Thai electricians to require certification under new law

webfact

Electricians to require certification under new law

ell.jpg
Featured image: Internet

BANGKOK, 14 July 2016 (NNT) - The Department of Skill Development (DSD) will raise awareness for the 2014 Skill Development Promotion Act for building electricians, before the law is enforced on October 26th.

The DSD and the Thai Electrical & Mechanical Contractors Association (TEMCA) will co-host a seminar about the law from August 19th - 21st in Pattaya city, primarily for electricians working at industrial estates on the East Coast.

According to the 2014 Skill Development Promotion Act, the profession of building electrician can jeopardize the public if not performed by qualified individuals. Therefore, electricians must be certified by the DSD prior to employment. Failure to obtain certification before working as an electrician can result in legal penalties under the Act.

More than a thousand electricians have already been certified by the DSD. They were required to take several tests as part of the process. It is believed that there will be 40,000 qualified building electricians by the end of September.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-14 footer_n.gif

This proves the Thai are much smarter then Europeans.

In W-Europe electricians go to a special technical school for at least 4 years, Thai can do it in 4 days! clap2.gif

i've yet to see one with a meter that has come to my house.

In W-Europe electricians go to a special technical school for at least 4 years, Thai can do it in 4 days! clap2.gif

My house sure will never see one again. After Somchai installed the cable for the kitchen-equipment (European kitchen) the whole fusebox burned out at night. It was the breaker for the kitchen, totally burned out.

I'd rather the headline read

Drivers of all passenger vehicles and boats will be required certification under new laws focused on health safety and competency -

The Department of Skills and Development will raise awareness as new laws come into effect requiring all drivers of passenger vehicles both land and sea to get certified under a new public safety initiative, once certification is gained a new licence will be issued, all those licenced will become directly responsible under new strict laws and procedures, with prosecution and stiff penalties for those found to be breaking the new laws.

All those applying for the new licence will be required to attend special training centers set up under the Marine Dept and Roads Dept, only those certified will be allowed to drive/captain public transport.

What standards are they going to use? From what I have seen Thailand doesn't have any that are worth calling standards. So I guess these guys will go for a few days learn about nothing and then be in theory qualified. I guess in Thailand that makes sense

Maybe they are just too familiar with being imperialistic.

This indicates a serious problem within the Thai education and the trades sector , you are actually saying tradesmen are not certified , you are a joke Thailand, you operate like the Junta , in the 18th century , all apprentice tradesmen should go to a trades and further education schooling (TAFE) and learn their trade properly, all tradesman should be certified , no doubt about Thailand the cart is always before the horse , and if there is a shortfall of finance as an excuse , axe the Tank and Submarine purchase..........................coffee1.gif .

Several tests eh? Modelled on the ONET and ANET tests are they?

Test 1. Do you know what your name is?

Test 2. Are you male or female?

Test 3 can you spell 'Ohm's Law'?

I'm sure there will be lots at the same level, but why bother? Nobody fails in Thailand, just give the next 30,000 their certificates, for showing up. Same as you did with the first 1,000.

Winnie

So what they are saying, the so called electrician who asked my wife what is an earth rod cannot be an electrician anymore.

Poor bugger will just have to stick to growing rice.

Such an unjust world is it not

Is all this reaction because of Bill Gates writing something about how ugly it looks on facebook or something like that?

Evidently nobody noticed it before. Obviously why Bill Gates is a multi-billionaire.

Perhaps Warren Buffett might like to come to Thailand and notice the ubiquitous smell of raw sewage along lower Sukhumvit Road. Then the government will get in a bit of a flap and fix it straight away. Of course the Governor might want a commission or two… though personally I think he's a splendid fellow, with some wonderful friends. And all as honest as anything…

Winnie

I re-wired my in-laws house, and replaced the supply side of the plumbing (there is no drainage side, it runs onto the ground) without any building code certification. FYI it ain't rocket science.

I also did all the electrical work in the new home I built in NSW, which was then checked and signed off by a certified electrician (mate). The building inspector knew immediately that I had done the work - it was far too neat.

So what they are saying, the so called electrician who asked my wife what is an earth rod cannot be an electrician anymore.

Poor bugger will just have to stick to growing rice.

How many appliances in your house have a 3-pin plug? How many of those are plugged into a power board with a 2-pin plug on its lead?

I re-wired my in-laws house, and replaced the supply side of the plumbing (there is no drainage side, it runs onto the ground) without any building code certification. FYI it ain't rocket science.

I also did all the electrical work in the new home I built in NSW, which was then checked and signed off by a certified electrician (mate). The building inspector knew immediately that I had done the work - it was far too neat.

And that doesn't matter. What you've done is illegal and should be pulled out and the electrician fined.

I seriously doubt an inspector would sign off on an installation knowing the work was carried out by an unregistered, unauthorised individual.

Go pull someone else's leg mate.

And that doesn't matter. What you've done is illegal and should be pulled out and the electrician fined.

I seriously doubt an inspector would sign off on an installation knowing the work was carried out by an unregistered, unauthorised individual.

Go pull someone else's leg mate.

this does happen, as long as the wiring etc is checked and signed off by a licensed electrician the inspector will usually pass it. I worked in the aussie building industry for many years and have seen this happen a few times, mainly as the owners want it done a specific way(legal) and also to save on costs of a sparky but they do require a licensed one to make sure what they have done is all right. Very hard for an inspector to say who actually did the wiring, many times it is done by an apprentice who also is not licensed but again this is still legal as long as a licensed sparky supervises or checks it all after it is done to ensure it has been done right

I wonder if a colour vision test is compulsory? It used to be embarrassing if one mixed up the red and green wire, but they changed the colour codes in many countries.

Not that there's much earthed/grounded here.

Archived