pulsetv.net

Deepinthailand

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

PulseTV are doing more server maintenance today between 12-5pm. Apparently it will be even better once it's done. I'll just be happy if it comes back at all!

Been with them 2 weeks,it seems server maintenace is a regular issue.I miss Expat/365 ,format was so user friendly no one else seems to come near it.

The English EPL season is over at least a couple of months to wait for the dust to settle

Just now, Sparkles said:

Been with them 2 weeks,it seems server maintenace is a regular issue.I miss Expat/365 ,format was so user friendly no one else seems to come near it.

The English EPL season is over at least a couple of months to wait for the dust to settle

I agree that the server maintenance has been excessive recently.  But if notice is given and it improves the service, I can put up with it.

I never had Expat/365, but I find it difficult to believe it could be more user friendly than PulseTV, which is literally just plug in and then use a remote control to choose the channel or video you want to watch.

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I agree that the server maintenance has been excessive recently.  But if notice is given and it improves the service, I can put up with it.

I never had Expat/365, but I find it difficult to believe it could be more user friendly than PulseTV, which is literally just plug in and then use a remote control to choose the channel or video you want to watch.

Ho do you get pre notice of server maintenace ? Trust me 365 was more user friendly for non tech people like me.Although Pulse has more stations many I am not interested in American football , Hockey for example but I acknowledge watching options vary due to personal taste.I hope it will improve, sometimes selecting a station and its not available is frustrating never had that with 365.

I am also using the Expat Minix box, Pulse said that was ok and originally never got a remote from Expat/365 as a wireless mouse was all I needed.Now with Pulse the audio is low and I dont seem to be able to correct it going to Minix settings. I would like to get a Minix remote  but tracking down the Minix NEO X6 remote to buy is proving difficult.

We soldier on, at least I have something to fill in home entertainment time

Ho do you get pre notice of server maintenace ? Trust me 365 was more user friendly for non tech people like me.Although Pulse has more stations many I am not interested in American football , Hockey for example but I acknowledge watching options vary due to personal taste.I hope it will improve, sometimes selecting a station and its not available is frustrating never had that with 365.

I am also using the Expat Minix box, Pulse said that was ok and originally never got a remote from Expat/365 as a wireless mouse was all I needed.Now with Pulse the audio is low and I dont seem to be able to correct it going to Minix settings. I would like to get a Minix remote  but tracking down the Minix NEO X6 remote to buy is proving difficult.

There's a message section on the Pulse screen.1496317444775.jpg

14 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I am using Pulse on a Minix box and last week my volume was down. I contacted Pulse on live chat on their website and they guided me through it. You have to go to Minix Settings, then advanced and you will find volume. Click on it and slide to maximum. Not sure why my volume was down as I had not touched it but it worked. P.S. I only use a mouse for Pulse TV. I am trying out IPTV thailand tv at the moment and for that you need a remote which compared to mouse is a bit complicated for me. You can purchase this air mouse remote from IPTVthailand for 500 baht.

4 hours ago, tugman said:

I am using Pulse on a Minix box and last week my volume was down. I contacted Pulse on live chat on their website and they guided me through it. You have to go to Minix Settings, then advanced and you will find volume. Click on it and slide to maximum. Not sure why my volume was down as I had not touched it but it worked. P.S. I only use a mouse for Pulse TV. I am trying out IPTV thailand tv at the moment and for that you need a remote which compared to mouse is a bit complicated for me. You can purchase this air mouse remote from IPTVthailand for 500 baht.

I did exactly the same Tugman but after sliding the volume bar when I went back it reverted to its original postion ie LOW volume. Not be tech minded I dont know how to keep the volume where it should be. Any suggestions most welcome

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I did exactly the same Tugman but after sliding the volume bar when I went back it reverted to its original postion ie LOW volume. Not be tech minded I dont know how to keep the volume where it should be. Any suggestions most welcome

Problem solved with friends expertise and keyboard mouse :partytime2:

On 01/06/2017 at 10:14 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Expat TV had by far the best UI (followed by UKTV). Nothing else I've seen comes close.

Pulse seems to have settled down a bit over the last few days.There's a big gap in the market now Expat/365 have gone, all their previous subscribers must be searching around for alternatives maybe that's encouraged them to  improve their product.

The loss of 365 and its coverage of the English Premier League shoudld not be underestimated tha'ts a huge draw,whose going to fill the void ?

The EPL season is in holiday recess mode but starts again August/Sept that when the punters will be getting twitchy

Diabolical last night from this mob, constant problems using an Android box ( audio and pic out of sync, kept replaying part's and finally stopped working all together ) moved on to my desk top, where the screen just kept locking up and sometimes just clicked out of the programme.

