Get out and don't come back - US man and Thai wife tossed out of their own Hua Hin condo

webfact

Get out and don't come back - US man and Thai wife tossed out of their own Hua Hin condo

s2p.jpg
Image: Daily News

HUA HIN: -- A Thai woman and her American husband have claimed that the locks on their beachfront Hua Hin holiday condo were changed and they were threatened not to come back.

They say they are the legal owners of the 4.3 million baht home, reported Daily News.

Somjit Ratanamongkhol, 30, filed a complaint with Ratanathibet police in Bangkok yesterday.

The computer programmer who works for Grand Design Siam said that she and her husband had been threatened by a large group of Thai men not to return to their condo that they had bought two years ago.

They used it as a holiday home but there had been problems with water entering the property and broken CCTV and they had had arguments with the juristic person office.

When they arrived at their property the locks had ben changed and they were threatened, she said.

And in another development a woman has claimed that she has permission to use the condo as a beauty clinic.

The matter has been reported to Hua Hin police and the government's Damrontham help center and crime suppression division police are also set to get involved.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-11

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another foreigner bilked out of 4.3M baht.

Was it his wife? was it the condo juristic? is there a hidden story? ....... does it really matter?

Better to rent in 3rd world countries, then if there's a problem you can just move somewhere else.

Another foreigner bilked out of 4.3M baht.

Better to rent in 3rd world countries, then if there's a problem you can just move somewhere else.

In first world countries as well for that matter!!....

I just sit back and smirk at all the sheeple who continue to get indebted to the eyeballs,and wonder why they are so stressed and miserable!t

Let the well-off landlord pay for that broken hot water system i say!.....

Gotta admit, I was a little taken aback about how complex Thailand "condos" can be when Googling around the recent news about rental condos, etc.

I didn't realize there were so many variations on "condos" depending on whether they're officially registered or not, and whether you get a freehold title or a leasehold title. Ownership rights seem to vary quite a bit depending on how the purchase was structured.

Then, add a tidbit about some other lady claiming she has permission to use the condo for a beauty clinic?

It will be interesting to hear more details. But I doubt we'll ever get the whole story- or even enough for a cautionary tale about what not to do.

Much more to this than has been reported.

If they are the legal owners nobody can just change the locks and tell them do not come back.

yes they can the local mafia can tell anyone to go, if not they are killed simple as that

If they are the legal owners nobody can just change the locks and tell them do not come back.

Do you want to bet. This is one of Thailand's favourite tactics.

I had the same thing happen to me once over a car I bought. The villagers where I lived just wanted to keep it and me to be gone.

They threatened me with one local police guy who must have been equal to about a constable. Too bad my good friend was Chief of local detectives. He drove out there and the local constable was on his knees in front of me but if not then it would have been adios to the car.

This goes on everywhere.

It is just a shake down by local thugs.

I love reading the posts on topics like this by the all-knowing TV members. There should be a sign on arrival to Thailand to join TV because if you're a member of TV you will never get mugged off by a wife, girl friend, never get bullied or threatened by local mafia etc and enjoy the feeling of grandiose smugness of other who do fall foul to scams and cons.

I had the same thing happen to me once over a car I bought. The villagers where I lived just wanted to keep it and me to be gone.

They threatened me with one local police guy who must have been equal to about a constable. Too bad my good friend was Chief of local detectives. He drove out there and the local constable was on his knees in front of me but if not then it would have been adios to the car.

This goes on everywhere.

Psycho terror is their favorite tactic to get to comply.

This goes on everywhere.

another good reminder to never buy property

you need to stay light & agile in thailand

Yep, keep a suit case packed and always have 10,000 USD in cash and your passport handy. Easy to move from Nana to Cowboy, to Pattaya,

etc etc.

when you buy property in LOS, you don't actually own it

even so, it looks to me there's some unrevealed debt/gambling debt, etc, that one of the two isn't sharing with the other

all this..... ...makes leasing oh so more attractive

Who knows the real story. Way to much info missing. Bet there is some kind of loan somwhere with the property as collateral or some debt that is being argued....thai loansharks are in this one for sure.....Need more info.

I love reading the posts on topics like this by the all-knowing TV members. There should be a sign on arrival to Thailand to join TV because if you're a member of TV you will never get mugged off by a wife, girl friend, never get bullied or threatened by local mafia etc and enjoy the feeling of grandiose smugness of other who do fall foul to scams and cons.

Maybe that's why they call it a forum.

Archived