Swede with Thai wife found dead just days after being involved in a dispute over road accident

webfact

Swede with Thai wife found dead just days after being involved in a dispute over road accident

s2p.jpg
Image: Daily News

PHANG NGA:-- A Swedish man has been found dead in a disused restaurant just days after he was involved in a dispute over an accident.

The decomposing body of Daniel Moore [transliterated], 56, was found in premises that were used by him and his wife from Buriram to sell Isaan food in Phang Nga, southern Thailand, reported Daily News.

Police were alerted to a foul smell emanating from the premises of the "Saeng Chan" restaurant in Borirakbamrung Road where a for sale sign had been posted for the last three months.

They broke into the property that was locked from inside and found the deceased in a bedroom. The body was sent for autopsy.

Local police discovered that the Swede lived there with his Thai wife and they had opened the restaurant together. But they were preparing to go back to Sweden together and had already shipped items to Europe and prepared documents.

Last week the wife had gone to Buriram to visit her mother and after she had failed to get in touch with her husband for several days she phoned a neighbor to check up on him. The neighbor detected the smell and alerted police.

It later emerged that the Swede had had an accident on Saturday when the three wheel motorcycle he was riding had collided with a passenger vehicle. Daniel was found to be over the alcohol limit.

The owner of the vehicle had asked for 30,000 baht in damages but Daniel had bargained this down to 3,000 baht saying he had little money. Police had made a date to discuss and resolve the matter at the station and let Daniel go home.

Police surmised that he may have died from internal injuries sustained in the accident or complications as a result of being drunk.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-13

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIB now has xray vision? Dose BIB have a bet pool on who can guess cause of death best? I wish they would stop this stupid guessing and let professionals give cause of death Cause having a badge and gun don't give you super powers or brains.

BIB now has xray vision? Dose BIB have a bet pool on who can guess cause of death best? I wish they would stop this stupid guessing and let professionals give cause of death Cause having a badge and gun don't give you super powers or brains.

It is clearly printed in the police manual how to make a cause of death predicting instrument.

2000px-Fortuneteller_mgx.svg.png

Every time I read one of these articles I smile.

Then I read the comments and smile.

This is the land of smiles after all.

I think most of the long timers here would agree when I say..................Speak softly and carry a big stick.

I think most of the long timers here would agree when I say..................Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Looks like the guy he hit has quite a big stick.

that is one of my main concerns in the land

of smiles - rubbing the locals on the wrong side.

did he not have insurance for his vehicle to have the accident

settled by his insurance company.

you may notice that the wife is generally away ate time of

such incidences.

such incidences.

Be polite to everyone and show respect for the country, culture and people. You should have no problems.

The problem is I am a man. If it happens that I'm involved in some type of disagreement I refuse to be subservient and cower to men half my weight simply becaus my skin colour makes me a target.

One of the many reasons I won't live in Thailand.

Only a man is dead... yet you still smile every time you read these articles?? Wonderful human being

Only a man is dead... yet you still smile every time you read these articles?? Wonderful human being

Every time I read a response like this to a post like above...... I laugh!

It is clearly printed in the police manual how to make a cause of death predicting instrument.

2000px-Fortuneteller_mgx.svg.png

You are assuming too much, that is a pretty complicated piece of origami..

I think it's much more immediate and straightforward,, "FOUL PLAY, NOT FOUL PLAY"

post-170560-0-16707800-1468400306_thumb.

The police are good, may have died from internal injuries sustained in the accident or complications as a result of being drunk.

Internal injuries and he drove away, tough guy? Accident on a SAT. When was the body found, it takes awhile for a body to decompose and smell. Locked from the inside, are there windows there?

POLICE, trying to be CSI's cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The problem is I am a man. If it happens that I'm involved in some type of disagreement I refuse to be subservient and cower to men half my weight simply becaus my skin colour makes me a target.

Nothing to do with size, better to walk away from someone that clearly cannot debate without resorting to violence. The fact that he is smaller has nothing to do with it. If he does look like he is resorting to violence you have already won the argument in my view.

What if he was much bigger then you, still refuse to be subservient?

OK ... good news! You do not live in Thailand.

May I ask, Why the you are on a Thai-centric website?

You really should get out more ... a keyboard warrior commenting on a country he does not live in, and does not like.

Amazing Farang ... too much idle time on their hands.

Restaurant locked from the inside, middle-aged victim, morbidly obese (judging from body bag photo), apparent history of heavy drinking (recent alcohol related accident), in the process of moving back to Sweden (makes suicide unlikely) leaves accident or health problem as most likely cause of death, right? You don't have to be Inspector Clouseau to figure that one out. Pending an autopsy, police anywhere in the world would arrive at the same initial theory of what happened.

But on the other hand, if it turns out that the guy died from foul play, it's possible that the wife gave the killer a key to the restaurant, and the trip to see Moms in Buriram was just so she would have an alibi for the time of the murder. The cops always start with the family and work their way out. Would also have a long talk with the guy he had the auto accident with. You never know; people have been killed for a lot less that 30,000 baht.

What professionals are you referring to? Surely it's not the "Doctors" doing the autopsy. With the crime scene procedures followed here and the lack of interest in the truth, who is going to conclude a reasonable cause of death?

such incidences.

did he not have insurance for his vehicle ...

A guy in his financial condition going by what he used for transportation, has not insurance, there is no law in Thailand that you MUST have insurance.

The ONLY Compulsory Law is the Uninsured Motorist Insurance. This is to reimburse Doctors and Hospitals taking care of vehicular accidents injuries. There are several countries in the world that have this Uninsured Motorist Insurance. When it started years ago the premium was well into the thousand Baht. The Insurance is administrated by the Thai Gov. and is so successful that the last time (2016) I paid only about 600 Baht. Who says the Thai Gov. cannot operate something successful???

Police were asked a question and like all Thais "I dont know" is not in the vocabulary so something is just made up instead

Archived