The laughable thing is that the one day of the week  when they must have know that a lot of people would be using their service due to the many sporting events that were being shown, the chat facility was offline  and  messages i sent still haven't been responded too and too think i'm actually paying for this !!!

11 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Diabolical last night from this mob, constant problems using an Android box ( audio and pic out of sync, kept replaying part's and finally stopped working all together ) moved on to my desk top, where the screen just kept locking up and sometimes just clicked out of the programme.

The laughable thing is that the one day of the week  when they must have know that a lot of people would be using their service due to the many sporting events that were being shown, the chat facility was offline  and  messages i sent still haven't been responded too and too think i'm actually paying for this !!!

Yes the programming jump can be annoying and repeats of sections but last night I watched the England v Australia cricket one day game without interruption, that was from 5pm through to around 10 pm.with no problems If the audio and pic goes out of sync I use the wireless mouse to put it on hold and then go forward again and it corrects itself.

When I cant get a picture I re boot the Minix box I got from Expat and its a goer. Pain in the neck but like a lot of folks I'm  waiting for the EPL season to arrive and review.            I am only paying a mth up front,1,000 baht.

Came across Nitro TV thats worth a look.

As they all appear to be illegal its a bit of  a minefield

4 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Yes the programming jump can be annoying and repeats of sections but last night I watched the England v Australia cricket one day game without interruption, that was from 5pm through to around 10 pm.with no problems If the audio and pic goes out of sync I use the wireless mouse to put it on hold and then go forward again and it corrects itself.

When I cant get a picture I re boot the Minix box I got from Expat and its a goer. Pain in the neck but like a lot of folks I'm  waiting for the EPL season to arrive and review.            I am only paying a mth up front,1,000 baht.

Came across Nitro TV thats worth a look.

As they all appear to be illegal its a bit of  a minefield

I watched England v AUS ODI yesterday all day in perfect FHD, 1080i

You guys really need to look at your own setup a bit more, all these services are now going to be needed to be based outside of Thailand. This means you will need a ISP that is not mean with international bandwidth.

I highly advise , sending this facebook page a message asking for more information on UKTV options, 

https://www.facebook.com/BritishExpaTV/

at the moment he/she has a special offer of 1200 baht for 90 days, usual price is 1800 baht for 90 days

I would describe it as very good BUT I use a MAG256 box, this is the Rolls Royce of IPTV boxes, you will need a android box with 2GB ram or higher and a decent chipset.

I dont advise signing up for any deal over 3 months with any supplier till it all calms down

Looks like Pulse has been inundated with new subscribers, which is doubtless contributing to the current excessive requirement for 'server maintenance'.

Friend of mine (ex Thaiexpat TV Premium user) applied for the Pulse TV service just yesterday and got this message:

Due to a recent large influx of new Subscribers Pulse TV is currently at the limit of its Server Capacity.

We are actively looking to increase capacity to allow further Subscriptions but until the upgrades come online we cannot create new Accounts/Subscriptions as any increase would have an adverse effect on all current Subscribers streaming performance.

Please accept our apologies for this situation -  We will be happy to accept all new Subscribers once the updates have been completed and I will contact you at that time.

1 hour ago, skippy121 said:

I watched England v AUS ODI yesterday all day in perfect FHD, 1080i

You guys really need to look at your own setup a bit more, all these services are now going to be needed to be based outside of Thailand. This means you will need a ISP that is not mean with international bandwidth.

I highly advise , sending this facebook page a message asking for more information on UKTV options, 

https://www.facebook.com/BritishExpaTV/

at the moment he/she has a special offer of 1200 baht for 90 days, usual price is 1800 baht for 90 days

I would describe it as very good BUT I use a MAG256 box, this is the Rolls Royce of IPTV boxes, you will need a android box with 2GB ram or higher and a decent chipset.

I dont advise signing up for any deal over 3 months with any supplier till it all calms down

Well my set up and has been working fairly ok recently and this morning so probably more to do with them i feel, plus the other day on watching a re-run of a game it jumped forward 34 mins and when i  contacted them they actually said "yes there was something wrong their end" ! 

Besides all of the above it would be nice if someone was actually manning their chat Line  so they could iron out any faults for customer's !

I have been trying Pulse and iview hd+ since Thai expat ended. I find Pulse freezes and buffers whereas iview does not. Also iviewhd+ has a 7 day catch up as opposed to 24hrs on Pulse. Only gripe I have with iview is that you cannot pause playback on TV even though you can pause playback on the films.

Did have 365Sport which I thought was great but didn't know it was illegal!! Now others seem to have popped up and theses are also seemingly illegal, so what's a guy to do?

Initially the owner of the apartment I am in would not let me put a satellite dish up, however I have persuaded him that it could be mounted in a position which doesn't look "ugly", so he has allowed that to happen, or he will do in the next couple of days when it is delivered.

