Aussie bicyclist fined over reckless Doi Suthep ride

snoop1130

Aussie bicyclist fined over reckless Doi Suthep ride

post-249866-0-08488800-1468501974_thumb.

CHIANG MAI:-- A young Australian bicycle rider has been fined over a clip of a cycle ride he and a group of friends made up Doi Suthep at the weekend.

Phuping station police managed to track down the 23 year old named as Mr McCallum. After the clip did the rounds on Youtube he became better known as Sam the Vegan or "The Fastest Vegan on Doi Suthep".

Privately police and many Thai commentators might have had a different name for him. He was filmed on the 13 minute joyride riding on the wrong side of the road a lot of the time and at least at one point nearly causing an accident with some pick up trucks.

Police found him still on the hill yesterday and invited him into the station for a little chat. He admitted he was the person in the clip and that he had done wrong.

In fact Sanook.com even reported that he posted an apology to the Thai people after his meeting with the police entitle "My Apology".

Officers told him of the error of his ways and he accepted their conclusions. He was fined an unspecified amount for negligent and reckless riding of a bicycle and littering in a public place.

They didn't fine him for being topless or spitting on the steps of Doi Suthep temple after his ride.

Source: CM108: http://bit.ly/29EaWMA , Sanook News: http://news.sanook.com/2030158/

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-14

Video of the incident

Apology

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about time - before someone got killed....

With the songtou's taking 2 lanes & the buses cutting the lanes + the cyclists crisscrossing on their fun ride down coupled with the motor scooters chugging uphill trying to keep away from the diesel fumes, at times the drive up/down isn't worth the trouble.....

Recipe for disaster.....

But sometimes smooth as silk....

vegan wasn't on the wrong side of the road as much as the Camera Bike was,

and it was a little rang-a-dang step-through, dinking the pillion cameradude - sitting backwards...

...surely that can only be allowed on an official ride, such as a Tour-de-Whatever

My take. What a short circuited minds these cyclers are. All over the world in fact. They have an atitude that the road is theirs.

What else is he proving than being a self kicker. Oh, watch me going mommy.

Besides, the Tour the France is in Europe, go that way.

And these outfits, what a queers.

So he apologised; haha, Not so, this over confident vegan guy will NOT learn and shows only that he is a narcist and not an ambassador.

Another quality farang.

Please forgive him for littering and spitting as this is what all these cyclists do. Lucky for you if you are not just passing them by.

What a complete utter idiots they are! Taking corners against traffic just for fun, what if a bus full of children came downhill at the same spot?

Put them in jail for a year or so, just for endangering the Thai population. They don't dare do this back home so just go to Thailand to misbehave.

And why is he so proud to be vegan? To me he looks more like a gay.

Look at me......I'm a vegan.........and a lunatic.

What is it about many who choose the non meat way of life? They behave like born again Christians, a gay just out of the closet, or Marco Polo, wanting others to believe they're the first to have done such wacky things, constantly seeking attention for a choice they've made.

Grow up sonny, but maybe you can't do both, be a vegan and grow up?

With a performance like that, if his brain was dynamite, it wouldn't blow the wax out of his ears.

Two references to the offender in this being gay or a queer. What a broad minded bunch you all are. This is 2016 so wake up and smell the coffee. Calling someone gay or queer is inappropriate. Please <deleted>, nimrod, dip stick, <deleted> by all means. Because he is.

yea, this guy didn't use and brains and i'm sure wouldn't do this back home

BUT have you seen how cars and motorbikes drive over here????? he is idiot number 234,454,366

it's that farang ego on vacation, acting his age (mid-20's)....

have you never seen kids act dumb in college and right out of college?

it's horrible how he acted, but i'm sure we all did something stupid (maybe after drinking?).....

the ones that hate him for being a cyclist usually hates someone for being fit, have money for nice bike, and happy

i just think with all the actual accidents, i'm surprised this story got traction. no accident, just some idiots.

vegan wasn't on the wrong side of the road as much as the Camera Bike was,

and it was a little rang-a-dang step-through, dinking the pillion cameradude - sitting backwards...

...surely that can only be allowed on an official ride, such as a Tour-de-Whatever

and that makes it right?

It's the kit gets me, but then I suppose one wouldn't want to get mistaken for a poor person, would one. All this gear for cycling, yet Thais'll happily go out on a motorbike wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.

Thai traffic police in action... sort of.... no post of vid, would have been no action.

I can understand why would ride facing traffic: would have a slight chance to diving off road before getting hit versus blindsided from behind if went with flow. Still, could have been run over by one of the numerous drivers of motorcycles who also drive against traffic.

I used to ride a bike here, gave it up: too dangerous. Even walking fraught with peril....

My take. What a short circuited minds these cyclers are. All over the world in fact. They have an atitude that the road is theirs.

What else is he proving than being a self kicker. Oh, watch me going mommy.

Besides, the Tour the France is in Europe, go that way.

And these outfits, what a queers.

So he apologised; haha, Not so, this over confident vegan guy will NOT learn and shows only that he is a narcist and not an ambassador.

Another quality farang.

Please forgive him for littering and spitting as this is what all these cyclists do. Lucky for you if you are not just passing them by.

My thought too, what a bunch of fags!

And why wasn't the other Thai cyclists arrested and made to apologize?

I hate these tiny hobbit bikers, they always have an advantage on the uphills...bah.gif

Archived