Nice Si Chuan Style Hot Pot Restaurant open

susanschwaiger

Just FYI: On 3rd road (near North Pattaya Road), where the traffic light leads to the Big C North Pattaya, there opened a new Si Chuan style hot pot restaurant. You can choose small pot/big pot/spicy hot/none spicy hot etc, and lots of dishes to choose, including lamb slice and sea food/vegetables/bean products etc. And the dipping sauce is very good.

Last time we went there, we got Chinese menu. I also saw Thais dining there so there should also be Thai and EN menu.

Indeed first time had good CN style hop hot in Pattaya Restaurant .

post-125519-0-78347400-1468043435_thumb.

post-125519-0-37315300-1468043478_thumb.

post-125519-0-61185600-1468043539_thumb.

looks like MK

No. Sichuan hot pot is about the BROTH. Very different.

To the OP, does that place ONLY have hot pot or is there a menu with cooked to order Sichuan dishes?

What about some information about the price range as well?

Thanks.

MK is in fact a kind of Suki Japanese hot pot. The pot broth is very light and not much dipping sauce. Many Chinese/Korean bring their own dipping sauce when they go to MK :)))

Sorry there are no ready cooked dish....

Last time, we 3 persons ate 900 baht, after a "newly opening" discount. We ordered a lot . Here are some price info:

small spicy hot: 50 small light pot: 30 small halal pot :30 big size pot for half spicy/half not spicy pot: 280

vegetable: 30 each dish lamb: 120 beef: 90 Pork: 60 Seafood: can't remember

Winter melon tea: 40 Cold herb tea: 40 big beer: 180 small bear: 90 water: 15

The good thing is: to this restaurant, you can either go with lots of other people to order big pot, or you can also go alone to order a small pot. Flexible !

Is everything billed a la carte or do they do some sort of all-in buffet style price? My experience of the a la carte places is that the bill rapidly expands to astronomical size, and for me the whole point of these places is to try small amounts of lots of different things.

Not sure about the small bear for 90B. smile.png

Is everything billed a la carte or do they do some sort of all-in buffet style price? My experience of the a la carte places is that the bill rapidly expands to astronomical size, and for me the whole point of these places is to try small amounts of lots of different things.

Not sure about the small bear for 90B. smile.png

No, they don't have menu set like in MK etc... Need to order one by one..

I did not order beer, only cold tea ... But I do remember the price is 90, 180 for some beer....

Definitely got to try this place.

However, I've never actually eaten an "authentic" Sichuan hot pot.

I've had many "mala" Sichuan "soup" dishes where the ingredients are already in the broth.

Those broths are on the oily side but you generally eat a lot of the broth. Instead, its mostly used to FLAVOR the foods you cook in it, right?
Or maybe I'm wrong.

In the "authentic" experience which I assume this place is about, isn't the "broth" mostly boiling and VERY oily, so you cook the items in the broth and don't really eat much of it as a soup, is that correct?

Also, is it customary to order RICE with this ritual, or not?

Thanks.

@Jingthing: Yes, what you described is a "Hot Pot" dining style :)) You eat the food cooked in the pot, no need to drink that soup...

You can order rice, but I'm not sure if the menu lists rice... Can't remember exactly because we did order rice last time.

Archived