Before I go blundering into anything else again, I have got the True Vision HD family pack which includes sports channels and the cost is around 880 baht per month. I'm only really interested in EPL and European football and NZ rugby union, and movies are just not needed from my perspective.

So my question to the folks here who seem to know a damn sight more than I do is........... can anyone see any flaws in my choice, bearing in mind that they have told me I can buy an extra box from them which allows recording, which would be absolutely fantastic for me?

On 11/6/2560 at 5:55 PM, xylophone said:

So my question to the folks here who seem to know a damn sight more than I do is........... can anyone see any flaws in my choice, bearing in mind that they have told me I can buy an extra box from them which allows recording, which would be absolutely fantastic for me?

Regarding the external drive for recording with True Visions, i used to have it before True dropped the football a few years ago, and it was great. Worked really well. The problem though was that they wouldn't allow you to use one unless you subscribed to one of the top packages, Gold or Platinum. They also charged extra every month for the recording service. It all added up to quite a lot of money. Perhaps though they have changed their policy on this?

27 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Regarding the external drive for recording with True Visions, i used to have it before True dropped the football a few years ago, and it was great. Worked really well. The problem though was that they wouldn't allow you to use one unless you subscribed to one of the top packages, Gold or Platinum. They also charged extra every month for the recording service. It all added up to quite a lot of money. Perhaps though they have changed their policy on this?

Thanks for the feedback..............They didn't mention the Gold or Platinum service proviso when I asked, however will see what transpires as I think they are coming to install it today!!

Anyone experiencing problems logging on to Pulse ? Yesterday and today I keep trying and usually takes 5 or 6 attempts before loading even though internet is strong.

Mine is working fine. I mainly watch BBC1/2 and other UK channels, plus CNN and Fox. Now the football season is over I haven't tried the sports channels. There were some issues with Fox freezing but it seems ok now. Might have been political ?.

The 'chat' support is helpful.

44 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Mine is working fine. I mainly watch BBC1/2 and other UK channels, plus CNN and Fox. Now the football season is over I haven't tried the sports channels. There were some issues with Fox freezing but it seems ok now. Might have been political ?.

The 'chat' support is helpful.

Not if it's "offline" it isn't !!!

I've been running Pulse TV since last August, and once I got my internet sorted out (changed from True to AIS Fibre) it has been pretty much flawless.   Their servers are in BKK, so unlike other streaming services, no international bandwidth is required.   Anyone experiencing buffering has an issue with their internet speed.  I've also found that their online 'help' service is pretty efficient, and having it during what could be considered normal office opening hours is fine.

They have an excellent library of movies and TV shows also, including very recent movies (I watched Trainspotting 2 the other day).   In their 'International' channel selection, they have Thai channels for those interested.   Their subscription allows for 4 device connections, so I have it on my TV (via a box), and direct to my PC and smartphone, and one spare connection when required.

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

I've been running Pulse TV since last August, and once I got my internet sorted out (changed from True to AIS Fibre) it has been pretty much flawless.   Their servers are in BKK, so unlike other streaming services, no international bandwidth is required.   Anyone experiencing buffering has an issue with their internet speed.  I've also found that their online 'help' service is pretty efficient, and having it during what could be considered normal office opening hours is fine.

They have an excellent library of movies and TV shows also, including very recent movies (I watched Trainspotting 2 the other day).   In their 'International' channel selection, they have Thai channels for those interested.   Their subscription allows for 4 device connections, so I have it on my TV (via a box), and direct to my PC and smartphone, and one spare connection when required.

I was led to believe it is "illegal" and may be shut down along with the others. So what is the situation with this....please!

I was led to believe it is "illegal" and may be shut down along with the others. So what is the situation with this....please!

Shall we say it's a 'grey area'. They have assured me that they are not breaking any Thai laws and that they are "licensed".

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I can only comment on what I know to be true, and that is that the service has continued without interruption (with the exception of planned server upgrade down time) for the past 10 months.   I'd suggest that, if you have a reasonable internet connection, you try the least costly option of month(s) subscription at a time until you gain confidence.   No way on earth would I go for a local provider such as True/CTH etc.   Their channel content is poor, it's heavily censored compared to the US/UK downloads that are available.   Live events such as sport are the only perceived benefit, and with Pulse I watch live/catch up everything you can imagine, everything from football, cycling, Americas Cup sailing, Lions tour of NZ etc etc, all in good quality HD.   What's not to like?

Shall we say it's a 'grey area'. They have assured me that they are not breaking any Thai laws and that they are "licensed".

Of course its illegal, but Thai TV should be shut down on grounds of a danger to humanity.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Archived