sexual assault of a child under the age of 14 is punishable by 35 years’ to life imprisonment and child sexual abuse may be punishable by up to life in prison.

(Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. §§ 193.130, 193.140, 200.366, 200.368, 200.508, 201.540, 201.550.)

Lets hope for the best here folks. At least its exposed and no mincing of the perpetrators, high class government workers. The Governor has taken a brave step in the right direction. Don't see that very much here. Give him credit where credits due.

Not to worry, someone will have a quiet word with him, then all will be forgotten. Perhaps a few sacrificial lambs for the media.

. Publicly flog them then give them 20 years minimum in jail not separated from the rest of the inmates but with them. Let's see how many actually leave the jail walking.

Here we go --- the predictable trash posts. Very high class -- how about some constructive suggestions.

How about you come into the real world. You think it is ok? what a sick person you are. You need treatment or incarcerated probably both.

Flogging is constructive or maybe you would just enjoy it. I assume you are one of those idiots that belief these people have human rights

Strange as it may seem, YES they do. Or do you believe everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

From everything I've heard from my good sized Thai family, the average village girl loses her virginity around age 12. To a Thai boy? No. Uncles and fathers are the main culprits.

Rubbish...Thai don't EVER talk about virginity, let alone let it be known when and by who.

I think there is something wrong in your 'good sized' Thai family from ?????????

Clearly a lose goose remark.

Crazy shit, like everyone knows what is going on,and is, in like, denial.

Exactly, everyone knows about the dubious activities of Thailand's Hi-Sos. But not just the hi-sos, also a lot of Thai men out in the villages. Point is, that none of this is a secret, it is widely known AND accepted by Thai society. Just rarely talked about.

So where is the Thai Minister of Culture when you need her?

From everything I've heard from my good sized Thai family, the average village girl loses her virginity around age 12. To a Thai boy? No. Uncles and fathers are the main culprits.

Rubbish...Thai don't EVER talk about virginity, let alone let it be known when and by who.

I think there is something wrong in your 'good sized' Thai family from ?????????

Clearly a lose goose remark.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but some Thai families DO talk about it, and do so in a very casual way. Mine certainly does.

I read the article thoroughly...these were mere Thai senior civil servants paying for a little fun with underaged children...not real pedophiles...

If they had been foreigners engaged in these nefarious activities...definitely pedophiles...wai2.gif

"Civil servants, and of course everyone in society must not buy sex from minors"

So buying sex is ok, as long as the service providers are not minors? Bunch of hypocrites, prostitution is supposed to be illegal in Thailand right?

Buying sex has never been illegal in Thailand but buying sex from underage prostitutes is.

Section 9 Paragraph 1, of the "Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996)"

http://www.thailaws.com/

I don't know about anyone else on this forum, but it looks pretty definitive to me. Jail time normally means you have broken the LAW.

Maybe my interpretation is all wrong..

Section 9 Paragraph 1, of the "Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996)"

http://www.thailaws.com/

I don't know about anyone else on this forum, but it looks pretty definitive to me. Jail time normally means you have broken the LAW.

Maybe my interpretation is all wrong..

Yes it is wrong. Paying for sex is not illegal. Some aspects of providing prostitution services are illegal, but paying for sex (in private) is not one of them, as long as the provider is 18 or over.

it will be swept under the carpet if they are too rich to face what passes for justice here.

When I came here in 1961 to Udorn I was told by some senior LOS officers that they and the local pfficitals had a private club stocked with very young girls and boys for the members to use.They have been doing this for a long time.

Archived