Swede with Thai wife found dead just days after being involved in a dispute over road accident

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine what the Thai Police case load would be if they actually investigated each and every farang suspicious death?

They might not have time to set up roadblocks and extort tea money...

Buddha forbid!

that is one of my main concerns in the land

of smiles - rubbing the locals on the wrong side.

did he not have insurance for his vehicle to have the accident

settled by his insurance company.

you may notice that the wife is generally away ate time of

such incidences.

Be polite to everyone and show respect for the country, culture and people. You should have no problems.

please elabourate on your opinion what is thai culture ?

such incidences.

Be polite to everyone and show respect for the country, culture and people. You should have no problems.

Interpret this to mean...take all the s%&t, give up your rights, your common sense and logic, and just keep that ATM burning hot baby!

If it happens that I'm involved in some type of disagreement I refuse to be subservient and cower to men half my weight simply becaus my skin colour makes me a target.

It's not skin colour that makes someone a target here, it's being a d*ckhead.

(not commenting specifically on this story, just a general principle probably well known to all long-term residents here)

such incidences.

Spit it out,what are you insinuating.Reads like the locals were pretty good,let him bargain down to 3000 baht,considering he was drunk.Do insurance pay out on drunks?Wife visits mother because they are going to Sweden and she is under suspicion from the TVF dicks(detective).

Exactly the same thing happened to a Swedish mate of mine in Cha am.Hit from behind and fell off his motor bike.Driver fled the scene.He had been drinking.He got himself to hospital complaining of a crook shoulder.He went to sleep in the hospital and never woke up.Bleeding on the brain.The only time in his life he never wore a helmet.His Thai gf did everything she could to catch the driver, but she ran out of money.There was cctv footage but then that disappeared.

such incidences.

I have also pointed that out many times.

The wife is always away somewhere and having a plausible reason for being away...while that reason seems more like an Alibi than a reason...lol

If that was the case or is the case ..in such cases..... then it proves to us that the police really do not care ...they really do not care and would rather be doing something that makes them money rather than follow up on a death that could very well be a case of collusion resulting in premeditated murder.

In this case I do not think the wife was involved ( but could be ) but, what a coincidence the husband dies when she is away for several days.

There is more to this than meets the eye ...but the police have put the possibility of people colluding to commit murder out of their minds and back to caring for more important matters...like where to have Som Tum lunch...lol

Cheers

he had a accident the thai wanted blood or more than the damage caused.what a surpise it happened to me something that would cost maximum 500 baht if that cost me 3000.another friend his fault the damage was more than another scooter would cost new.in the end it was becoming a joke.i think he upset the thai person too much and this may be the end result

Restaurant locked from the inside, middle-aged victim, morbidly obese (judging from body bag photo), apparent history of heavy drinking (recent alcohol related accident), in the process of moving back to Sweden (makes suicide unlikely) leaves accident or health problem as most likely cause of death, right? You don't have to be Inspector Clouseau to figure that one out. Pending an autopsy, police anywhere in the world would arrive at the same initial theory of what happened.

But on the other hand, if it turns out that the guy died from foul play, it's possible that the wife gave the killer a key to the restaurant, and the trip to see Moms in Buriram was just so she would have an alibi for the time of the murder. The cops always start with the family and work their way out. Would also have a long talk with the guy he had the auto accident with. You never know; people have been killed for a lot less that 30,000 baht.

After they look at the family,they look at motive.Don't know where you plucked 30k baht from.He was poor so going back to Sweden.You would think wifey would want to do that for a few years to get some money together.Now she is probably not going.Can check wifes story about Buriram by the phone calls she made.Motive to have him alive is strong.

he had a accident the thai wanted blood or more than the damage caused.what a surpise it happened to me something that would cost maximum 500 baht if that cost me 3000.another friend his fault the damage was more than another scooter would cost new.in the end it was becoming a joke.i think he upset the thai person too much and this may be the end result

You thing too much.

Every time I read one of these articles I smile.

Then I read the comments and smile.

This is the land of smiles after all.

I think most of the long timers here would agree when I say..................Speak softly and carry a big stick.

The problem is I am a man. If it happens that I'm involved in some type of disagreement I refuse to be subservient and cower to men half my weight simply becaus my skin colour makes me a target.

One of the many reasons I won't live in Thailand.

You'd have to be a masochist with a death-wish to do so!

ive lived here 16 years and it never fails to amaze me as to so many stupid farangs dont have the brain they were born with ..........................unbelievable the situations these farangs get there selves into i see it all the time here

I think most of the long timers here would agree when I say..................Speak softly and carry a big stick.

You act like a newbie when you advocate bringing a stick to a gun fight.

Yeah... Let them keeping murdering us and disguising it as unexplained self-inflicted injuries, jumpicides or liquor boarding to keep the real numbers of foreigners murdered in Thailand buried with the truth. Something always smells when the Thai wife calls for someone, other than herself, to check on their husbands from their alibi hole.

Just wonder if this person that died was smiling before death??? if there is a killer we all know it will be almost impossible to find who did it and put it this way thai police do not waste time looking for farang killer.

Police statements prior to an investigation IF performed/conducted can be traumatic for life for the family members left behind.

Ok he was over the limit.....but how much.

2 beers....10/

And IF the damage was 30K he would have been told to pay,, so where is the other party....and why not charged for excessive extortion?

TIT.

So,the facts :

1.) They had a failed business that was for sale.

2.) He had no money left because...see above!

3.) Planning to go back to Sweden broke,probably to live with his Mother or something similar.

4.) She goes home to Mum in Buriram.

This is where the story becomes interesting :

5.) She hires a hitman

or

5.) She makes Som Tam with Mama as she probably won't see her for a while.

6.) Hitman is paid by wife to crash into him on his trike,then argue with him and demand 30,000 but agree to take 3,000 Baht.

or

6.) He goes out and gets pissed,as his life had turned to crap in Thailand and he's having to go back to live with Mum for a few years in freezing Sweden.He crashes,Somchai demands 30,000 but takes a look at him and realises there's no chance of that happening so accepts 3,000 Baht.

7.) Hitman is to let him go home,then in full ninja costume break into the house and make it look like an accidental death,then sneak back out again.Presumably his fee for the hit was the 30,000 Baht but his fee was haggled down by the mark/victim to just a tenth of that at 3,000 Baht.
or
7.) His crash caused major and irreparable damage to internal organs and he dies in his sleep probably painlessly,or choked on his own vomit due to his injuries and drunkenness.

Which is the more likely scenario?

The Swede was unhealthy and drunk , maybe he just died for that reason alone. The wife would not kill her husband , then she would say good bye to all his money and a life in Sweden . So if he was killed , well maybe the driver from the accident did it.

But we will never find out here on Thaivisa.

The problem is I am a man. If it happens that I'm involved in some type of disagreement I refuse to be subservient and cower to men half my weight simply becaus my skin colour makes me a target.

One of the many reasons I won't live in Thailand.

Your problem is not that you are a man but a man without a sophisticated skill set or resources to deal with conflicts and confrontation. You are a man lacking in self esteem and perceive masculinity as machismo and violence.

BIB now has xray vision? Dose BIB have a bet pool on who can guess cause of death best? I wish they would stop this stupid guessing and let professionals give cause of death Cause having a badge and gun don't give you super powers or brains.

Guessing is a not a super power, it's just a guess..

And...

Asking if the BIB have x-ray vision, seems childish for giving advice to the Thai police..

Archived