Recommendation for Sony camera repair shop?

Recommendation for Sony camera repair shop?

My Sony RX100mk2 (bought in July 2014 in Bangkok) recently developed the following problems:

Lense cover does not open and close completely when I switch on or off the camera,

I have to press shutter button hard to take a picture (sometimes have to press twice, sometimes delay between pressing and picture),

Mode dial switches when I touch it (e.g. when pressing shutter button),

Cover for charging socket doesn’t close (can live with that)

Where in Bangkok (or Pattaya) can I take it for repair? I’m looking for recommendations of shops others have good experience with, can be out of the tourist areas, don’t have to speak English (I can speak Thai).

(I had very poor experience with passport pictures from one photograpy/printing shop: reflection from flash on my glasses, and printing quality not good. Don’t want to give my camera to someone who doesn’t know what he is doing.)

Try to ask here in BKK:

http://www.avcamera.com/index.php/contact-us

AV-Camera is a great photography shop, and M. Mana is very commited and helpful.

I dealt with this shop several times and service is outstanding. Never done any repair, but M. Mana told me it can usually be done localy.

Maybe worth a try...

PS: M. Mana speaks an excellent english

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Among the documents when I got when I bought the camera was a list with shops. I went to Sony Center in The Mall Bangkapi and inquired: repair would cost 4900 Baht (replacing LCD screen, actually just the flexible connector has a contact problem, when I flip the screen it turns black - additional problem to those reported in op) and take one week. They would send it to the main branch in New Phetchaburi road, and from there it would be sent to Singapore for repair. As I use my camera almost every day, one week is unacceptable (unless they lend me the same model for free while mine is in repair). I was looking for a place where I can leave my camera, then go for lunch and a stroll around the neighborhood, and pick it up 2 hours later.

Will check the recommendation AV-Camera next.

Any further suggestions?

I'd say good luck with a two hour repair!  If they don't have parts in stock, they would need to order in.

Last time I sent a Sony camera for repair it took six months...at a official Sony repair depot... 
Canon not much better either...

But will be interesting to know if there is such a place .....

Archived