Living In Krabi

girlx

since both a good friend of mine and my little sort-of-boyfriend both just moved to krabi, i has crossed my mind that i might also want to live there some day. just wondering what the infrastructure is like for foreigners there. is it easy to find a place to rent with a phone line (need this for ADSL internet access), hot shower, kitchen and yard? how much would a place like that cost there and where are the good residential areas? is it easy to get around? how much to rent a motorbike monthly in that area? are there supermarkets? good variety of food? a good farang community? also i know it is mostly muslim, what if i brought my dog?

thanks for any answers

since both a good friend of mine and my little sort-of-boyfriend both just moved to krabi, i has crossed my mind that i might also want to live there some day. just wondering what the infrastructure is like for foreigners there. is it easy to find a place to rent with a phone line (need this for ADSL internet access), hot shower, kitchen and yard? how much would a place like that cost there and where are the good residential areas? is it easy to get around? how much to rent a motorbike monthly in that area? are there supermarkets? good variety of food? a good farang community? also i know it is mostly muslim, what if i brought my dog?

thanks for any answers

Hi

are you asking about krabi town or the province of Krabi ?

I live in Krabi town, which has about 15,000 pop. There are places to rent in town,most of the townhouse variety, some would have phone line. The cost shoud be around 6-10k/month.

There are no tescos or makro(yet) but many smaller grocery stores. Very easy to get around town motercycle taxis and pickup taxis . Motorcycle rentals about 150 a day ,sure a good deal could be had monthly. The varietty of food and restaurants is very good IMHO. small farang community. No problem with dogs there are lots.

Now if you are talking about Ao Nang, Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta(all located in Krabi province) which are pretty much completely tourist driven, its a different story.

hope this helps

thanks- yeah i guess i was actually asking more about ao nang. krabi town is ok but i wouldn't really want to live there. hope things are good for you though!

Edited by girlx

thanks- yeah i guess i was actually asking more about ao nang. krabi town is ok but i wouldn't really want to live there. hope things are good for you though!

My friend lived in ao nang for 2 years. She was teaching in Krabi town. I know she had a nice house with a yard. There was also a couple other farangs living around her in houses as well. I will ask her the details and get back to you.

My friend lived in ao nang for 2 years. She was teaching in Krabi town. I know she had a nice house with a yard. There was also a couple other farangs living around her in houses as well. I will ask her the details and get back to you.

This is what she said:

I had a one bedroom. Cost me 3000 bhat/month. I know the guy next to me had a phone line and internet, so I don't think the owner would be opposed to running a line through one of the other houses. It took me about 10 minutes to walk to the NOppharat Thara Beach, and 20 minute walk into Ao Nang. And yes, I had a front yard. *snif It was a great little place. Just off of Klong Hang Road (where the mosque is).

Hope that helps

Hi girlx,

I lived in ao nang for a couple yrs and have spent alot of time there over the last 7 yrs. I'm living in phuket now, but often think of moving back. I guess I stay here cause in phuket we have just about everything(infastructure wise) and I'm kinda settled and comfortable here. Not to say u can't get everything one would need in krabi. Shopping is more running around to small mom and pop stores instead of hitting tesco for everything. Definitely not the end of the world.

When I was last living there finding a decent bungalow for 3-6000 is easy although getting a phone line wasn't. Now I hear things are improving and most of my friends that still live there have phone lines and adsl from tot or somebody else for the usual 1000 baht per month.

My place was indeed owned by muslims(who had the shutters tight by 9pm most nights...no late night karaoke) and I believe they wouldn't have liked having a dog around too much. I do know of people who have dogs there though, so its just a matter of finding the right place.

Personally I love the nature and scenery around ao nang/krabi. Its a good location if u want to be somewhere quiet, but not too far out in the sticks. The airport makes things easy too. Now that I think about it, I might be moving back there myself...hahaha...

thanks for any answers

Hi

are you asking about krabi town or the province of Krabi ?

I live in Krabi town, which has about 15,000 pop. There are places to rent in town,most of the townhouse variety, some would have phone line. The cost shoud be around 6-10k/month.

There are no tescos or makro(yet) but many smaller grocery stores. Very easy to get around town motercycle taxis and pickup taxis . Motorcycle rentals about 150 a day ,sure a good deal could be had monthly. The varietty of food and restaurants is very good IMHO. small farang community. No problem with dogs there are lots.

Now if you are talking about Ao Nang, Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta(all located in Krabi province) which are pretty much completely tourist driven, its a different story. :o:D:D

hope this helps

C'mon Willyjoe..Don't tease the girl.. you know they don't have elect yet and they roll the pavements up at 6:30pm ..You be a good boy and stop teasing..