Jenhop Apologizes To Families Of 2 Grad Students He Killed

rooster59

...this sick pathetic charade goes on.....

...wasn't it clearly murder...or at least vehicular homicide....

...wow......

isn't that for the courts to decide.?

He's been charged with 'fatal reckless driving' which he admits. Other lesser charges, he's pleaded not guilty. The victims families have agreed it was an accident (read linked report), and no doubt the court will take that into account - if it gets that far.

IMO, sentences are ridiculously low for this offence when rich and powerful people are involved, and now its been agreed as an accident, he will probably get a suspended sentence.

Makes me sick.

An accident..>!! What part was an accident...?

If I fired a 2.5 ton bullet, (say a Mercedes) into a crowded Soi, (say a motorway..). And some hapless individual was subsequently killed by it leaping up behind them... Would that be an accident too...?

...this sick pathetic charade goes on.....

...wasn't it clearly murder...or at least vehicular homicide....

...wow......

isn't that for the courts to decide.?

He's been charged with 'fatal reckless driving' which he admits. Other lesser charges, he's pleaded not guilty. The victims families have agreed it was an accident (read linked report), and no doubt the court will take that into account - if it gets that far.

IMO, sentences are ridiculously low for this offence when rich and powerful people are involved, and now its been agreed as an accident, he will probably get a suspended sentence.

Makes me sick.

An accident..>!! What part was an accident...?

If I fired a 2.5 ton bullet, (say a Mercedes) into a crowded Soi, (say a motorway..). And some hapless individual was subsequently killed by it leaping up behind them... Would that be an accident too...?

Well, there you have it. Not a lot any poster on here can do about it, is there? IMO, the victims' families seem to be very forgiving, which gives him a loophole to wriggle free of more serious charges. I doubt very much the deaths were premeditated, as most likely the scum was high on drugs, but was permitted not to take a sobriety test. The RTP involved should be suspended and transferred elsewhere.

... The victims families have agreed it was an accident (read linked report), and no doubt the court will take that into account - if it gets that far. ...

"“This first round of negotiations went well, because both sides understood that it was an accident,” Jenphop’s uncle Charoen Yodkaewlah told reporters after the meeting"

This is the multimillionaire uncle of the milionaire killer driver speaking. There's absolutely nothing to indicate that the victims families agree. The fact that the 'negotiations' are continuing attest to that. The cops will be waiting for their 10% of the 'negotiated' compensation with great anticipation.

seems paying off the families is the best way to stay out of prison here. wonder why he hasnt done so. maybe the families would prefer putting him in jail rather than a payout. respect for them if that is the case.

Broke one law (DUI) by refusing to observe another law (sobriety test), no arrest, no jail time, no compensation offered or paid and a paltry 200 k baht bail.

This guy truly is some kind of protected species.

Archived